Expired content remade as customs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ataeaf
    Participant

From what I’ve read, expired DLC songs are not allowed to be remade as customs. I understand why you cant do this with active DLC; but this pretty much guarantees that expired content is basically gone forever until a trillion years after the end of time.

I think you should reconsider. Joseph Cirri from ScoreHero uses this ideology as per customs: if it’s available as DLC, no customs allowed; but if it’s expired, go ahead. Thats what you should do. Don’t do this with active content or even on-disc songs (since those can be played on their respective discs); but at least give people a chance to play Don’t Stop Believing or the Metallica pack.

LkProd
      Participant

In cases such as the custom using an alternate version to the official expired one they do allow it.

For example, Lithium by Nirvana has the Live at Reading version available officially, but you’re allowed to author and release the studio version because it’s an alternate version.

I think you should reconsider. Joseph Cirri from ScoreHero uses this ideology as per customs: if it’s available as DLC, no customs allowed; but if it’s expired, go ahead. Thats what you should do. Don’t do this with active content or even on-disc songs (since those can be played on their respective discs); but at least give people a chance to play Don’t Stop Believing or the Metallica pack.

I think this ideology happens due to the fact that relicensing happens and even expired customs still have the chance of being relicensed.

I’m not an expert but I know this already happened with some songs a little after RB4’s release.

Not only that but I guess it’s piracy in a way (?)

Farottone
        Keymaster

Having customs of official content would open up a can of worms. First of all, as it’s been said, licenses can be reworked. Second, if we allowed that, for any official content announced as “to be pulled soon” people could choose to not buy it and wait for a custom to appear. Third, we would need police those customs hard to check that no original content whatsoever had been used to make them and we don’t have the resources to do that. Fourth, we would have a subpar version of a song when the original version has been available to everybody for literally years.

I have no problem with people asking to change rules and contribute to change them, in fact I very much welcome feedback and contributions, but in this instance there is no way something like that can happen.

ataeaf
          Participant

Having customs of official content would open up a can of worms. First of all, as it’s been said, licenses can be reworked. Second, if we allowed that, for any official content announced as “to be pulled soon” people could choose to not buy it and wait for a custom to appear. Third, we would need police those customs hard to check that no original content whatsoever had been used to make them and we don’t have the resources to do that. Fourth, we would have a subpar version of a song when the original version has been available to everybody for literally years.

I have no problem with people asking to change rules and contribute to change them, in fact I very much welcome feedback and contributions, but in this instance there is no way something like that can happen.

Oh. That’s disappointing but understandable. Thanks for clarifying!

i don´t think it can be possible, but to xbox 360 owners, the RB4 songs can´t be possible to get too, and if customs, were made before the RB4 release, would not necessarily be ” damaging ” to Harmonix , because if you can not use the custom in RB4, and it be released before, so is a version completely different, or isn’t it?

Bansheeflyer

i don´t think it can be possible, but to xbox 360 owners, the RB4 songs can´t be possible to get too, and if customs, were made before the RB4 release, would not necessarily be ” damaging ” to Harmonix , because if you can not use the custom in RB4, and it be released before, so is a version completely different, or isn’t it?

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying if someone were to release a custom on RB3 before RB4’s launch and RB4 has the same song, it should be okay to have the RB3 version because you can’t use RB4 songs in RB3 anyway.

That’s a good point, however it’s still an official Harmonix charted song and despite whether you can use it on RB3 or not, it’s still technically bad to have a custom because Harmonix put the song out. For example, I wanted to play “Jane” by Jefferson Airplane (which was a custom on C3 before I came here) however I showed up about the same time the song was announced as RB4 DLC so it was pulled from C3 to prevent legal issues.

If I’m understanding this correctly, you’re saying if someone were to release a custom on RB3 before RB4’s launch and RB4 has the same song, it should be okay to have the RB3 version because you can’t use RB4 songs in RB3 anyway.

That’s a good point, however it’s still an official Harmonix charted song and despite whether you can use it on RB3 or not, it’s still technically bad to have a custom because Harmonix put the song out. For example, I wanted to play “Jane” by Jefferson Airplane (which was a custom on C3 before I came here) however I showed up about the same time the song was announced as RB4 DLC so it was pulled from C3 to prevent legal issues.

In this case, what´s the difference with the”unexported songs” like battery, enter sandman, any way you want it… it is still Harmonix chart… unexport, but oficial, and i´ve found these songs here, not it Database, but yes in thread.

I guess it was a way to get them playable on RB3…so, what´s the difference with RB4 songs?

I understand the point, i have purchased DLC since Microsoft points still alive, exports and more than 500 songs.

Harmonix don´t release “good” songs for a long time, H

ence comes the initiative to create custom songs, ” a good way to get good songs playables on RB3″ i don´t want to break the rules, or disturb, is just an other point of view.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button