[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,696 through 1,710 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

I’ve read all 85 pages of this thread, and I cannot get ocarina codes to work. Real Wii, realnand, USB loader gx.

I’ve tried all hooktypes. The cheats i’m trying to use are 3000 songs and fast startup.

The only thing that I can get to happen, is it skips the MTV logo, but still runs the rest of the logos, then it complains that I have more than 1000 songs.

In this thread, I’ve seen a couple of different people suggest different hooktypes – I’ve tried them all. Perhaps there is something simple that I’m missing, can anyone provide some advice? Thanks in advance.

FernandoMCH
    Participant

ok i know this will sound silly, but which loader are u using, maybe usb loader gx? thats the most compatible loader u can use, or also cfg usb loader. also, try to load said loaders without anything, i mean, image covers, set options, background music, etc. I remember some ocarinas i wanted to use for cod mw3 didnt work, i moved everything the loader had, and for some reason the ocarinas worked. As for the hooktype, vbi should be enough to work. remember to place the gct in the correct path with the correct game ID.

FernandoMCH
      Participant

also for Real Wii playing, i totally recommend CFG usb loader v69

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

I’ve read all 85 pages of this thread, and I cannot get ocarina codes to work. Real Wii, realnand, USB loader gx.

I’ve tried all hooktypes. The cheats i’m trying to use are 3000 songs and fast startup.

The only thing that I can get to happen, is it skips the MTV logo, but still runs the rest of the logos, then it complains that I have more than 1000 songs.

In this thread, I’ve seen a couple of different people suggest different hooktypes – I’ve tried them all. Perhaps there is something simple that I’m missing, can anyone provide some advice? Thanks in advance.

You sure you’re not on the PAL version? A hook type that worked for me was GxDraw. How are you formatting the codes?

snoopy329
          Participant

It’s that second number after 108 in the wadpacker line. You’re telling it to do 200 more wads after it.

That number has always been there since I first downloaded the packing folder. All my other bins have turned out fine. I removed the second number (203) and now it won’t make any bins. ???

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

It was saying to try to pack 200. Removing it means it’s not packing anything. The number you want is 2.

ok i know this will sound silly, but which loader are u using, maybe usb loader gx? thats the most compatible loader u can use, or also cfg usb loader. also, try to load said loaders without anything, i mean, image covers, set options, background music, etc. I remember some ocarinas i wanted to use for cod mw3 didnt work, i moved everything the loader had, and for some reason the ocarinas worked. As for the hooktype, vbi should be enough to work. remember to place the gct in the correct path with the correct game ID.

I just modded my Wii about six months ago, and I’ve been using CFG USB Loader – but I couldn’t get the codes to work on it, so I’ve now added USB Loader GX. Same results. With vbi hooktype, it skips the mtv logo (or rather, it flashes briefly, before moving to the next one), but it won’t let me load more than 1000 songs. None of the other hooktypes seem to do anything. Someone else here mentioned using hooktype Gxdraw – that doesn’t seem to work either. I’m excellent at following directions, and there’s tons of help in this thread – but I’m at a loss here.

You sure you’re not on the PAL version? A hook type that worked for me was GxDraw. How are you formatting the codes?

I’m NTSC, and I’m using the NTSC wads – double checked this just now. GxDraw produces no results. I’m sure i’m just overlooking something small, so maybe your eyes can see something that mine aren’t.

I’ve got two copies of the ocarina codes for RB3 – one is in txt format; the other is in gct format. These reside in Codes in the root on my USB stick, and also a copy is in Usb Loader/Codes. Both are called sZBE69.

The txt copy looks like this:

SZBE69
              Rock Band 3
              $Max Songs Limit is 3000
              04B41560 000003E8
              04B41560 00000BB8
              E0000000 00000000
              $Fast Startup
              20B39ED0 80805847
              04B39ED4 00000000
              E0000000 00000000
              20B39EE0 80805868
              04B39EE0 80805847
              04B39EE4 00000000
              E0000000 00000000
              20B39EF0 808058D9
              04B39EF0 80805847
              04B39EF4 00000000
              E0000000 00000000
              20B39F00 92FECD00
              04B39F04 00000000
              E0000000 00000000
              My GCT files looks like gibberish if I open it in Notepad, which is to be expected – correct?

So please, if anyone can tell me what I’m doing wrong….

In both CFG and GX, I get the option to checkbox both of the cheats, so I think they are formatted right and in the right folders … but the 3000 songs code does not actually work. I get the screen that says “sorry, you can’t have more than 1000 songs…. etc etc “.
              StackOverflow0x
              Participant

The GCT should look like “gibberish”. It’s actually all your codes in a raw format. But don’t worry about that. Could you try removing the $ symbols in front of the names? Those are only for Dolphin’s Gecko cheats.

FernandoMCH
                Participant

ok, on USB loader gx, check general options to see if you set the correct path where your ocarina is.

Cfg loads on a folder called codes by default, if you inserted a sd card in your wii, put the codes on it as well.

How do you make the .gct file to use with the game? U can generate a new gct file in usb loader gx through a txt of the codes.

Found a different 3000 songs code later in this thread that I missed. This one does what it’s supposed to do. Still can’t get the Fast Start one to work properly, but it’s mainly the 3000 songs one that I needed. Thank you to both of you for trying to help me. I also removed the $ signs from the list, and let USB loader gx regenerate my .gct file. Now, when rebuilding my song cache, it loads all 1292 songs, but then freezes with a black screen when choosing quickplay. Bad .dta somewhere? Well, at least this 3000 songs code works, theoretically. Thanks again for the help.

FernandoMCH
                  Participant

wait, its when you choose quickplay, or a specific song?

i got a freeze when i choose a song to play, for an unknown reason, it happens when i play forcing 16:9 display, to avoid that freeze, i must force 4:3 display on the loader settings.

Personally on real wii I never had to force 4:3 to get the cheats to work…

bbsrtrain
                    Participant

Hey guys, So I have a small problem. My computer kind of died and I lost all of the customs and info that i had about my wii. I have all of the Wii files and everything that was on my SD card but I dont have any of the BootMii folders or anything that I got when I first modded. My main problem right now is I dont have the ng_id. What do I need to get the id for my Wii?

Taken from OP: “To get ng_id.txt, take any official DLC you have downloaded and drag it into the Wii Converter window of C3 CON Tools. You’ll be asked to save a text file. This should be an 8-character hexadecimal value in plain text. For common-key, just find it wherever online. This one must be a 16-byte file in hexadecimal and must not be all zeroes.”

My guess is that it should also work with customs, as they also have your CID in there.

snoopy329
                      Participant

It was saying to try to pack 200. Removing it means it’s not packing anything. The number you want is 2.

Ok. Well apparently that did the trick. I’ll check them out in the game see if they work. I’m sure they should. Thank you once again!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,696 through 1,710 (of 3,117 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button