Custom Song Crossover?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve recently been playing an avenged sevenfold song on drums with a friend and i have to play the non 2x bass version so he can play, and i have to play the non 2x version as well. I was wondering if, since both the 2x version and the non 2x version have the same audio, i could take the 2x version track and use it in reaper and put it in as an expert+ difficulty so we can both still play together but i can do 2x bass. I converted both con files to work with phase shift and i looked at the tracks, but they are in .ogg format. Is there anyway I could make this idea work?

The tracks are not in ogg format, the audio is. All the tracks are in the MIDI (.mid) file. The metadata for them are in the ini file.

It is indeed possible. I’m not sure of the naming required for “Expert+” in a phase shift MIDI track, but you can know that from the phase shift forums (DWSK).

Basically you’d simply copy the expert+ track into the normal song’s MIDI file (version with 1x drums), and change the track name to whatever needed. You’d also need to add the entry in the ini file.

The tracks are not in ogg format, the audio is. All the tracks are in the MIDI (.mid) file. The metadata for them are in the ini file.

It is indeed possible. I’m not sure of the naming required for “Expert+” in a phase shift MIDI track, but you can know that from the phase shift forums (DWSK).

Basically you’d simply copy the expert+ track into the normal song’s MIDI file (version with 1x drums), and change the track name to whatever needed. You’d also need to add the entry in the ini file.

One more question, how do i insert the midi track into reaper? it wont accept it. I’m pretty new to reaper still. all i’ve done in it so far is a couple drum tracks but i wouldn’t know how to import tracks.

You need to drag and drop the midi file to the first beat of the first bar (very start of the project). Make sure to import the tempo map.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button