CAT reductions and other updates thread September 11, 2014: Insane Clown Posse fix (50 songs total)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
  • Author

“Slow Hands”, fabulous! Thank you.

MRL

Hey on Don’t Forget Me (and maybe Dosed as well I’m not sure) the entire song audio cuts out when you miss a note on guitar which makes it problematic in a full band or party atmosphere. I don’t know if this was intentional and you are aware of this, but if it was personally I’d rather have no cut out instead of the entire song cutting out because it really kills the energy in casual plays of the song and diminishes the playability of it. That being said I love the song choices and was super excited when I saw that someone made full band customs of those two, so thank you for making them, they just need a bit of fixing (assuming it’s a unintentional).

C16

I don’t know why the audio would be doing that. I’ll look into it probably this weekend now that I have my computer finally set up again. I just need to reinstall all my Rock Band related programs.

Farottone
        Keymaster
          I don’t know why the audio would be doing that.

Because it’s assigned to guitar instead of backing.

troipoison
          Participant
            Hey on Don’t Forget Me (and maybe Dosed as well I’m not sure) the entire song audio cuts out when you miss a note on guitar which makes it problematic in a full band or party atmosphere. I don’t know if this was intentional and you are aware of this, but if it was personally I’d rather have no cut out instead of the entire song cutting out because it really kills the energy in casual plays of the song and diminishes the playability of it. That being said I love the song choices and was super excited when I saw that someone made full band customs of those two, so thank you for making them, they just need a bit of fixing (assuming it’s a unintentional).

No rational person would do that intentionally.

I’m gonna put C16 in the rational section.

TrojanNemo
            Participant

He’s a little crazy though. I know this personally :-D

C16

Says Mr. Let’s go meet a guy off Craigslist for a GH Aerosmith guitar!

TrojanNemo
                Participant

Hey. Meeting with random strangers on Craigslist and exchanging money is perfectly normal. Right?

C16
                    Venice Queen – This one is REALLY loud in-game.

Fixed. I believe…the original version sounded fine to me, but regardless, I turned the volume down. Let me know if it’s not working.

Don’t Forget Me (and maybe Dosed as well I’m not sure) the entire song audio cuts out when you miss a note on guitar which makes it problematic in a full band or party atmosphere.

Fixed! Seems the original charter put backing on all instruments and I didn’t notice when I played them on my end.

Also I noticed that the official DLC used “By the Way” for the album title, with a lowercase “the.” Not a big deal, but I know you are concerned about consistencies like that.

Also fixed. For all the Chili Peppers songs I did. For consistency. They even have different song ID’s.

Heavy – I noticed some wrong lyrics in this song.

Fixed!

505 – I just tried hard pro drums on 505 by arctic monkeys and found the chart very difficult

Fixed! Heavy, as well. I noticed the reductions on CAT were very minor on Expert-Hard Drums/Bass so I redid them. I might go back and recheck my previous releases using MIDI Analyzer to find more of these types of reductions.

No current plans for other reductions since alot of other charters are really taking advantage of CAT themselves, but like I said earlier in this post, I might review my own reductions and try to fix a few things. Less then 20 note difference between Expert-Hard is not really correct.

Current fixes still at the same download links in my OP and no song refresh needed since the only songs with changed DTA are the Chili Peppers songs, which have new song ID’s. So, in short, the following were fixed:

Arctic Monkeys – 505

Collective Soul – Heavy

Red Hot Chili Peppers – Can’t Stop

Red Hot Chili Peppers – Don’t Forget Me

Red Hot Chili Peppers – Dosed

Red Hot Chili Peppers – I Could Die For You

Red Hot Chili Peppers – Venice Queen

Awesome, thanks for the updates!

sorry for double-post, but:

I was just checking the .DTAs of the songs I re-downloaded (I always do, to make sure the song ratings mesh with my own sorting system) and I noticed that the RHCP tracks still have the old album titles. Are you sure all the links in the OP are pointing to the fixed files?

TrojanNemo
                    Participant

They probably aren’t. I told him he needed to change his links to a new path on the server. If he hasn’t changed them the links are to old copies. I’ll be removing the backup folder today so links will break and will have to be updated.

EDIT: done. and I was right, still old links. while he gets around to updating the links in the OP, just add “customs/” between .com/ and c16 so it’ll be …com/customs/c16…

C16

Links fixed. I even updated the Visualizer images.

Would you mind taking a crack at Sara Bareilles’ “Brave”? I noticed it doesn’t have reductions at my last gaming meet, led to a bit of awkwardness with non-expert players.

Would you mind taking a crack at Sara Bareilles’ “Brave”? I noticed it doesn’t have reductions at my last gaming meet, led to a bit of awkwardness with non-expert players.

I was going to ask the same thing. I did reductions months ago back in March (before I had a thread to share my reductions). I need to go over them and test them, but they are essentially done. If you want check them out, I can put the rush on it. No trouble.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 132 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Back to top button