[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Thank you very much.

I think the Beatles song’s problem comes from the .dta file with two vocal parts that the Wii cannot comprehend.

The DTA looks correct. What’s wrong, exactly?

How?

Instead of deleting the cache the way you normally do, back it up. If you’re using the FTP in WiiXplorer, literally drag and drop to your desktop.

imac007
      Participant

I’ve been using fstoolbox via wiixplorer, because I can’t get wiixplorer to overwrite my nand. I have a copy of the mstore file on my desktop now. Not sure how to use the FTP.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

I’ve been using fstoolbox via wiixplorer, because I can’t get wiixplorer to overwrite my nand. I have a copy of the mstore file on my desktop now. Not sure how to use the FTP.

It should have FTP instructions. You can use an FTP client to connect to your console. Make sure the NAND write option is enabled in the settings of WiiXplorer. You have to set it every time you start.

Also, I’m looking into the save scores stuff. Customs without numeric IDs are actually just pointers to RAM referring to the id that it was given. I can see why these get cleared on a cache rebuild. This list is probably dynamically rebuilt and the same offset may not reference the previous song. So at best, raw scores could be saved for personal storage. The list grows the moment you rate a song, whether it’s given a rating or not. So, another useful test to do is see if you lose scores if you start rating songs you haven’t scored on.

With the C3 CON setlist manager I found I have a few duplicate songs and for the extra song, I lost track of the bin # to song association. Is there any easy way to get the song to bin association or do I need to extract .bin and then .app until I find it?

Thanks!

So I’m nearing the sZFE 500 mark in the old 2.0 packer. When exactly does it stop converting? At 498/499 or 500/501?

And since I’ll have to work with the latest version soon, what more will I need for packing in sZGE and sZHE? Obviously the sZGE and sZHE wads, but is there anything from the old packer that I’d still be able to use?

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

With the C3 CON setlist manager I found I have a few duplicate songs and for the extra song, I lost track of the bin # to song association. Is there any easy way to get the song to bin association or do I need to extract .bin and then .app until I find it?

You can run a search for the duplicate song name in your cache, then it should show up with the bin path it used.

Thanks!

So I’m nearing the sZFE 500 mark in the old 2.0 packer. When exactly does it stop converting? At 498/499 or 500/501?

And since I’ll have to work with the latest version soon, what more will I need for packing in sZGE and sZHE? Obviously the sZGE and sZHE wads, but is there anything from the old packer that I’d still be able to use?

Latest packer isn’t too different from 2.0. Just software, I think. It will probably stop converting at around 498, maybe. Just install the new WADs and use the new folder.

Will I need to provide the common key, ng_id, and any .tik/.cert/.tmd files to cooperate with those generations? If I remember correctly, the old Packer 2.0 came with placeholder files for some of those, so I wanted to make sure.

And are you saying that if I try 498, it won’t compile? That would mean 496/7 is my last one, just to clarify, correct?

zimbabwean
            Participant

Will I need to provide the common key, ng_id, and any .tik/.cert/.tmd files to cooperate with those generations? If I remember correctly, the old Packer 2.0 came with placeholder files for some of those, so I wanted to make sure.

And are you saying that if I try 498, it won’t compile? That would mean 496/7 is my last one, just to clarify, correct?

I got to 498/499 before moving to SZGP.

alucardla
              Participant

The DTA looks correct. What’s wrong, exactly?

Instead of deleting the cache the way you normally do, back it up. If you’re using the FTP in WiiXplorer, literally drag and drop to your desktop.

The problem is, when you play this custom, you do not see correct animations. the camera is still, and the animations don’t play, sometimes freeze, This was tested playing bass, drums or even guitar, I know keys don’t play well in Wii, but the other (legacy)instruments never gives me any problem. Even playing another Beatles’ songs. Maybe if I reinstall this custom .

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

It comes with all the files you need. Just copy in your common key and ng_id from your previous folder.

Perfect. Thanks, Stack.

And thanks to you and zimbabwean for the cut-off clarification.

If this has been discussed before, sorry for the repitition.(I just don’t have the energy to go through 93 pages to find the info i need)

I am confused with the common-key part of the guide. I have looked online and tried to find where to get the common-key and just confused myself even more. When you say find it online, do you mean download something or something else entirely? Sorry if i come off as an ignorant person, but i’m quite confused.

Thanks again,

BILLY69317

IIRC you can just use showmiiwads and create a common-key with “45” (without the ” “). Correct me if I’m wrong Stack.

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Yes, there are some tools that “generate” it for you. It’s supposed to be a private key, but has long since been made public and is necessary for this.

Also, after looking at alucardla’s save, I can confirm the scores limit is exactly 1000. Perhaps it’s using the same limiter as the max songs you can cache. I guess maybe a cheat could bypass that too, but then you’re really running the risk of damaging your save. But it looks like there’s room for more. I’d need to see an Xbox or PS3 save to see how similar they actually are and if there actually is room for more.

bbsrtrain
                    Participant

You do have the latest version and you’re not missing any of the libraries (.dll files) that come with the tools, are you? There’s no reason it shouldn’t be able to process the mogg. Throw any of those CONs that don’t work at Visualizer, Song Analyzer and Audio Analyzer. Do they work as intended (i.e. can read the audio)?

Yes, I have 3.97 and all the dll files seem to be in there. When I throw them into the song analyzer they come up and says Could not extract the MOGG file

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button