[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author

I’ve added a bunch of songs, and just now had a chance to try them out. Unfortunately something’s wrong. When I load the game and enable the SD, it says that there is content that needs transferred from the SD, which I expected. When it goes to do the transfer though, I get an “unknown error” message which then disables the SD.

I tried removing the newer songs from the SD card, but I’m still getting the same error. Maybe I didn’t go back far enough, but I am pretty sure I got them all. I also tried resetting the cache, but that made no difference.

BTW, I am not using emulated NAND. I load the game using USB-Loader.

I’ve had this same problem many times, and I finally found a solution that always works for me.

Go into your Wii settings, then data management, and look at the Wii save data. Find any data that can be copied to the SD card (even homebrew channel save data works), and copy it. Then you should be able to play RB3 without the error. Let me know if this works.

I’ve had this same problem many times, and I finally found a solution that always works for me.

Go into your Wii settings, then data management, and look at the Wii save data. Find any data that can be copied to the SD card (even homebrew channel save data works), and copy it. Then you should be able to play RB3 without the error. Let me know if this works.

Looks like that worked! Thanks a million! Stack should add that to the FAQ.

Spoke too soon… Once it finished reimporting my songs (since I had reset the cache), it freezes Rock Band right when it starts to build the song list to select from. I restarted and tried again three times, and it locks in the same spot each time.

StackOverflow0x
    Participant

It will fail building a song cache if the DTA has certain errors. Take out songs until you can identify the problem files.

Despite having no problems with gens sZFE and sZGE. I cannot get sZHE to work. Anything more than one song throws that error looking for 00010001.app … Stack, could you please re-check that sZHE package to see if it contains the proper tickets, etc?

If anyone has had success creating more than one bin, and then success loading those songs into the game, please tell me what are the steps you took. This is really frustrating because sZFE and GE are no problem if you follow the instructions. Thanks in advance.

imac007
      Participant

Despite having no problems with gens sZFE and sZGE. I cannot get sZHE to work. Anything more than one song throws that error looking for 00010001.app … Stack, could you please re-check that sZHE package to see if it contains the proper tickets, etc?

If anyone has had success creating more than one bin, and then success loading those songs into the game, please tell me what are the steps you took. This is really frustrating because sZFE and GE are no problem if you follow the instructions. Thanks in advance.

I’m having the same problem now that I’ve tried a 2nd song. Although I’m not using the RB3WiiCustomsManager (not sure how to).

I’m using the same steps I used in other generations.

RB3PackTool works fine and says it has no errors.

Then I run packdlc, it creates app’s but no bins.

Tried a few times, because I remember Stack saying so, but same result.

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Yeah, the problem is obvious. I never extended this gen’s TMD. I thought I did at some point though.

So try again and it should work. http://keepitfishy.com/d.php?570727db2c99c5.73083358

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! Works like a charm.

imac007
          Participant

Thanks …..

Denkim, I assure you, customs in RB3 do not require a video camera. Just follow the instructions in the first post.

pipiris24
            Participant

I have been trying for hours to put customs in dolphin. I read and re-read again, this tutorial is not clear and I have wasted hours and I am too upset, so please help me to put my customs in the emulator. I’m not familiar with the wii or the dolphin so I don’t know nothing so PLEASE be more specific.

What part are you struggling with? I found the tutorial to be crystal clear, as long as you have all of the required files and properly edit your dtas. I’d be glad to help you, but you are going to have to be more specific about what part(s) you need help with.

alucardla
              Participant

Hi Stacks. I have one question. When i have a first released version, of a song.(in my case is Crying in the rain ) . I downloaded 30 march. When it cames out a version 2 or 3, can I just change the song.dta and the song files in the archive for the newer ones, or i have to refresh all my files again so the upgraded files will be applied?. Thanks

alucardla
                Participant

I have been trying for hours to put customs in dolphin. I read and re-read again, this tutorial is not clear and I have wasted hours and I am too upset, so please help me to put my customs in the emulator. I’m not familiar with the wii or the dolphin so I don’t know nothing so PLEASE be more specific.

The first time you triy are really hard, but when you start to go right the thing starts to move. First I fiercely recommend that when you run Wii Dolphin for the first time (any branch or revision), you must create a text file inside the dolphin folder named “portable” so you can easily see the folder structures in the same folder you run the emulator . Just create the file, it must be empty. Then after the first run you will see that you have in the emulator folder a “User/Wii/” folder. that one is very important.Then inside this folder you must have 2 folders one is “title” and the other “ticket”. If you enter RB3 and save your game you will have the title folder created for you. Other thing I recommend to you is that you figure how to make the sample song in dolphin dlc packer(nightmare lyre song) work. when you achieve this, you are one step to use customs in dolphin. Sorry my bad english, like always i apologize myself. For your convenience, extract this and overwrite any files asked .

https://mega.nz/#!XRtTWbIA!YfPMCTVAzVQ7s4gge5gPTdVOHgSkdnOGPJHO7_XApBU

PS: Just remembering anything related to “customs in dolphin” I post is not created by me . It’s Mr. Stacks creation and all credits go to him. I’m just trying to help users the same way a lot of people, Mr. Stacks included help me along the way!

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Hi Stacks. I have one question. When i have a first released version, of a song.(in my case is Crying in the rain ) . I downloaded 30 march. When it cames out a version 2 or 3, can I just change the song.dta and the song files in the archive for the newer ones, or i have to refresh all my files again so the upgraded files will be applied?. Thanks

Depends how much has changed. If anything in the DTA is different, like like a new playable part, you’ll have to reset the cache for that. If it’s only a minor upgrade, like just changes to the midi for existing parts, or to the audio, you don’t need to reset. Those files are always loaded whenever you pick the song.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 3,117 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Back to top button