[How-To] Playing Customs on Wii

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 3,117 total)
  • Author
    bbsrtrain
    Participant

All the files that normally come in the folders are there. Should I try it unpacked by itself in the game. I really don’t know what else to do

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TheWizard
      Participant

For some reason, my wii stopped loading off my usb entirely a couple weeks ago and I haven’t been able to figure out what happened. The last thing I had done was add some newly-made app files and gotten rid of that mstore.vff file like always, so I tried deleting the app files but that did nothing.

The usb ports just don’t seem to be working when I have my usb and sd in them, and the only reason I know this is because my instrument sensor things aren’t lighting up like they usually would when I turn on the wii. Since then, I replaced all the files on my sd card with themselves and that didn’t help either. Loading from disk still works perfectly well though, so I’m lost.

Do anyone have any ideas?

StackOverflow0x
        Participant

USB and SD support has to do with the patched IOSes on the system. Are you able to run a syscheck?

TheWizard
          Participant

USB and SD support has to do with the patched IOSes on the system. Are you able to run a syscheck?

I’m not entirely sure how to do that, is it explained in the tutorial? Sorry, it’s been quite a while since I set up for customs.

Ruggy
            Participant

Stack, I’ve tested the Dolphin’s high quality trivia, and even emulating music with high-quality/too many tracks encoding stills stuttering in-game. I’ve tested using 2 revisions: r4245 (which is what I use) and a newest revision, r9135. I compile three different versions of a song of mine:

Song length: 3:57

The first version: stereo kick, stereo snare, stereo kit, stereo bass, stereo guitar, stereo keys, stereo backing and a stereo crowd (just a very reverbed version of the keys track).

Encoded at maximum quality (10)

MOGG file size: 83.3MB

Started to stutter on the first 10 seconds of the song and it continues stuttering in a average time of 5-12 seconds between one stop to another.

The second one: stereo kick, stereo snare, stereo kit, stereo bass, stereo guitar, stereo keys and a stereo backing.

Encoded at the default quality (5)

MOGG file size: 34.5MB

Started to stutter on the first after 1 minute of the song and it continues stuttering in a average time of 20-35 seconds between one stop to another.

The little one: stereo drum kit, stereo bass, stereo keys and a stereo backing (guitar authoring and crowd track removed, the guitar track was a insignificant part of the song)

Encoded at the recommended quality for Wii compiling (3)

MOGG File size: 15,5MB

The song played without any issue.

It seems that Dolphin doesn’t have the same SIZE LIMIT of the Wii, but of course it has a processing limit.

I’ve always used RB DLC Manager to move files back and forth onto my sd card. I found once I started putting customs on my card, it broke the app. If anyone else uses that app and had the same problem, there is an easy fix. Temporarily rename the sZFE folder, then load the app and move your files around, when you’re done, close the app and name the folder back. :-)

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

That program is really old and not suited for customs. Have you tried the program I’m working on, posted earlier in this thread? What do you think it needs to meet your needs?

I did download The Customs Manager Tool that you created, but I couldn’t quite figure out what to do with it. I’ve been playing RB3 on the Wii for five years now, but only started doing the customs a week ago. I’m not really sure what most of the stuff is, but it’s very impressive that you all can do this!

Ruggy
                Participant

I think it is a packer, but more practical. I couldn’t test it because It doesn’t accept the blank Console ID of the Dolphin D:

StackOverflow0x
                  Participant

Yeah, it’s not for Dolphin right now. But good catch. It should work for Dolphin and the checks should be corrected foe that.

Metallica – King Nothing and No Leaf Clover stutter. I’m going through all of the Metallica songs I’ve got right now.

StackOverflow0x
                    Participant

Wow, are you sure those are the Wii versions? They’re reduced enough as it is.

I only see xbox 360 versions of those songs in the database. I converted them in the standard way. Are there Wii files someplace else that I missed?

Ok, I figured it out. If you download the Wii version from the “Legacy Database” it works fine. I was pulling the X360 version from the new database. Didn’t see the other one til this morning. Thanks for the help! :-)

TomGuy
                      Participant

Thrice – Deadbolt (2x for sure, but I assume 1x as well

All Time Low – Dear Maria, Count Me in and Damned If I Do Ya

Snow Patrol – You’re All I have and Hands Open

Interesting thing I just noticed while making this list, they were all taken from GH.

I played all of the other GH songs I had and they worked fine. I did not check all of the Metallica songs, but I am sure somebody else would have found those by now.

I was unable to get the script to run manually. I tried everything, including running it from different drives. It gave me an error saying something along the lines of not being able to create the files.

I know I’m late to the party, but I authored the two All Time Low songs. What is the problem that they can’t be converted to Wii, and is there a way for me to compile the songs so it can be played on the Wii?

And also, have you played any of my other converts? Are they good or are you getting the same results?

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 3,117 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button