[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,666 through 1,680 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

Nope, Dolphin always loads the DLCs, feels like going back on PS3.. no cache saved,

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

Could you post a RAM dump of your game when you get to the main menu? To get a RAM dump, I think you have to open the emulator in Debug mode. To do that, open the emulator with command prompt and with -d at the end. Then go to the Memory tab and dump the RAM.

Well, I tried to boot the game in debug mode, but for some reason I get a black screen, game is not loading. :|

I also tried with another Wii game and a GC game, and they won’t load. Something I notice is when I boot a game, in the only tab that’s there (Code) in the “Callstack” square in the left it’s written “(error: LR=0) invalid callstack”.. Aside of that the rest is chinese for me.

StackOverflow0x
      Participant

You have to hit the play button. Then make sure you’re on the Memory tab.

That’s how I start the games….. This is what happens when I press play. I also launched it in Admin mode, just to be sure.

https://gyazo.com/5d15dee2403b820de1b05f33ac9fac94

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

I think their debugger is still broken. Try 4.0-9222 and see if that runs.

Same result but with a twist: If I don’t use the debug mode on that version and load it normally, it ignores DLCs.

FernandoMCH
          Participant

That would be better ….

Question for you Blaze…..going back to our conversation about resetting the vwii cache. Should the songs reload themselves when I start up the game again? I’ve tried copying and pasting the cache file like you said, but I’m not sure if it works (cause I’m not sure what updates have been to the songs that have been updated).

It works, i tested when i used to play customs on sd card. remember to replace the vwii cache with an empty one, do not try to delete any vwii nand file! but, i guess u cannot using wiixplorer since app only shows nand folders as unknown files on vwii

Update on the concentration mode cheat: I’ve been playing drums for a few songs right now and randomly, the cheat worked on the last song I played, as I see it it only works when it wants? I’m going to play more and see if the colorfull videos ever appears (so far in my session only saw the scene).

EDIT: Confirming that I see no colorfull video, I believe when that occurs the cheat works, but when the scene is there, it doesn’t. Unfortunately, when playing solo, the scene is there 90% of the time.

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

You sure you don’t have the opposite cheat enabled? I would need to see that memory dump to confirm what should and shouldn’t be there.

I would really like to give you that memory dump, but I have no idea in which revision where debug mode actually works. Which revision did debug mode worked for you?

And yes I am sure, only 3 cheats are enabled; Song limit, fast boot and concentration mode… I verified that too much times to not be sure. XD

imac007
              Participant

It works, i tested when i used to play customs on sd card. remember to replace the vwii cache with an empty one, do not try to delete any vwii nand file! but, i guess u cannot using wiixplorer since app only shows nand folders as unknown files on vwii

What did you use to clear it?

StackOverflow0x
                Participant

I would really like to give you that memory dump, but I have no idea in which revision where debug mode actually works. Which revision did debug mode worked for you?

And yes I am sure, only 3 cheats are enabled; Song limit, fast boot and concentration mode… I verified that too much times to not be sure. XD

4.0-9222

That should let you get far enough to grab a memory dump.

Well, with this revision I get the same result as my earlier screenshot. I’m gonna try older versions and see if I can get one working. :|

Edit: OK this is frustrating, idk if I’m doing something wrong (i’m literally just pressing “Play”) but I’ve tried a couple different revisions, down to 5557, and I get the same result; black screen, no memory tab opening. :|

Posted a post about on the Dolphin forums, hopefully I can get answers to why it doesn’t work…

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Send me a PM if you have time for a remote session. I could go in and help you directly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,666 through 1,680 (of 3,117 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button