Has anyone else here listen to the new Beatles ‘Live At The Hollywood Bowl’ album?

Tagged: , ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

It’s a excellent album. Anyone else hear it?

Mandrag
    Participant

Oh yes! Both got the old LP and the new CD remaster. Honestly, I really don’t know what to make of it. It is enjoyable at times. On the other hand, sometimes I really wonder if the boys even could hear what they were playing. As live artists, I feel that they were on a steady decline in quality ever since they became really famous and the screaming started. It would be very understandable if motivation was lacking (especially with the 1965 tracks). Imagine playing to an ocean of screaming kids that most likely couldn’t hear what you were playing, when you could be in the studio producing greatness such as Rubber soul…

Not saying it isn’t interesting to hear what The Beatles sounded like live, it really is a part of history. It’s just that even if you take away the bad sound recording and the screaming audience, The Beatles themselves kinda sound bored doing what they were doing…

They were definitely miles better in the studio.

I loved the remastered concerts! can’t wait for the movie

imac007
      Participant

I have the original Hollywood Bowl album that was released in 1977. It’s a interesting album. Nice to hear what they sounded like live.

As you know, they couldn’t hear themselves during any of their concerts (no feedback speakers). They could only hear the person close to them. Although I haven’t listed to it in quite sometime. I’m hoping to be able to see the movie that’s coming out this week.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button