[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,756 through 1,770 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Would be interesting to know if there’s a fix for that through gecko cheats or something, for at least dolphin. I play on 4 instruments and it’ll be bound to happen one day or another for me as well.

Hi

Let me start by saying thanks to Stack, with this guide I have played a hundred or so songs I would never have been able to.

I have been following this as well as Stack’s Harmony project threads, and I am trying to get some of the RB2 songs into the custom sZFE folder.

My question is, I have extracted the Rock Band 2 songs folder and used the “DiscToDLC” tool with the Harmony project. I have the “_meta” and “_song” folders built

• songs & songs_upgrades folders in the “_meta”
    • and a .bik in the songs folder.

I have attempted to rename the folders as well as both the songs.dta and the upgrades.dta with method used in this process, but I am getting the “SD card disabled” when I attempt to load in game.

Is it possible to put these in the sZFE or do I need to follow the Harmony process?

Will the standard path in this process work with both .dta?

Will the .bik work or is there more work needed?

Unless I try to learn the authoring process, I don’t believe there is any other current method to get these songs.

Again, thanks this has rekindled my enthusiasm for the game!

RB2 songs should be able to be packed anywhere as they are not upgradesl they are full songs.

I’ve tempered around xbox/ps3 rbns and RB1 files from wii and there is no generation restrictions.

If you’re taking your files out from the wii versions there should be no need to temper with audio. If using xbox or PPS3 version of the songs you will need to merge the drum tracks together as one track.

The way I was doing was to recompile using magma, convert to wii and keep the song_id from the original DTA for leaderboards and online play purposes.

Ok so I deleted the .bin files that I added and i cleared deleted my .vff, when I load the game I am still getting the error that there is “add on content” and the SD card is disabled.

edit: I believe the SD card issue is resolved, I did not delete the .vff properly, it is currently loading the content.

edit2: I found the .dtb and converted it to a .dta, can I simply copy paste the songs section out into a new file? I am still not sure how to get the correct files/info into Magma.

Alternity,

I am sorry I am not following. When I extract the RB2 song I have one folder, inside I have the following:

• gen folder
      • .milo_wii
      • .png_wii
      • .bmp_wii
      • .bin
    • .bik
    • .mid
    • .pan

I need a good .dta before I can pack, so I used the DiscToDLC project process to get the .dta. and the files into the standard custom _meta and _song folders.

Is there a simple way without going with the Harmony add on?

Thanks!

I’m sorry I can’t help you with that method, I used PS3 files and compiled them using magma as if they were customs, then changed the song_id in the final DTA to the original ID from the original DTA. I also merged all the drum tracks to one track (because PS3 has more than 1 drum track, which I believe the wii version doesn’t).

If you were able to separate the bik to individual tracks you could use the same method as I did, but I wouldn’t know how to do that, since PS3 uses MOGG files.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Alright, what’s going on here?

I’m having a problem with “Come & Get It” by Selena Gomez.

Converted con to wii, loaded into RB3.

Song loads, but does not show up in listing.

Why????????

This can just be a fluke because it has happened before. Try erasing the cache (or just the song in the cache if you don’t want to wait a lot). Or you can try a different folder. Also verify the path info is correct. Common mistakes are incorrect hexadecimal/decimal values.

Hi,

Update on my problem…

I obtained 920 scores. Then no more scores are saved. I think I got the limit. Every time I play a song another one deletes its score.I don’t really care that much for this, i know some customs tend to loose scores. But the official ones worries me a little because I can’t get the achievement you win “having 750 songs and played them all”. The thing is, some of the scores that don’t disappear are from customs, and custom songs’ scores don’t count to the achievement!

I’m trapped! :tinfoil:

According to the game, it’s checking for DLC and “UGC”. That might mean RBN1. Since there were never any title updates, I assume this means it’s checking if the game origin is set to “rb2” and “ugc” is set to 1 in the DTA. Perhaps title updates updated this achievement to include RBN2 songs? Also, apparently the number was lowered to 750 from 1000 for the Wii version specifically.

Hi

Let me start by saying thanks to Stack, with this guide I have played a hundred or so songs I would never have been able to.

I have been following this as well as Stack’s Harmony project threads, and I am trying to get some of the RB2 songs into the custom sZFE folder.

My question is, I have extracted the Rock Band 2 songs folder and used the “DiscToDLC” tool with the Harmony project. I have the “_meta” and “_song” folders built

• songs & songs_upgrades folders in the “_meta”
      • and a .bik in the songs folder.

I have attempted to rename the folders as well as both the songs.dta and the upgrades.dta with method used in this process, but I am getting the “SD card disabled” when I attempt to load in game.

Is it possible to put these in the sZFE or do I need to follow the Harmony process?

Will the standard path in this process work with both .dta?

Will the .bik work or is there more work needed?

Unless I try to learn the authoring process, I don’t believe there is any other current method to get these songs.

Again, thanks this has rekindled my enthusiasm for the game!

RB2 exports properly. By having a save file on your system for the game, you are eligible to download them from the DLC store. Do that instead.

Also, new Green Screen code for people who record autoplay videos and stuff. See if it doesn’t break anything.

$Green Screen Mode
      049e594c 5000ff00
      042283b0 2c030001

Does it work well enough?

RB2 exports properly. By having a save file on your system for the game, you are eligible to download them from the DLC store. Do that instead.

I thought he was talking about those 8 songs we didn’t got on wii, that free pack that PS3 and X360 got.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

I thought he was talking about those 8 songs we didn’t got on wii, that free pack that PS3 and X360 got.

Hmm, maybe I missed that. In that case, yes. You’d have to do that. Since there would be no RBHP DTA for those songs, the on-disc DTAs have to be used. But do add on the updated vocal_parts section. The rest should be like a standard custom. No Magma needed.

I thought there were only 4, I will look for the others.

Hmm, maybe I missed that. In that case, yes. You’d have to do that. Since there would be no RBHP DTA for those songs, the on-disc DTAs have to be used. But do add on the updated vocal_parts section. The rest should be like a standard custom. No Magma needed.

Sorry if I am thick but I hate the whole cache reset when I mess something up, so I want to make sure I understand.

I should be able to copy the song info from the orginal .dta into a new .dta for the custom setup, then change the path in the new .dta to the sZFE path.

I create the folders/sub folders that correspond to the the standard customs and copy the relevant files from the extracted into the created custom folders?

Looks like I will be missing a preview .mogg in the _meta which is in the standard custom folder (no big deal, I think there is a way to create one if I want it, but I don’t believe it is necessary).

But in standard custom setup, there is a ,mogg in a sub directory of the _songs folder, will the .bik work there?

Also, I am not clear on what you mean by add the updated vocal_parts section?

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

I thought there were only 4, I will look for the others.

Sorry if I am thick but I hate the whole cache reset when I mess something up, so I want to make sure I understand.

I should be able to copy the song info from the orginal .dta into a new .dta for the custom setup, then change the path in the new .dta to the sZFE path.

I create the folders/sub folders that correspond to the the standard customs and copy the relevant files from the extracted into the created custom folders?

Looks like I will be missing a preview .mogg in the _meta which is in the standard custom folder (no big deal, I think there is a way to create one if I want it, but I don’t believe it is necessary).

But in standard custom setup, there is a ,mogg in a sub directory of the _songs folder, will the .bik work there?

Also, I am not clear on what you mean by add the updated vocal_parts section?

Yes. And the bik audio will be fine there. You don’t have to do the vocal_parts update if you don’t want to.

Thank you Stack, I got one working. You have made my day!

snoopy329
          Participant

Stack, still no help for me?

Hey snoopy,

I am brand new here and I know you probably have much more experience than me, but if you post more specifics, maybe I can help. Can you tell us which songs you downloaded and how you packed them (i.e. did you put multiple songs into a single bin, numbering, size of file, etc)?

I am not able to check the site often, but would like to attempt to give back a little if I can.

I couldn’t agree more with Lostdata. Saying “Hey my song doesn’t work!” doesn’t help much, we need way more data…

snoopy329
            Participant

Hey snoopy,

I am brand new here and I know you probably have much more experience than me, but if you post more specifics, maybe I can help. Can you tell us which songs you downloaded and how you packed them (i.e. did you put multiple songs into a single bin, numbering, size of file, etc)?

I am not able to check the site often, but would like to attempt to give back a little if I can.

Yeah, I think stackOverFlow has given up on helping me. I’ll post that info over the weekend. Thanks for trying to help!

So, I have tried to make 1 bin file with the songs: Comfortably numb (doesnt work), Crush of Love, Dyer Maker, The Forgotten PT 2 (doesn’t work), Hey you and Learning to fly (doesn’t work). I downloaded the con files then converted them with C3. Packed them with packdlc.bat and the size of the bin file is 36mb (I always keep them under 40mb).

What other info would be helpful?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,756 through 1,770 (of 3,117 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button