[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    alucardla
    Participant

Do other cheats work? This is hard to test and I believe this should have worked based on the tests I could do.

Are you really all out of room in sZGE and sZHE? The reason other content generations don’t exist beyond that is that I didn’t have success in getting DLC read from any of those. I know it is possible, but I just couldn’t do it.That’s not to say I tried every letter from M to Z, but if sZIE didn’t work, I don’t know what would be different.

Man, it’s worst, I’m with no room with szge, szhe, szie already full. the case is multitracks customs occupy a lot of space(Ex. G.: 10 custom FM Dream theather =600mb), and day after day new customs interest me and i’m applying then. The case is, even with other software similar to dolphin dlc packer who supports big files like 990mb, I can’t manage to get 1gb or more in a .app file so my app files are less size. Unfortunately in every one of these folders, i just can do like 4 .app files. like one example : 00000001/meta 00000002/song, until 00000007/meta and 00000008/song. Following this to for example 00000009/00000010 dont work. Is not that I am using a lot of space, the case is I have limited space and using all of it. !’m trying to figure out sZNE. I think it continues the rb3 official dlc. then the folder would be 735a4e45(NTSC) because the last gen of content for rockband3 is sZME and its folder is 735a4d45. but unfortunately, this seems to fail. The strange is why I still can use sZIE that’s a gen totally inexistent and are not able to use other letters? Its a bit strange anyways. Using SHOWMIIWADS, I can see that in this program, the generations sZGE, sZHE and sZIE are seeing as “clones” from sZAE generation( it appears like I have 4 “sZAEs”). If I clonning sZAE generation with this process, why can I continue this? Well my new attempt is to turn sZFE gen app file 00000001/00000002 in a custom and merging folders to this one, but I think the result would be a disaster. No pain, no gain. It would be a lot easier if dolphin packer or the other software supported more than 900 mb, all that hassle would be avoided, but thinking again I see I’m on an emulator, I can use my bought dlc plus custom, this is a lot of achievements seeing the limitations of emulation. :smug:

TrojanNemo
      Participant

the case is multitracks customs occupy a lot of space(Ex. G.: 10 custom FM Dream theather =600mb),

Silly players, multitrack Dream Theater customs are not for Wii!

:haw:

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Man, it’s worst, I’m with no room with szge, szhe, szie already full. the case is multitracks customs occupy a lot of space(Ex. G.: 10 custom FM Dream theather =600mb), and day after day new customs interest me and i’m applying then. The case is, even with other software similar to dolphin dlc packer who supports big files like 990mb, I can’t manage to get 1gb or more in a .app file so my app files are less size.

Wow, stopped right there. If you’re on emulator, how are you running our of room? Even if you’re using sZGE, that’s 1GB x 250 possible song slots. There’s no way you’re using that much. And any new generations that can be “read” by Dolphin don’t exactly mean they can be used on the actual console. The emulator bypasses certain checks the Wii has to make, which is why newer generations haven’t been successful.

alucardla
          Participant

Wow, stopped right there. If you’re on emulator, how are you running our of room? Even if you’re using sZGE, that’s 1GB x 250 possible song slots. There’s no way you’re using that much. And any new generations that can be “read” by Dolphin don’t exactly mean they can be used on the actual console. The emulator bypasses certain checks the Wii has to make, which is why newer generations haven’t been successful.

Sorry, Mr. Stack. I didn’t write it specific, sorry my english is not too good. Now I’ll try my best to be understandable.

In dolphin , we are able to use a few slots . Let me try to example this:

My sZGE folder :

slot 00000001>unlimited space for meta…

slot 00000002>limited space for the song files of meta listed above (a 900MB in a similar program like dolphin dlc packer)

slot 00000003>unlimited “meta”

slot 00000004>limited “songs” circa 900MB

slot 00000005>unlimited “meta”

slot 00000006>limited “songs” circa 900MB

slot 00000007>unlimited “meta”

slot 00000008>limited “songs” circa 900MB

My space for metadata is unlimited like you said but my space for songs is not :

Each gen folder 4x900MB =3,6GB For example one album of dream theather with 10 f. multitracks >600MB.

Let’s say I try to use slots 00000009(meta) and 00000010(song) for example, Only the meta slot(in this example 00000009) will be read perfectly but will not work because dolphin can’t read slot 00000010( the apropriate “song” data for 00000009).The problem is Dolphin can’t read slots passed 00000009, in other words it can’t read seven zeroes and two digits’ slots, only eight zeroes and one digit slots.

Then any custom generation (sZGE and above) must have only 8 slots , 4 for metadata and 4 for song data. Unfortunately we can’t use 09 to 250 slots.

Sorry to bother you with my slow english. I just want to clarify my words,And thank you, Without your help I would never achieve nothing on this.

I’ve only recently gotten back into Rock Band 3, on the Wii, and this is a brilliant thread.

I’ve gotten sZFE and sZGE working wonderfully on real nand, but have run out of room in those gens. I’ve read all 79 pages of this thread, and keep seeing references to sZHE – but I don’t see a link to download a wad for sZHE in any post, unless I missed it somehow. Could you please pass me that link?

And thanks for this thread and keeping it going. The instructions are clear and easy to use.

alucardla
            Participant

I’ve only recently gotten back into Rock Band 3, on the Wii, and this is a brilliant thread.

I’ve gotten sZFE and sZGE working wonderfully on real nand, but have run out of room in those gens. I’ve read all 79 pages of this thread, and keep seeing references to sZHE – but I don’t see a link to download a wad for sZHE in any post, unless I missed it somehow. Could you please pass me that link?

And thanks for this thread and keeping it going. The instructions are clear and easy to use.

Unfortunately, for now generation sZHE and sZIE are just working on the wii dolphin emulator, a windows/ubuntu WII emulator! I’m not sure if someone made it possible to use sZHE in the console, you should ask Mr. Stackflow he’s the brains in wii custom songs!

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Sorry, Mr. Stack. I didn’t write it specific, sorry my english is not too good. Now I’ll try my best to be understandable.

In dolphin , we are able to use a few slots . Let me try to example this:

My sZGE folder :

slot 00000001>unlimited space for meta…

slot 00000002>limited space for the song files of meta listed above (a 900MB in a similar program like dolphin dlc packer)

slot 00000003>unlimited “meta”

slot 00000004>limited “songs” circa 900MB

slot 00000005>unlimited “meta”

slot 00000006>limited “songs” circa 900MB

slot 00000007>unlimited “meta”

slot 00000008>limited “songs” circa 900MB

My space for metadata is unlimited like you said but my space for songs is not :

Each gen folder 4x900MB =3,6GB For example one album of dream theather with 10 f. multitracks >600MB.

Let’s say I try to use slots 00000009(meta) and 00000010(song) for example, Only the meta slot(in this example 00000009) will be read perfectly but will not work because dolphin can’t read slot 00000010( the apropriate “song” data for 00000009).The problem is Dolphin can’t read slots passed 00000009, in other words it can’t read seven zeroes and two digits’ slots, only eight zeroes and one digit slots.

Then any custom generation (sZGE and above) must have only 8 slots , 4 for metadata and 4 for song data. Unfortunately we can’t use 09 to 250 slots.

Sorry to bother you with my slow english. I just want to clarify my words,And thank you, Without your help I would never achieve nothing on this.

You’re talking about app files in this. Those increment in hexadecimal. So after 00000009, you’d proceed to 0000000a, and so on. And also, I find it hard to believe there are greater than 600 MB of Dream Theater customs out there. All official C3 releases of them are carefully optimized for file size, so it should reduce the total required size.

It’s not in my C3 folder, so it must have gotten lost somewhere.

Here’s sZHE, including the WAD you have to install for it. Works just like sZGE otherwise.

Unfortunately, for now generation sZHE and sZIE are just working on the wii dolphin emulator, a windows/ubuntu WII emulator! I’m not sure if someone made it possible to use sZHE in the console, you should ask Mr. Stackflow he’s the brains in wii custom songs!

I’ve been using Dolphin for years, but not for Rock Band. My 360 finally died, and my daughter talked me into picking up a Wii, since they’re only $50 at Gamestop. We homebrew’d it and are just now discovering the wonderful world of RB3 customs. I’m thankful for this thread, I’ve had no trouble at all setting it all up.

Here’s sZHE, including the WAD you have to install for it. Works just like sZGE otherwise.

Thanks, Stack. When I come home from work tonight, I’ll let you know if it works on a real Wii.

Protip for beginners: “Bulk Rename Utility” helps greatly – you can have it do the hex numbering for your folders in a batch, and then you just have to go in and edit the .dta files.

imac007
                Participant

I was just wondering about this myself……there are just toooooo many great customs out there.

Plus I have to leave room for all the Beatles music still to come……

Thanks Stack…..

My experience with sZHE on real nand:

It appears that the sZHE package has the wrong tickets included. When running the bat file, it errors out after creating the app files, stating that the ticket is unknown. At this point, it fails, creating no bins, and says it can’t find 00010001.app. There is a 10000000.app included with the sZHE package, but no 00010001.

I switched out the tik files from the sZGE package, and it works. All bins created, no errors.

The sZHE wad seemed to work, throwing the expected error. However,

RB3 finds the new files, attempts to add them, but they do not show up in-game, and they’ve been deleted from the SD card. So it seems to be correct that a real wii cannot see the sZHE gen. Alucardia advised me of this, but then Stack gave us the link, so I figured I’d try it and report back.

imac007
                  Participant

My experience with sZHE on real nand:

It appears that the sZHE package has the wrong tickets included. When running the bat file, it errors out after creating the app files, stating that the ticket is unknown. At this point, it fails, creating no bins, and says it can’t find 00010001.app. There is a 10000000.app included with the sZHE package, but no 00010001.

I switched out the tik files from the sZGE package, and it works. All bins created, no errors.

The sZHE wad seemed to work, throwing the expected error. However,

RB3 finds the new files, attempts to add them, but they do not show up in-game, and they’ve been deleted from the SD card. So it seems to be correct that a real wii cannot see the sZHE gen. Alucardia advised me of this, but then Stack gave us the link, so I figured I’d try it and report back.

Just tried the sZHE gen today. Downloaded one custom and converted to wii format.

Before running the pack tool I copied the commonkey and ng_id files from previous gen.

Worked like a charm……thanks again stack……

I’m using real nand while running RB3 from wiiflow.

I’ve added a bunch of songs, and just now had a chance to try them out. Unfortunately something’s wrong. When I load the game and enable the SD, it says that there is content that needs transferred from the SD, which I expected. When it goes to do the transfer though, I get an “unknown error” message which then disables the SD.

I tried removing the newer songs from the SD card, but I’m still getting the same error. Maybe I didn’t go back far enough, but I am pretty sure I got them all. I also tried resetting the cache, but that made no difference.

BTW, I am not using emulated NAND. I load the game using USB-Loader.

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

I’m not sure what causes the error that disables SD card mode. Could you use WiiXplorer to check the DLC directories on your NAND? It might actually be trying to transfer content.

Now try adding more than one and tell me what happens. It worked for me too when I tried only adding one song, but it throws the error about the non-existent 00010001 file if i try to add more than one song. I’ve had complete success with gens sZFE and GE, so I’m quite perplexed at what I’m doing wrong here. I will keep working on it – it must be something simple that I’m overlooking.

Just tried the sZHE gen today. Downloaded one custom and converted to wii format.

Before running the pack tool I copied the commonkey and ng_id files from previous gen.

Worked like a charm……thanks again stack……

I’m using real nand while running RB3 from wiiflow.

I’m not sure what causes the error that disables SD card mode. Could you use WiiXplorer to check the DLC directories on your NAND? It might actually be trying to transfer content.

I can try. What exactly am I looking for? Pardon my ignorance. I hacked my Wii ages ago, and haven’t had to dive into it in a really long time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 3,117 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button