[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,876 through 1,890 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Maybe because i’m a complete retard, but I can”t figure out how to add customs.

Maybe because i’m a complete retard, but I can”t figure out how to add customs.

I suggest re-reading the 1st post of this thread, and/or giving us more information on where you’re stuck.

Has anyone had any issues with extra music or feedback type of sounds while in the set list menu? I am not sure when it started, but is it possible that customs can get mixed in with the set list menu music? Where is the set list sound track stored?

as always, thanks for any assistance.

Has anyone had any issues with extra music or feedback type of sounds while in the set list menu? I am not sure when it started, but is it possible that customs can get mixed in with the set list menu music? Where is the set list sound track stored?

as always, thanks for any assistance.

As someone who’S consistantly pushing the limits of this game on wii I’ve never seen that happen. Can you provide some video of that?

I downloaded the link for sZGE on the first page. I didn’t know that it came with all the materials you’d find in the regular packer folder. That’s really handy! So I just throw in my common-key and ng_id and go ahead and start packing. What’re the starting set of numbers for this one? Does it start with an even number (like sZFE did with 52/53) or an odd number (like 01/02)?

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

The new generations I created start at 003 and go to about 500.

Thanks, Stack.

Out of curiosity, what becomes of the 000-002?

alucardla
      Participant

If it’s not working, then install the WAD provided. It’s probably more likely to work that way.

Thanks. This works. It’s a bit different than a Wii save, of course. But I can work with this.

It’s hard to know actual saved scores while debugging, so I want to know if I got this right. Can you confirm that you have a score of 105,354 for the song “Bang Your Head”, 3 stars on Expert 66%, and 5 stars on Hard 99%, and 5 stars on Medium 99%? Presumably the top score was earned on Hard, but the Expert stars show on the song list?

Hi, gonna confirm that as soon as possible, thank you for your analysys.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Thanks, Stack.

Out of curiosity, what becomes of the 000-002?

001 is reserved for the banner file already provided. This misaligns the beginning a bit because there are issues with 000. 002 looks safe, but I recommend 003.

Now back to save stuff. I finally have a tool ready to test. It’s at a point where it “works for me”, so it could use a bit more testing. Use at your own risk. Saves are easy to restore anyways.

Get the RB3 Save Scores Viewer here.

Right now it’s Wii only. This is what it looks like.

Wow, why did I work on this?

So this displays as much information as I could identify that is stored for each song in your profile’s save. Editing isn’t supported. You can toggle profiles by clicking the bottom left. You can export individual score data for a song, and you can also delete. For Wii users, this is important because you can erase songs that are taking you over the limit of 1000 songs, which applies to scores. You can also erase data for song IDs that are no longer being used. This should prevent the game from erasing your oldest scores for you.

Unfortunately, there’s no simple way to identify which ID refers to which song. And customs without numeric IDs can either be a RAM offset, or something else I don’t understand. They are denoted with 0x in the front. For most DLC though, you can identify them with this list. If there’s a list for Customs, you can refer to that as well.

Known bugs:

Pro Guitar and/or Pro Bass progress is probably reporting incorrectly.

Some IDs are probably still converting improperly.

I have no idea how this would affect leaderboards, but my guess is you would keep your score that is recorded on the server even if you don’t have the score in your save anymore.

Alright, please test. I could possibly extend the viewer functionality to PS3 and Xbox as well.

About leaderboards, scores stays on leaderboards even if you delete your save, and afaik on wii (and only on wii) offline scores doesn’t upload once you connect, so even with tempering with your savefile, it shouldn’t affect leaderboards at all.

There might be a way to get at least official DLC song names corresponding with the official IDs, though it wouldn’t be taken from the savefile but rather from a list that you could add to your tool. I’ll look at what I can do about that (I have most DLCs exported to dolphin, would be easy to mass unpack/look through DTA files with a tool, just need to create that tool)

EDIT: after looking at some of the DTA strangely some of the DLCs do not have IDs listed, at least I’ll snatch those that are. I think only RB3 era songs has them listed. Maybe you know a way of getting the RB1-2 era IDs? Anyways, the tool is currently doing its job, will upload the list as soon as it’s done.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cbt9eudt711khgi/idlist.txt

Ignore the lines with no song/artist names, they are pro upgrades,

Format: [id] artist – song – generation_slot

It looks like I was wrong, alot of the RB1/2 era are there, the very early RB1 stuff though, isn’t as expected. It looks like the 3 first generations (sZAE, sZBE and sZCE) don’t have them in their DTAs. At least it’s something

Just checking in to report some praise. The sZGE packer folder, which uses version 2.1, has been SO much easier to use thanks to the RB3WiiPackTool.exe that’s inside. Makes editing the packdlc.bat SO much of a cakewalk.

I’m guessing for the files that loaded into the quickplay list, of the type that report not being able to be loaded into the system memory, that’s why it’s encouraged to use a USB hard drive for capable capacity’s sake.

Also, Alternity and I were able to exploit a good Wii bug that was never patched, unlike PS3 or Xbox 360. The bug involves how stars are calculated in Band Play. Normally, when I have Drums/Pro Drums playing using Autoplay, some songs don’t get 5 stars because the fill (be it just the green note or the RB1/RB2-style fill section) never gets completed, and the song becomes littered with fill lanes that don’t earn much needed points.

The trick to getting 5 stars for Drums and Pro Drums on certain songs is to have someone else to activate Overdrive on a Wii that’s not using Autoplay, irregardless of their difficulty level. Because the Overdrive multiplier in Band Play affects both people’s individual contributions to Band score, that’s enough to push you to higher stars. I discovered this phenomenon when Alternity and I were playing “Bicycle Race” by Queen with me on Autoplay Guitar on Expert, and him on Bass, I think. The last time I Autoplayed the song by myself, I got five stars. When I Autoplayed played with Alternity cuing all of his Overdrives, I got Gold stars for that song.

I only have a few achievements left on Drums/Pro Drums for the RB3 setlist, some handful of 20-30 songs, yet to finish. If anyone wants to jam to help me out, look for “Jeve” on Find Online Players.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

It’s time for software updates.

RockBiink is updated to 1.0.0.3. Now it will alert you when a really, really old custom DTA is used. You can also drag and drop a DTA to the update DTA line and have the proper procedure begin. Also, the version is in the title bar too.

RB3 Save Scores Viewer is also updated to Beta 2. It turns out I can come up with a way to match song IDs to names. Here is what it looks like now.

It now includes a file called “allsongs.dta” which should help it match all DLC excluding the ACDC Track Pack, Country Track Pack, Xbox-exclusive DLC and RBN1, and all RBN2. The downside to this is that the program starts up a bit slower.

You can also choose to load your song cache to match customs that don’t get names this way. However, it will only work if the save and cache were obtained at the same time. So don’t expect it to work if you have and old save and try to match it up with the newest cache.

You can enable these in the View tab.

Trainer progress bug is still in there.

alucardla
            Participant

Hi, gonna confirm that as soon as possible, thank you for your analysys.

Confirmed the song “bang your head ” has exactly these stats. I’m still losing scores. But i discovered when i rebuild the cache, the first song played maintain its score until you turn off the system but the others don’t keep, so for you to be able to domplete a goal, every time you build cache again you have to play one song for the goal you want to ocmplete being the fist one. Any song you play after the building of the cache excepot the first one, will not save score anymore. I’m trying to complete the “play 20 from rockband track pack ” goal for weeks. Every time I run the game with the cache deleted I make one song progress to the goal , it1s really anoying but the only way ! This was the thing I used to complete the goal where you play “750 DLC songs” one per time, like run the game , build the cache, play one songs, turno off the game, turn on the game build the cache, play another song for the goal again. Thank you Mr. Stacks for caring for our problems.

Hi, made an account just for this topic. Your extensive work over the years is very praise-worthy.

Now to the meat of the post: Whenever I try to create the packing script through the RB3WiiPackTool, it crashes for unknown reasons. Outputs no errors, reads the folders and crashes there. I’ve made the respective changes to sZFE/054 in the DTA, have the common key and my ng_id.txt in place, to no avail.

What could possibly be going wrong?

Have the numbers of the folders’ names been modified as well for the RB3WPT to read? (e.g. 054_00000036_(your song)_meta and 055_00000037_(your song)_song)

That’s the only thing I can think of that hasn’t been addressed as of yet in your query.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,876 through 1,890 (of 3,117 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button