Copypasting a set of notes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

In a song with a looped drums/keys/bass/what-have-you pattern, is there a way to chart that one part, then copy and paste it elsewhere into that instrument part?

I’m aware that you can do this with right click and drag, but I’m currently using a trackpad so that’s not doable.

Mark notes, CTRL+C, click where to start the paste, CTRL+V. Be sure to quantize the notes afterwards as they will go off grid when copypasting this way.

Mark notes, CTRL+C, click where to start the paste, CTRL+V. Be sure to quantize the notes afterwards as they will go off grid when copypasting this way.

This isn’t always the case. I always copy and paste like this and only had it go off grid about twice.

This isn’t always the case. I always copy and paste like this and only had it go off grid about twice.

Actually, it does 99% of the time, just in such a small manner you don’t notice it normally. Can still cause huge issues though with for example OD not applying to notes properly, stubby sustains, etc.

Farottone
    Keymaster

Actually, it does 99% of the time, just in such a small manner you don’t notice it normally. Can still cause huge issues though with for example OD not applying to notes properly, stubby sustains, etc.

What Reaper are you on?

Agreed. I’m using 4.22. The degree of error seems to depend on how many times you’ve copy/pasted, like copying a copy. The errors appear to compound.

What Reaper are you on?

4.22, also this only applies for CTRL+C copying, CTRL+mouse click and drag works perfectly still

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button