Cannot parse event?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mrmet2087
    Participant

Hey so having discovered where all the GH songs are multi tracked and charted, I got one song pretty much all converted and cleaned up, but I keep getting this error

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Cannot parse event 0xf0 at [15]

and a very similar one for BASS, what does parse mean?

I posted about this a while ago.

From our upcoming tutorial…

MIDI tracks have all kinds of events and commands that Magma not only doesn’t need but doesn’t want. With the MIDI track open click on View > Mode: event list. Now delete anything which type is not Track name or Note. That’s it, MIDI track cleaned.

That’s the answer I got and it worked for me.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

Except it’s a little different here. I forgot to mention it in the other thread.

The events you’re finding out are SysEx events in the form of or somehow attached to the text events in the instrument charts. According to bluzer these are added for PhaseShift support. Unfortunately that means you gotta delete all the text events in guitar/drums/bass and re-add them manually. That is, track name, [idle] [play] events, and for the drums, the drum mix events. Deleting those and re-doing them manually works. If you find an old pre-Phase Shift midi you may not encounter that.

Another thing just to throw your way since you’re jumping into this. I noticed that sometimes the vocals chart will have lyrics but no tubes. Those seem to be how the process they have to convert the qb files to midi interpret talkies. So add # to those lyrics and draw some tubes at the right length but disregarding pitch.

That should be it for you to have a decent playable chart. Let me see what you come up with!

raynebc
        Participant

If you happen to author RBN customs with EOF, or get ahold of a project file for a Phase Shift conversion you’re looking to convert again, make sure to enable the “save separate Rock Band files” preference. This will make EOF save an additional RBN compliant notes_rbn.mid file that has all of the unsupported Sysex, double bass, etc. notations omitted so that it will be much easier to get it through Magma.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button