[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    FernandoMCH
    Participant

i see..no prob, i will try to merge two songs, and use some empty original slots, i have a lot of sZAE i can use, thanks!

pumpkinpie
      Participant

hey all – looking at setting this up on a wii and Dolphin emulator in case my ps3 ever breaks down so i have a couple quick questions, I apologize if answered already as this thread if very long.

In the OP it says that you cant use a mic or midi keyboard when running Dolphin – is this still the case ?

Can you use the midi pro adapter for drums when running Dolphin ?

TIA

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

It should still be the case. The emulator can’t do anything with those devices. Wired drums do work though.

pumpkinpie
          Participant

Thanks StackOverflow0x – I assume the RB2/3 wireless drums with cymbals will work on Dolphin ?

StackOverflow0x
            Participant

Try it. Don’t know for sure since I don’t have those.

pumpkinpie
              Participant

thanks – am picking up a set of instruments tonight and will check it out.

I have both a modded Wii and a stock WiiU – are you able to play customs on a stock WiiU ?

I see the WiiU mentioned in the OP but wasnt sure if it had to be modded or not

FernandoMCH
                Participant

thanks – am picking up a set of instruments tonight and will check it out.

I have both a modded Wii and a stock WiiU – are you able to play customs on a stock WiiU ?

I see the WiiU mentioned in the OP but wasnt sure if it had to be modded or not

indeed, it has to be modded, almost same way as wii

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

I have heard Wii U is possible, but I’ve personally never done it. The same requirements have to be met, where you install all the baseline WADs and such.

pumpkinpie
                    Participant

indeed, it has to be modded, almost same way that wii

thanks Blaze – will look for a tutorial on how to mod the WiiU unless you know of one ?

snoopy329
                      Participant

So busy I haven’t posted here in a while or played RB3 in a while neither. I noticed that the database for custom songs was last updated October 2 2015? Did it get moved or did I miss an announcement or something?

StackOverflow0x
                        Participant

So busy I haven’t posted here in a while or played RB3 in a while neither. I noticed that the database for custom songs was last updated October 2 2015? Did it get moved or did I miss an announcement or something?

No, that’s just referring to when the database system was last updated. That’s around when the database was launched as well. All new customs should still be added there.

thanks Blaze – will look for a tutorial on how to mod the WiiU unless you know of one ?

Remember, it’s only for the virtual Wii inside the Wii U. Looks like you’d need to follow a tutorial like this to get Homebrew installed. The rest should be sort of similar to the guide here. Install the content generation WADs. Only install vWii versions of cIOS or apps.

Hi guys. A little update on dolphin playability if it hasn’t been done already!

I’ve been able to make the MPA (MIDI Pro Adapter) work using this. This method leads me to believe that all wii RB instruments should also work through USB dongle, including the keyboard and the mustang!

Beware though, if you use the MPA you won’t be able to switch instruments in-game, as every time you hit the switch it’s a new driver and you need to re-install it. (It basically acts like an emulated NAND; USB devices needs to be pluged before starting emulations, cannot plug/unplug, and that’s what hitting the switch does)

Edit: Was also able to connect to the RBC through dolphin, this makes playing on emulator very interesting. To be able to connect to RBC you need a NAND dump from your console (keeping the SYSCONF file from shared2/sys in dolphin’s original NAND) , and follow those instructions.

You might be able to connect without a NAND dump, if you’re lucky enough to get an unused serial, but you won’t be able to keep your gamer tag on RB3 wii, it’s tied to your wii’s serial, getting a NAND dump also get that.

pumpkinpie
                          Participant

Thanks Alternity – I actually just picked up a Pro adaper today for the Wii and PS3 to use for my newly acquired Alesis DM6 drum kit !

snoopy329
                            Participant

No, that’s just referring to when the database system was last updated. That’s around when the database was launched as well. All new customs should still be added there.

Ugh… Finally got around to replying. I am not sure what I am missing because for me it shows up that the last released custom song was released on 10-02-2015. ???

Ugh… Finally got around to replying. I am not sure what I am missing because for me it shows up that the last released custom song was released on 10-02-2015. ???

You’re probably looking at the Legacy Database, which you are correct, the releases stopped in support of RB4 (I think, someone correct me if I’m wrong).

You want to go to the Customs Database, just go to the top of the page, and right below the site logo, are some tabs.

Click on “Customs”, and that will take you to the current database.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,621 through 1,635 (of 3,117 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button