[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Ok, so I ran the tool through a command prompt to see if there was any output error. This is the output I get whenever I run the packer (computer is in Spanish, so it’s a rough translation):

C:UsersImationerDesktopJuegos variosRB3Packer>rb3wiipacktool

Unhandled exception: System.ArgumentException: The access path isn't of a valid format.
    in System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
    in System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
    in System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
    in System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    in System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
    in RB3WiiPackTool.Module1.Main()

I even tried redownloading. I don’t know what else to do.

Does the computer have trouble interpreting the command because the name ‘juegos varios’ is creating a space in your command line? I doubt that would cause any significant problem, but it’s an idea, at least.

This sounds like a crapshoot suggestion on my end, but maybe make that folder just one word, edit on the command line accordingly, and see if that will complete your command.

Does the computer have trouble interpreting the command because the name ‘juegos varios’ is creating a space in your command line? I doubt that would cause any significant problem, but it’s an idea, at least.

This sounds like a crapshoot suggestion on my end, but maybe make that folder just one word, edit on the command line accordingly, and see if that will complete your command.

Still no luck. Finally, I took note of every piece of code in the first post and other threads here on the matter, and learned to do the batch file process manually. I finally have my DLC packed. Although I never managed to find the error, at least it’s a little easier due to the copy-paste functionality in the W10 CMD.

Thanks for all your help though and for sticking with me, it’s greatly appreciated!

Of course. I had gotten used to manually editing the batch file because I had the old 2.0 packer for the longest time, so I’m glad that you can do that method at least. It’s still a method I’m used to, but that pack tool is convenient for the batch file-editing process (since it’s bundled with the sZGE.wad package).

huge edit: nvm got it working due to a stupid mistake

Hey im back and i still don’t understand what wad is supposed to come with the packer.

I don’t see anything here that is a wad. Maybe im just crazy. But im hella confused.

WADs are acquired elsewhere. At least, sZAE-sZFE and sZIE-sZME are. If you download Stack’s generation (sZGE) link on his initial post, the WAD inside also comes complete with the packing tools.

bbsrtrain
    Participant

So, I don’t know if I’m the only one having these problems but a lot of my Wii downloads from the old database are missing the mogg or bik files from the song folders. Is anyone else having these problems too.

Last I checked, discussing converting official content like Rock Band 1 and Lego is a bannable offense. This warning has been issued within this thread in the past, and we frankly don’t want this thread to close.

No longer relevant. Moving along.

bbsrtrain
      Participant

Hey guys, I shoved my problem above (Just needed to re-download) but I have a question. There are some songs within the database that are over the 40 mb limit and I was wondering if we could get them down to size without getting the files from the person who uploaded them.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

If it’s a custom that isn’t a C3 custom that already has a conversion, you could try asking the author for a Wii version that is mixed down to meet the file size limit. Otherwise, you could try downmixing it yourself. One way you can do this is use the PhaseShift converter to get a stereo downmix of the audio, then use that audio in RockBiink to make a Bink file that will certainly be under the 40MB limit.

bbsrtrain
          Participant

If it’s a custom that isn’t a C3 custom that already has a conversion, you could try asking the author for a Wii version that is mixed down to meet the file size limit. Otherwise, you could try downmixing it yourself. One way you can do this is use the PhaseShift converter to get a stereo downmix of the audio, then use that audio in RockBiink to make a Bink file that will certainly be under the 40MB limit.

Alright, now do I just put that into the meta folder?

EDIT: Alright so I got the rlst batch file made but I’m getting this message

Error running: bink Split TracksdrumsL.wav BestOTimes.bik /d950000 /m3.0 /O /L4 /p8 /R44100 /b16 /c1

# Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksdrumsR.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T1 /O /L4 /R44100
            # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksBass.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T2 /O /L4 /R44100
            # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksGuitarL.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T3 /O /L4 /R44100
            # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksGuitarR.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T4 /O /L4 /R44100
            # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksVox.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T5 /O /L4 /R44100
            # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksKeysR.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T6 /O /L4 /R44100
            Now also when I started I couldn’t click on Update DTA so I’m wondering if that was a problem at all.

I’ve just installed a bunch of Beatles customs on my wii from http://beatles.keepitfishy.com/and they are great! However I found some that stutter, specifically Drive My Car and I Want To Hold Your Hand. I am using the wii versions.

I figured I would let StackOverflow0x know about it here.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

Alright, now do I just put that into the meta folder?

EDIT: Alright so I got the rlst batch file made but I’m getting this message

Error running: bink Split TracksdrumsL.wav BestOTimes.bik /d950000 /m3.0 /O /L4 /p8 /R44100 /b16 /c1

# Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksdrumsR.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T1 /O /L4 /R44100
              # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksBass.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T2 /O /L4 /R44100
              # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksGuitarL.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T3 /O /L4 /R44100
              # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksGuitarR.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T4 /O /L4 /R44100
              # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksVox.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T5 /O /L4 /R44100
              # Input file error: binkmix Split TracksBestOTimes.bik Split TracksKeysR.wav Split TracksBestOTimes.bik /T6 /O /L4 /R44100
              Now also when I started I couldn’t click on Update DTA so I’m wondering if that was a problem at all.

Make sure you’re using the latest version of RockBiink. Also make sure you have RAD Video Tools installed. Newer versions will require you to select the binkc option. Also make sure you have QuickTime installed.

I’ve just installed a bunch of Beatles customs on my wii from http://beatles.keepitfishy.com/and they are great! However I found some that stutter, specifically Drive My Car and I Want To Hold Your Hand. I am using the wii versions.

I figured I would let StackOverflow0x know about it here.

That’s odd. I’ll let you know when I have an updated version uploaded.

bbsrtrain
              Participant

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0nzzgsz44ia82o1/Capture.PNGMake sure you’re using the latest version of RockBiink. Also make sure you have RAD Video Tools installed. Newer versions will require you to select the binkc option. Also make sure you have QuickTime installed.

Alright, I had the beta and everything worked when I didnt have anything in the Update DTA. When I did I had this error. http://www.mediafire.com/view/0nzzgsz44ia82o1/Capture.PNG

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

If you’re using the same paths as before, try not to have a folder with a space in it. I thought I’ve accounted for this, but to be on the safe side, no folders or files with spaces in their name.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 3,117 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button