File Indexer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jerry1gman
    Participant

Hello, Where does the File Indexer get the song info from? Because I removed the quotations marks ( q ) inside Weird Al dta and File Indexer doesn’t respect it, even after clearing files. I found the same thing throwing it into visualizer and MagmaC3. However using DemonUnicorns new Custom Library Viewer, this does respect the changes made in the dta file.

Hello, Where does the File Indexer get the song info from? Because I removed the quotations marks ( q ) inside Weird Al dta and File Indexer doesn’t respect it, even after clearing files. I found the same thing throwing it into visualizer and MagmaC3. However using DemonUnicorns new Custom Library Viewer, this does respect the changes made in the dta file.

My best guess is it prefers to take info that’s specifically there for the Visualizer, in all newer CON files, at the bottom of the file, commented out, so the game won’t choke on it when caching. Edit that too and File Indexer will probably do what you want it to.

Jerry1gman
      Participant

I thought that too, but there is only a song title down there.

Here is an example con http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/amish-paradise-r432

TrojanNemo
        Participant

foreach (var newEntry in Parser.Songs.Select(song => new SongIndex
          {
          Name = song.Artist + " - " + song.Name,
          Location = file,
          SongID = song.SongIdString
          }))

In theory it should just be using the song name field, not even the one in the comments from Magma as that is a different field altogether:

else if (line.Contains(";Song=") || line.Contains(";SongTitle="))
          {
          song.OverrideName = Tools.GetConfigString(line);
          }

Post the dta you’re trying to work with that’s not reflecting the changes as you mentioned.

Jerry1gman
          Participant

Thanks for taking a look at it, the dta is from this

http://customscreators.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/amish-paradise-r432

It’s odd, deleting the ‘artist’ field in dta deletes the artist name it in those programs. However, shortening the ‘artist’ field to Weird Al displays it as Weird” Al in those programs.

TrojanNemo
            Participant

So now I remember…

///

/// Returns clean Artist Name
              ///

/// Raw text line from songs.dta file
              ///
              public string GetArtistName(string raw_line)
              {

if (artist.ToLowerInvariant().Contains(“weird”) && artist.ToLowerInvariant().Contains(“al”) && artist.ToLowerInvariant().Contains(“yank”))
              {
              artist = “”Weird Al” Yankovic”;
              }

The program is manually forcing the correct spelling of “Weird Al” Yankovic…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Weird_Al%22_Yankovic
              http://weirdal.com/home/

Ooops. Nothing to “fix” unless I decide to scrap the correction that has been in place all this time.

I recall seeing other fixes in the source code (Like Mötley Crue for example) but these aren’t applied for PS3 conversions, always wondered why.

TrojanNemo
              Participant

Well, part of it was my lack of experience and adding more and more things as I went along. If anyone looks at the code they can see how shitty that part is. But you know what? It works. Mostly.

cleverest
                Participant

Well, part of it was my lack of experience and adding more and more things as I went along. If anyone looks at the code they can see how shitty that part is. But you know what? It works. Mostly.

Well I’m impressed with what it does… what you’ve created is AWESOME, and not only File Indexer…so thank you…..but are you open to additional feature requests concerning File Indexer? I have some basic addition-ideas that I think could make it even more more usable and fun….just asking…

TrojanNemo
                  Participant

You responded to a 2.5 year old comment. I stopped working on these tools a long time ago so I’m not taking requests. However, someone else has taken over (I keep forgetting if it’s FujiSkunk or someone else) the programming so you may make requests from them.

cleverest
                    Participant

You responded to a 2.5 year old comment. I stopped working on these tools a long time ago so I’m not taking requests. However, someone else has taken over (I keep forgetting if it’s FujiSkunk or someone else) the programming so you may make requests from them.

Oh okay….yeah I wasn’t sure where to post and this topic seemed relevant…I should have started a new post. Thanks.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Back to top button