[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,726 through 1,740 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    imac007
    Participant

Ok, now I’m stuck.

I’m trying to reset the cache on my vwii.

BlazeFerdinand has tried to help me but I think there is a step missing.

In wiixplorer I try to copy and paste an empty mstore file to the root of my nand (with nand write access on of course).

All I get is the failed to copy some items error. When I copy the mstore file to my usb it copies no problem. It seems to be a

problem with the nand access.

Help……

FernandoMCH
      Participant

Ok, now I’m stuck.

I’m trying to reset the cache on my vwii.

BlazeFerdinand has tried to help me but I think there is a step missing.

In wiixplorer I try to copy and paste an empty mstore file to the root of my nand (with nand write access on of course).

All I get is the failed to copy some items error. When I copy the mstore file to my usb it copies no problem. It seems to be a

problem with the nand access.

Help……

I see…

Are you on the latest version of wiixplorer? did you copy/paste the folder structure as i told you before? (no the mstore.vff file, the entire title folder),make sure you are using a d2x cios when opening the app.

If its not fixed, u can use fstoolbox and replace mstore (proceed with caution!)

You could also use FTPii to replace the cache. (If that works on WiiU)

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

WiiXplorer can FTP as well. Would that work in this case as well?

imac007
          Participant

I see…

Are you on the latest version of wiixplorer? did you copy/paste the folder structure as i told you before? (no the mstore.vff file, the entire title folder),make sure you are using a d2x cios when opening the app.

If its not fixed, u can use fstoolbox and replace mstore (proceed with caution!)

Thanks for the reply.

I have the r259 wiixplorer. I’m copying the entire folder structure.

Not sure about the d2x cios though, although that does sound familiar.

I have the d2x cIOS Installer MOD v8 Special vWii Edition as an app on my sd card, is that the one.

Just checked syscheck and vIOS249[56] has d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii installed.

I just noticed that there is a version 3.1 on the Google code site. Not sure if it for the vWii though (it doesn’t say).

Don’t want to use fstoolbox, because of the potential for disaster.

FernandoMCH
            Participant

Thanks for the reply.

I have the r259 wiixplorer. I’m copying the entire folder structure.

Not sure about the d2x cios though, although that does sound familiar.

I have the d2x cIOS Installer MOD v8 Special vWii Edition as an app on my sd card, is that the one.

Just checked syscheck and vIOS249[56] has d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii installed.

I just noticed that there is a version 3.1 on the Google code site. Not sure if it for the vWii though (it doesn’t say).

Try with that version.

Fstoolbox is not dangerous thou, since you are not involving system menu, nor deleting system menu files, i used fstoolbox before wiixplorer because didnt know wiixplorer had nand file writing, but as i said proceed with caution since u can mess up system files if you dont know how to use the app.

TBH, anything that can rewrite your NAND has the same risks.

imac007
              Participant

TBH, anything that can rewrite your NAND has the same risks.

I know, but it was my understanding at the time that fstoolbox was more dangerous for the vwii that the reg wii.

That was when the vwii was new, and nobody really knew what they could do with it.

snoopy329
                Participant

Hey Stack, I have a new problem. As you know I used to download Wii songs directly from the old database and they worked fined with the exception of a few problems that you have always gotten me thru. But now with the new database I have to download them as con files and them convert them to Wii files. My problem is: I have made 3 bin files and some of the songs work and others don’t. In the 2nd bin file less songs work and in the 3rd BIN file none work. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Some of the songs on the 3rd BIN do work.

imac007
                  Participant

I have a question for Stack as well.

Generation sZGE has room for 500 slots you say. Well I got to 494. Tried to use 495 to 500, and all I get are the app’s no bins.

I know you say to keep trying and sooner or later it’ll work. I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem.

I have room in other generations, but i’d like to fill this one up first.

I will keep trying and let you know if it actually works.

Thanks in advance for your help once again.

bbsrtrain
                    Participant

Alright, I went through and did the smart packing and all of my _song and _meta folders are under the limits but when I’m ready to pack the songs to the bins, it pops out the app files then stops. I have the ng_id and common key so i’m not sure whats going on.

EDIT* This is what I have coming up at the end of my packing batch

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant

Alright, I went through and did the smart packing and all of my _song and _meta folders are under the limits but when I’m ready to pack the songs to the bins, it pops out the app files then stops. I have the ng_id and common key so i’m not sure whats going on.

EDIT* This is what I have coming up at the end of my packing batch

Your common key file is wrong. Should have no file extension.

bbsrtrain
                        Participant

Your common key file is wrong. Should have no file extension.

So what do i need to do to it? It’s just saved a common-key

StackOverflow0x
                          Participant

Remove the file extension so the program can find it.

bbsrtrain
                            Participant

So is it supposed to be just a txt document because right now it’s a bin file

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Viewing 15 posts - 1,726 through 1,740 (of 3,117 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button