[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,891 through 1,905 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Also, to the Wii RB community, I’m only 8 autoplay Pro Drum songs away from earning my last Goals for the entire game, and just need someone to cue Overdrives for me in Band play. Anybody want to play online with me (“Jeve”) to complete this final stretch?

FernandoMCH
    Participant

Can anyone help me?

I have a problem with this song:

I play customs on usb, the thing is, i merge this song along with others using c3 wii converter merge tool, all songs merge fine except for this, because the song path in the dta is wrote “dlc/sZAE/377/content/songs/VanessaC_1000Miles/VanessaC_1000Miles” and when merging the program changes all the 1000 number in the dta to this “dlc/sZAE/377/content/songs/VanessaC_1377Miles/VanessaC_1377Miles” (thats the meta pack number), well i tested the song and obviously it didnt work, so i renamed it back to “1000”, but when testing in my wii, it still not working, it shows a blank album art, no preview, and when choosing the song, it says: A Thousand Miles (v0.8b) cannot be restored to wii system memory…

BTW, i already delete song cache.

FernandoMCH
      Participant

Also, to the Wii RB community, I’m only 8 autoplay Pro Drum songs away from earning my last Goals for the entire game, and just need someone to cue Overdrives for me in Band play. Anybody want to play online with me (“Jeve”) to complete this final stretch?

i can help in a few hours, but tell me, do you need someone who plays on expert? i can only play expert on guitar, E,M,H on the rest of instruments…

Have the numbers of the folders’ names been modified as well for the RB3WPT to read? (e.g. 054_00000036_(your song)_meta and 055_00000037_(your song)_song)

That’s the only thing I can think of that hasn’t been addressed as of yet in your query.

Yup, that’s changed as well. I also tried with songs from the old database, as well as some Xbox-converted C3 releases. Tinkered a bit with the DTA path, still no clue as to what may cause the undocumented error and subsequent crash.

i can help in a few hours, but tell me, do you need someone who plays on expert? i can only play expert on guitar, E,M,H on the rest of instruments…

Difficulty is entirely up to you. The main purpose will be for you to cue the Overdrives since Stack’s Autoplay cheat doesn’t allow overdrive to be activated. So whatever means (difficulty, instrument choice, etc.) you need to collect Overdrive energy for deployment will work just fine.

Thanks in advance! Once connected I’ll choose the songs that need the boost and we’ll get crackin’!

Also, my net connection is spotty, so sorry if it will appear that we’re cut off in mid play during our progress.

FernandoMCH
        Participant

Difficulty is entirely up to you. The main purpose will be for you to cue the Overdrives since Stack’s Autoplay cheat doesn’t allow overdrive to be activated. So whatever means (difficulty, instrument choice, etc.) you need to collect Overdrive energy for deployment will work just fine.

Thanks in advance! Once connected I’ll choose the songs that need the boost and we’ll get crackin’!

Soory for this silly question, but do you have customs? especially C3 customs? because i want to try them online to see if i they work online.

Soory for this silly question, but do you have customs? especially C3 customs? because i want to try them online to see if i they work online.

I do have quite a few, and a good handful have song IDs ready to go for comparable play. Since I’m past the 1000 song limit, my scores don’t save correctly. Also, because of such, I have to turn the SD Card mode off in order to complete achievements that rely on the on-disc setlist.

TL;DR = After we jam the 8 RB3 songs left, I’ll switch customs back on to test yours out. As long as song IDs match (be they numerical or whatever default they came with), we should be able to play said songs together.

FernandoMCH
          Participant

k, im ready, lets play, i will be searching for a lobby and find you. I just have to get some overdrive and deploy it, right?

Yup.

We may have to hold off on trying out customs another time. Thanks for the assistance!

FernandoMCH
            Participant

k no prob, sorry if i played messy…

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Can anyone help me?

I have a problem with this song:

I play customs on usb, the thing is, i merge this song along with others using c3 wii converter merge tool, all songs merge fine except for this, because the song path in the dta is wrote “dlc/sZAE/377/content/songs/VanessaC_1000Miles/VanessaC_1000Miles” and when merging the program changes all the 1000 number in the dta to this “dlc/sZAE/377/content/songs/VanessaC_1377Miles/VanessaC_1377Miles” (thats the meta pack number), well i tested the song and obviously it didnt work, so i renamed it back to “1000”, but when testing in my wii, it still not working, it shows a blank album art, no preview, and when choosing the song, it says: A Thousand Miles (v0.8b) cannot be restored to wii system memory…

BTW, i already delete song cache.

So, funny thing actually. The DTA is scanned for instances of “000” which would imply the path hasn’t been changed. Since the song uses “1000” in its name, it messes it up. What you can do is edit the Xbox DTA with C3 CON Tools to take out the number, then try converting it again. Honestly, a simple internal name like “onethousandmiles” would have sufficed without all this bloat that can cause problems. But that’s just my opinion.

I do have quite a few, and a good handful have song IDs ready to go for comparable play. Since I’m past the 1000 song limit, my scores don’t save correctly. Also, because of such, I have to turn the SD Card mode off in order to complete achievements that rely on the on-disc setlist.

TL;DR = After we jam the 8 RB3 songs left, I’ll switch customs back on to test yours out. As long as song IDs match (be they numerical or whatever default they came with), we should be able to play said songs together.

If you haven’t tried it, try my Save Scores Viewer to erase unused or outdated scores so you can start saving scores properly again.

I’ll give it a shot. In the meantime, with Blaze’s help, all of my drum and pro drum goals got completed. All I have left is learning hammer-ons on the Pro Guitar Trainer (Autoplay strums them, so it never completes).

With the goals more or less not hanging over my head, I can just focus on the fun of the game rather than the scores.

Ok, so I ran the tool through a command prompt to see if there was any output error. This is the output I get whenever I run the packer (computer is in Spanish, so it’s a rough translation):

C:UsersImationerDesktopJuegos variosRB3Packer>rb3wiipacktool

Unhandled exception: System.ArgumentException: The access path isn't of a valid format.
                in System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)
                in System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
                in System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
                in System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
                in System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
                in RB3WiiPackTool.Module1.Main()

I even tried redownloading. I don’t know what else to do.

FernandoMCH
                Participant

So, funny thing actually. The DTA is scanned for instances of “000” which would imply the path hasn’t been changed. Since the song uses “1000” in its name, it messes it up. What you can do is edit the Xbox DTA with C3 CON Tools to take out the number, then try converting it again. Honestly, a simple internal name like “onethousandmiles” would have sufficed without all this bloat that can cause problems. But that’s just my opinion.

If you haven’t tried it, try my Save Scores Viewer to erase unused or outdated scores so you can start saving scores properly again.

I change the number to “onethousandmiles” as you said, but when converting to wii, all the files (midi, album, milo, etc) are named with the 1000 number, i just have to rename them? will doing make the custom works just fine?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,891 through 1,905 (of 3,117 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button