Custom charting problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leon
    Participant

Hi I’m new to the whole Rock Band 3 Custom scene, so I tried to upgrading a song (adding some missing notes, forcing some strums for rhythm and upgrading it to Pro guitar and bass) with Editor On Fire (EoF)

For a start I extracted the .con file and JUST touched the .mid updating the guitar and bass charts, then using CON Tools I cleaned the MiDi with MIDI Cleaner and created the .con with CON Creator, I was able to load the whole thing into RB3 but when I play the song (select and instrument and difficulty) the song starts and the band is warming up then the guitar/bass icon appears and the band does the finishing animation and it takes me to the score screen with, of course 0 score 0 stars. I edited another chart and when the song is loading, the game freezes leading me to reset the Xbox.

After that I go to the pratice menu and THEN I could play the song that didn’t freeze the console normally with the changes I made but while practicing.

Remember I’m new to this and couldn’t find much info on how to edit customs for RB3 let alone make them (wich I would enjoy to make)

Thanks!

Bansheeflyer

Hey there,

You should edit your post to ask the question without pointing to a specific song since said specific song is now DLC. I’ll give you a few hours to change the post, after that I’ll have to lock it.

Leon
        Participant

Hey there,

You should edit your post to ask the question without pointing to a specific song since said specific song is now DLC. I’ll give you a few hours to change the post, after that I’ll have to lock it.

Ouch wasn’t aware that it got put in the game, still the “can’t play” problem persist

Leon
          Participant

Ok so I changed the chart with EoF and then imported each track to the original .mid with Reaper and it worked like a charm!

BornGamerRob
            Participant

Aces man! Glad you got it figured out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button