[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,816 through 1,830 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    zimbabwean
    Participant

If you want that achievement with custom songs just edit the source in the DTA for RB3 DLC instead of RBN

Hi Alternity, thanks for taking the time to help. Do the stars disappear as well?

I cannot respond to that, I haven’t reached this point on my save, yet, and I personally let the customs on the RBN folder, easier to filter when playing online with people that don’t have custom songs. I just gave him a solution for the achievement problem.

alucardla
      Participant

Hi Alternity, thanks for taking the time to help. Do the stars disappear as well?

Yes both stars and the score . The score and stars of the song you play holds the score until you play another song, When you do that, the score and stars of the song you play last will overwrite the previous one. Sorry for my bad english.

Score is still on leaderboards though, worth noting.

1st: Make sure u are on the latest version of rockbiink (latest version has important fixes).

2nd: Audacity, For the 6 drum tracks, all of them are mono, make the 2 bass pedal tracks, 2 drums tracks and 2 cymbal tracks into stereo, you should now have 3 stereo tracks, merged then to obtain 1 stereo track, split it to mono, apply amplify effect to reduce db (if drums tracks sound too loud in comparison to the rest of the instruments tracks), export each tracks individually, set each track in rockbiink, update dta, create batch and run it, place the bik audio in the correct _song path (remember to rename the bik to the name of the custom it has). It should work without any issues.

Oh, also check the dta with notepad, if it shows 6 drums tracks change it to 2.

Thanks Blaze, I got a few working now.

I have noticed that some moggs will not open in audacity, the error is something about compression, is there a way around it?

example is Stairway to Heaven.

TrojanNemo
        Participant

Encryption, not compression. And they’re encrypted precisely so you can’t edit them.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

Thanks TrojanNemo,

So are they not playable on the wii then? Seems I am having trouble with several with the encryption.

StackOverflow0x
          Participant

Any custom should pass the Wii Converter. If it can’t, you’re out of luck there and you’d just have to use it as is.

Stairway to Heaven I packed with another song, so I will try to pack it by itself to play. But, Metallica, Master of Puppets “can’t restore” and with Metallica, One, I get the delay/pausing.

Am I out of luck with those?

Linos Melendi
            Participant

Is there a fake pro guitar cheat for player 3/4? I want to have Pro Guitar, Pro Bass, and Pro Keys up all at once.

Edit: Nvm, I wasn’t expecting to find the answer under the general subforum

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Stairway to Heaven I packed with another song, so I will try to pack it by itself to play. But, Metallica, Master of Puppets “can’t restore” and with Metallica, One, I get the delay/pausing.

These are the Wii versions in the database?

TrojanNemo
                Participant

You have to understand something. C3 was founded and is primarily for Xbox 360 users. I was able to make it relatively painless to convert to Wii, PS3 and Phase Shift, and so those platforms are “supported.” But neither the admins, nor most of the authors, or myself, can really be of specific help with Wii, PS3 or Phase Shift problems. When you encounter them, you have to figure them out yourself or rely on the helpful people on here.

With that in mind, Stairway to Heaven is a single track custom and it should work fine as is from the database, as StackOverflow converted all C3 customs himself. The Wii can play encrypted moggs just fine, so the fact that they are encrypted is not your problem, it’s something else. The real problem you will encounter is with multi-track customs that are too big for the Wii. There, you are pretty much out of luck as the only person who can do what you would need is StackOverflow…and you can’t demand that he does anything as he’s just helping out of the kindness of his heart.

FernandoMCH
                  Participant

That’s strange indeed, because C3 customs (wii ones) works fine, except the song everybody’s changing, when i missed a note on keys/ pro keys, the vocals stopped sounding, had to fix it myself placing the vocal tracks in the correct instrument (vocals).

About the encryption, i heard that u can convert from CON to Phase shift and u get the decrypted audio, but i’m not sure, and i’m not sure if that works with mutitracks customs.

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

When converting to Phase Shift, you end up with a single track decrypted OGG file. That can be used for Phase Shift, and you can use it in Magma to re-create the song, I suppose. But you can’t throw that OGG file at the Wii version.

FernandoMCH
                      Participant

When converting to Phase Shift, you end up with a single track decrypted OGG file. That can be used for Phase Shift, and you can use it in Magma to re-create the song, I suppose. But you can’t throw that OGG file at the Wii version.

But u can edit it in audacity and convert it to mogg again, but it’s useless if the song is multitrack anyways….

Viewing 15 posts - 1,816 through 1,830 (of 3,117 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button