funkydunkleman’s Customs (3/15) – AC/DC – Crabsody in Blue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    SirBrak
    Participant

I want to start out by thanking you for the work you’re doing funky. I always look for your name first when I check for updated customs threads. I was really happy to see Bill Haley posted, I never thought I’d see that one on Rock Band.

I hate that my first forum post is one asking for help but I love Men at Work and I’m having problems with “Who Can it Be Now”. It’s not loading into the game. I put it in the 000-001 folder and I’ve got the game set up to always check for new content. I transfer my files to the X-Box with a small external hard drive. The file is copying fine but isn’t showing up on the setlist. I added this song and two other songs today and the other two songs show up and play fine. I don’t think the file name is the problem because I have a bunch of your customs installed already.

If you didn’t have any ideas why it’s not working for me I was hoping maybe somebody else had the same problem and figured it out or recognizes the problem I’m having. Thanks again for the awesome work. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you have for us next.

oscarj08
      Participant

yeah there was already a who made who conversion but it was with one off my first versions of the chart, so yours is better, keep doing that awesome work.

PD: im going to release a “AC/DC Unreleased” work i did. stay tuned

Sid Kafizz
        Participant

TYVM for Who Made Who! When you get to DT and Chase The Ace you won’t have to worry about vocals!

funkydunkleman
          Participant

I hate that my first forum post is one asking for help but I love Men at Work and I’m having problems with “Who Can it Be Now”. It’s not loading into the game.

My process for creating CONs has been the same for quite awhile now. All I can say it what anyone else would say. Delete song cache. Maybe even change the filename? I did nothing different with that track, so I can’t diagnose your issue. I hope you solve it.

C16

As a person very involved in the customs scene, from the player perspective, I want to give the biggest props to funky. Even though his AC/DC songs are (seemingly only) talkies, he seems very thorough on his work on everything else. His customs rarely, if ever, turn up any errors in mini cleaner. Even if this is his only follow up in CONTools, he’s doing a great job of making sure his work is as good as possible and I have to commend that. Even C3 authors don’t always run through Midi cleaner and though I can’t state why they don’t, from as player perspective, funky is definitely doing his homework. I’m super into all of his subsequent Oasis songs, so keep it up dude.

High five, buddy.

funkydunkleman
              Participant

Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

I know my work is not C3 quality, but I’m not striving for that. My goals with customs are simple.

• > Full band.
                  > All difficulties.
                  > A solid vocal chart. Accurate lyrics and syntax. Include generated dryvox.
                  > A very good guitar chart, and well charted solos.
                  > A great drum chart. Nothing left out, nothing overcharted. Well placed fills. Animations included.
                  > A solid bass chart. Nothing too fancy.
                  > If keys charted, make them unique. Go pro if they are simple.
                  > Practical practice sections.
                  > Well placed overdrive.
                  > Accurate meta data. Spelling, album art, year, rating, genre, tiers.

If I meet all those I consider my track done. I can’t make vocals from scratch, and I don’t consider it worth my time to do venue cues.

My process has become so routine now, that when my song goes “gold”, I test it, usually tweak a few minor things and it’s ready to go. When I release a track here, it may not 100%, but it’s pretty close.

I know we have a lot of charters here that will release a track partially done, author another instrument, re-release it, add overdrive, release it again, and so on. I don’t like that. When you author a track and intend on fully charting it, what you release should be the end result. Now that’s just my take on it. But when I release a track, that’s it. I may update some minor things in the future, but the first version is fully playable either by yourself, or with a group of friends without having any problems that detract from the fun of the game or make it incomplete. The last thing I want is for someone to download a song of mine and to be so dissatisfied that they don’t come back.

And the second parter of songs that ask questions, we ask who indeed did make who in this AC/DC classic.

Some may remember this track from Stephen King’s 1986 cult classic sci-fi semi-truck killer thriller Maximum Overdrive, which the band provided the soundtrack for. This also features oft-forgotten drummer Simon Wright, who offers a change up in style for this one. This is the first time I’ve authored the ride cymbal for this band. It’s crazy.

Enjoy!

YEEEESS!!!, thank you so much!, i’ve been searching for that song for a VERY long time :excited:

i knew that where was an old rb3con, but i never found a working link

again, thank you so much for all your hard work :dance:

SirBrak
                Participant

I downloaded it again, renamed it and it works now. I’m not sure why my X-Box likes to give me so much crap. If I have any similar problems like this I’ll try renaming the files first. Thanks for the help.

funkydunkleman
                  Participant

The seal has been broken.

This is the first track that was featured in the AC/DC: LIVE Track Pack. It also albumifies the T.N.T. album in the game.

This track is definitely one better performed by Bon. Brian does a solid job, but he doesn’t compare.

I did go and borrow some stuff from the Live track. I used the venue cues, and it seems to translate pretty well. I also pitched the backing vocals for this one.

I really had to test this one out, especially to get the ending right. I’m pretty confident in this build right now, but I may end up altering things in the future. This is an extremely well known hit, and I want it to be well done. I’m not sure when I’ll have a go at another LIVE track, but I thought this was a good one to debut with.

This track is definitely one better performed by Bon. Brian does a solid job, but he doesn’t compare.

Agreed. IMO, the only AC/DC songs in which Brian Johnson does a better job than Bon Scott are the ones Bon never sung.

oscarj08
                    Participant

Are you going to relase Backtracks rarities songs as album or as a singles?

funkydunkleman
                      Participant

I plan on everything being attributed to it’s Australian album of origin. So no ’74 Jailbreak, since those tracks were on the early Aussie albums. As for the Backtracks songs, they are a bit more complicated, but like HMX did with the Beatles, the B-sides not on an album will be released as a non-album single. I know there are a lot of live B-sides out there from various eras, but I don’t see myself working on those for a very long time, if ever. If I were to do a live track, I’d start from If You Want Blood. If a track was from a special or deluxe edition, it would be tied to the album. If someone really wanted them sorted another way, a quick trip to the .dta editor would fix that.

Thanks man. I really appreciate that.

I know my work is not C3 quality, but I’m not striving for that. My goals with customs are simple.

• > Full band.
                          > All difficulties.
                          > A solid vocal chart. Accurate lyrics and syntax. Include generated dryvox.
                          > A very good guitar chart, and well charted solos.
                          > A great drum chart. Nothing left out, nothing overcharted. Well placed fills. Animations included.
                          > A solid bass chart. Nothing too fancy.
                          > If keys charted, make them unique. Go pro if they are simple.
                          > Practical practice sections.
                          > Well placed overdrive.
                          > Accurate meta data. Spelling, album art, year, rating, genre, tiers.

If I meet all those I consider my track done. I can’t make vocals from scratch, and I don’t consider it worth my time to do venue cues.

I know we have a lot of charters here that will release a track partially done, author another instrument, re-release it, add overdrive, release it again, and so on. I don’t like that. When you author a track and intend on fully charting it, what you release should be the end result. Now that’s just my take on it. But when I release a track, that’s it. I may update some minor things in the future, but the first version is fully playable either by yourself, or with a group of friends without having any problems that detract from the fun of the game or make it incomplete. The last thing I want is for someone to download a song of mine and to be so dissatisfied that they don’t come back.

Thank you for this x1000.

funkydunkleman
                        Participant

I started a spreadsheet for my AC/DC customs. Not sure what’s going to become of it, but they seem to be all the rage now.

funkydunkleman
                          Participant

And another one’s done.

The fifth track from Highway to Hell. Includes pitched backing vocals.

“Live” performance of the song.

Enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 859 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Back to top button