[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,951 through 1,965 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

I just have to say that this forum thread has not helped me at all. I have given up on RB3 customs. Support was ineffective and instructions left out key parts. I don’t understand why everyone is so secretive about where to find sZFE wad. Any time it is mentioned, Stack or sinonimous says that you can find it somewhere but never actually points you in the right direction. I have given up and come back about ten times and each time something goes wrong again. If you can’t tell me where to find sZFE, how about you take out the word optional next to your custom sZGE so people know they need it. I am frustrated beyond belief and will not be returning to this thread.

I mean, a simple Google search would lead you to a video with instructions, but it would also be clear why we’re not openly discussing those WAD files’ and their primary intent here. I assumed most people getting started with this would already have it because, well, statistic say so. However, we did advise you to proceed with sZGE since all of those files could be accounted for.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

I just have to say that this forum thread has not helped me at all. I have given up on RB3 customs. Support was ineffective and instructions left out key parts. I don’t understand why everyone is so secretive about where to find sZFE wad. Any time it is mentioned, Stack or sinonimous says that you can find it somewhere but never actually points you in the right direction. I have given up and come back about ten times and each time something goes wrong again. If you can’t tell me where to find sZFE, how about you take out the word optional next to your custom sZGE so people know they need it. I am frustrated beyond belief and will not be returning to this thread.

Stack has done an amazing job here. If you’re too dense and/or computer illiterate, that’s not his problem or responsibility. You insist on doing things your way and then get frustrated when you fail. That’s on you.

Now, you can be grateful for the work Stack and I did to make this happen and for the support you get on here…or you can get out. It’s that simple.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

bbsrtrain
        Participant

I can’t tell you how much Stack, Sin, Nemo, all of the people in this forum have helped me. I still have questions about all of these customs and I’m still learning as I go along. Couldn’t do it without any of this. I was actually ready to get rid of Rock Band until I found this site. I owe my repeated play of Rock Band in the last two years to C3, Just wanted to express my feelings for everyone since somebody had to put a damper on the forum. I love you all.

I agree with Stack. I mean, it can’t be that hard to type sZFE into Google, is it? Shoot, you would’ve been able to find the link within my own posts in this very thread back when I was first starting out. An actual search through this thread would’ve revealed all of my posts with the relevant info. This leads me to believe a search of this nature did not occur, likely due to the sheer size of this thread (98 pages at time of writing).

I mean, the whole idea of customs is to do some form of research to make your experience your own. Whether it be through a USB drive, or using the retail disc, or through even emulation, everyone comes in with their own approach to making customs work with their game, so as such, it’s only appropriate to heavily nudge towards making your experience your own.

For example, I did my own research to enable customs using the retail disc through the loader with Neogamma, which was not in the first draft of Stack’s tutorial. Furthermore, I was able to do it with much less soft-modification of my own Wii. A self-constructed minimalist approach, as it were. It involved at least a year of trial and error, including giving up and returning, before I happened upon the magic combination for my own Wii. All of this involved doing my own research.

Bottom line, do your own research and be patient with yourself and us. Actually read the thread from page one to now, including all of my posts in this thread. Then come back to us with questions. Savvy? :v:

Ruggy
          Participant

Hey, Stack, could you make a Gecko code to Force Scrolling Vocals in All instruments Mode for chart preview? I’ve tried to make, but I’m not good in codes, you know hahahahahaha

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

A simple toggle like that is not as easy as you’d think.

But isn’t scrolling vocals the default on All Instruments? If the Vocals player is there, you can change it. If they’re not though, then maybe a cheat is necessary.

Ruggy
              Participant

Oh, I mean Static Vocals hahahahahahaha
                Sometimes it sucks to toogle off All Instruments Mode to test the Static Vocals, you have to deal with the lag.

CTRLCMD
                Participant

Hey so I followed the tutorial and I tried converting Battery – Metallica and Any Way You Want It – Journey from the 360 con files. The wii can see that the songs are there, but it won’t play and will give me “X Song cannot be restored to Wii System Memory”. I’ve numbered everything in the meta folder correctly, pointed to the mid in the songs.dta folder, and it still won’t work.

EDIT: I got them to work, as well as all the Rock Band 1 and 2 songs that did not export (Enter Sandman, Battery, Paranoid, etc). I can also get Lego Rock Band to work, but not any other Rock Band 1 song.

This is the error message I get: “to play this song, you need the latest update for rock band 3. please make sure you have downloaded all updates for this title”

alucardla
                  Participant

Hi, Stacks, did you have the wii version of Brand New- Sowing Season?Ihe one I auto-converted from a .con doesn’t work well in WII. The song keeps freezing a lot of times, maybe it’s because of the size of the file 43, 44mb. Thank you very much for your help.

Interestingly, I’ve been finding that any tracks I have that are specifically between 34 MB and 40 MB stutter and hiccup despite being under under the 40 MB limit for SD card songs.

Unfortunately, the particular songs that I have that suffer from this issue were converted from Xbox 360 content, and I’m unable to modify the MOGGs in Audacity…

I wonder if I should try to move to an Virtual NAND setup or if that would be too much trouble for the problem I’m having? Plus, I wonder if I’d have to download all my DLC again?

I have a new query about songs that have updated versions on the old/new database.

I honestly have not dug through this topic again to make sure this subject has been covered (apologies in advance), but I was wondering if there’s a way to load a new version of a custom without having to rebuild the ENTIRE cache of songs.

For example, when an update to ‘My Eyes’ (from Dr. Horrible) got released onto the database, I had already converted the first version into the Wii about a week prior. Another good example would be wanting to update to the 2x Pedal version of Opeth’s ‘Bleak’.

I’m afraid of the chance of the cache not rebuilding or hanging during the rebuilding process and losing all that progress over the past year.

Any suggestions?

alucardla
                    Participant

Interestingly, I’ve been finding that any tracks I have that are specifically between 34 MB and 40 MB stutter and hiccup despite being under under the 40 MB limit for SD card songs.

Unfortunately, the particular songs that I have that suffer from this issue were converted from Xbox 360 content, and I’m unable to modify the MOGGs in Audacity…

I wonder if I should try to move to an Virtual NAND setup or if that would be too much trouble for the problem I’m having? Plus, I wonder if I’d have to download all my DLC again?

I use the .app files not the SD and the limit still cause problems in some songs, I’ve been asking Stacks if he has a wii version of “sowing season” an amazing Brand new song. This one is like the version from xbox of “dull life” stuttered in WII.

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant

Sorry for the late replies on these.

I have a new query about songs that have updated versions on the old/new database.

I honestly have not dug through this topic again to make sure this subject has been covered (apologies in advance), but I was wondering if there’s a way to load a new version of a custom without having to rebuild the ENTIRE cache of songs.

For example, when an update to ‘My Eyes’ (from Dr. Horrible) got released onto the database, I had already converted the first version into the Wii about a week prior. Another good example would be wanting to update to the 2x Pedal version of Opeth’s ‘Bleak’.

I’m afraid of the chance of the cache not rebuilding or hanging during the rebuilding process and losing all that progress over the past year.

Any suggestions?

Updates to the chart (midi) or audio don’t require a cache reset. Anytime the DTA has to change, you’d have to reset. But, as I’ve mentioned before a few times, there’s still a way to refresh just one or a few songs. If you don’t mind all the file transfer stuff, it could still be faster than a whole cache reset. Plus, some scores are still somewhat recoverable.

I use the .app files not the SD and the limit still cause problems in some songs, I’ve been asking Stacks if he has a wii version of “sowing season” an amazing Brand new song. This one is like the version from xbox of “dull life” stuttered in WII.

I can’t find these customs you’re referring to. They are customs, right? I’m not sure how to help until I know this.

And finally, just going to plug MiloMod here for those who don’t know. This tool is a must for Wii customs, especially those with Keys. Follow the instructions in the post and let me know how it goes. I know the “stuck camera” issue was a common problem reported in the past. And hopefully there are no major side-effects to this as well.

alucardla
                        Participant

Sorry for the late replies on these.

Updates to the chart (midi) or audio don’t require a cache reset. Anytime the DTA has to change, you’d have to reset. But, as I’ve mentioned before a few times, there’s still a way to refresh just one or a few songs. If you don’t mind all the file transfer stuff, it could still be faster than a whole cache reset. Plus, some scores are still somewhat recoverable.

I can’t find these customs you’re referring to. They are customs, right? I’m not sure how to help until I know this.

And finally, just going to plug MiloMod here for those who don’t know. This tool is a must for Wii customs, especially those with Keys. Follow the instructions in the post and let me know how it goes. I know the “stuck camera” issue was a common problem reported in the past. And hopefully there are no major side-effects to this as well.

Hi, Stacks, nice to have you around,

Don’t worry about that last post, was just an answear trying to help another user.

The reason I came here recently I talked bout a one or two weeks ago, The reason was asking if you please have a Wii version of the custom “Sowing Season” by Brand New, because the one I converted from the xbox version was too big I think and freezes many times middle song. I really like Brand New and I would love so much to have this track from them. You are the Wiizard here( no pun intended) maybe you know how or even have a wii version of this custom. Thanks

StackOverflow0x
                          Participant

But why is this custom giving you problems? Is it a multitrack? Where is it?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,951 through 1,965 (of 3,117 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button