[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,861 through 1,875 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Also, after looking at alucardla’s save, I can confirm the scores limit is exactly 1000. Perhaps it’s using the same limiter as the max songs you can cache. I guess maybe a cheat could bypass that too, but then you’re really running the risk of damaging your save. But it looks like there’s room for more. I’d need to see an Xbox or PS3 save to see how similar they actually are and if there actually is room for more.

Here is my PS3 savegame http://www.mediafire.com/download/gkzzmw5w92ybxtr/BLUS30463-AUTOSAVE.rar

Thanks for the info. I got the .bins to be created and placed them on the sd card in sZFE (which i had to create) I loaded RB3 and got the “the license for add on content has been deleted from the wii system memory” error and the custom is not in the songlist. I’ve read through some of the topic about this and they all talk about sZGE and installing a wad. I don’t know if that’s outdated or actually the solution but either way I’m confused. Again, sorry for the base level knowledge.

Thanks,

BILLY69317

You need to install the wad correspnding to the generation you’re using, in this case the wad for sZFE

And where would i find that wad

The wad should come with the packer, alternatively you can use WiiXplorer or any other method to install the .tik file (make sure it’s named sZFE in hexadecimal) directly in your NAND at ticket/00010005/

Should it be a .wad file? I don’t see anything with that extension in the packer.

Yes it should, and that’s weird. You can always do it the hard way (the wad file just installs the tik file to the right place; as i’Ve stated in the last post).

Guess if you wanna do it the wad file way gotta wait for Stack.

Ok, so I decided to try the direct Wiixplorer method and took title.tik from the packer folder and renamed it to 735a4645.tik I then put it on my sd card. Loaded wiixplorer, navigated to the sd and copied the tik. I went to nand:/ticket/000100005 and attempted to paste the tik and got an error saying “failed moving some item(s)” I think this is an error on wiixplorer’s end but its still an error.

That’s weird, maybe you’re missing a cIOS or something? Or maybe on real NAND you really do need to do it the WAD file way (I’m an emunand user). Either way, should wait for Stack at this point.

FernandoMCH
    Participant

Ok, so I decided to try the direct Wiixplorer method and took title.tik from the packer folder and renamed it to 735a4645.tik I then put it on my sd card. Loaded wiixplorer, navigated to the sd and copied the tik. I went to nand:/ticket/000100005 and attempted to paste the tik and got an error saying “failed moving some item(s)” I think this is an error on wiixplorer’s end but its still an error.

Did you enable nand writing? you need to do that in order to manage wii nand files

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

Yes, NAND writing is often missed, but it’s in the Settings of the app and you have to enable it each time. Of course, you can also install the WAD, which is probably still easier. Just use a WAD installer and follow the default settings.

Thanks. Is there some sort of common PS3 encryption that has to be done on files like this? The save is encrypted.

Thanks. Is there some sort of common PS3 encryption that has to be done on files like this? The save is encrypted.

Well, ALOT of stuff is encrypted on PS3, including custom songs ironicly. I wouldn’t know how to decrypt it, I didn’t know savefiles were also encrypted though. Maybe Nemo knows?

EDIT: Okey I gave it a shot at decrypting it with a software apparently made for that and according to it it is decrypted, hopefully it isn’t lying XD. http://www.mediafire.com/download/zn9vpdvpf80xb7r/BLUS30463-AUTOSAVE.rar

Thank you guys for all the information. I got the tik file into the nand successfully I launched rb3 and got “Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory” I reset the cache and tried again and still got the same error.

To answer where to find the wad for sZFE, I believe there’s a youtube video floating around that has a link to download the wads for sZAE-sZME, not including Stack’s sZGE and sZHE wads. Use whatever wad manager you need to install sZFE.wad, uninstall same, then install again. sZFE should cooperate after that.

Every now and again, I get the cannot be restored to memory error, and all I had to do was clear a channel or two (and some old data I didn’t need) on the real NAND.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Thank you guys for all the information. I got the tik file into the nand successfully I launched rb3 and got “Add-on content cannot be restored to the Wii System Memory” I reset the cache and tried again and still got the same error.

If it’s not working, then install the WAD provided. It’s probably more likely to work that way.

Well, ALOT of stuff is encrypted on PS3, including custom songs ironicly. I wouldn’t know how to decrypt it, I didn’t know savefiles were also encrypted though. Maybe Nemo knows?

EDIT: Okey I gave it a shot at decrypting it with a software apparently made for that and according to it it is decrypted, hopefully it isn’t lying XD. http://www.mediafire.com/download/zn9vpdvpf80xb7r/BLUS30463-AUTOSAVE.rar

Thanks. This works. It’s a bit different than a Wii save, of course. But I can work with this.

Hi stacks, thank you for your instructions,
          I searched here and there and I think I understood the problem. I think the problem is, although we have room for lots of customs with the 3000 limit cheat, the limit of scores that the game can save is 1000 or less, because when I look to the number of scores I have it is 920,935 and nothing more. Any song I play after that limit is reached saves no score, or saves score and deletes the previous song played. Even playing a setlist. This weeked I’ve been able to upload my savegame, please look into it when you have the time and if you can off course.
          Thank you very much .

It’s hard to know actual saved scores while debugging, so I want to know if I got this right. Can you confirm that you have a score of 105,354 for the song “Bang Your Head”, 3 stars on Expert 66%, and 5 stars on Hard 99%, and 5 stars on Medium 99%? Presumably the top score was earned on Hard, but the Expert stars show on the song list?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,861 through 1,875 (of 3,117 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button