Bsbloom Customs – Update: 9/26/20 Soul Sacrifice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 512 total)
  • Author
    FujiSkunk
    Keymaster

Great pack, and full versions of “Why Worry” and “Your Latest Trick” to boot! Thank you!

AJFOne23
      Participant

Glad to help. Nice work.

rcale
        Participant

This all looks great. Thanks!

Thank you so much for Romeo and Juliet. It is something I have wanted for a long time. Bravo!

Awesome song selection!

Thank you! :rock:

rezavakili
          Participant

Thanks a lot for all the Dire Straits songs this month and last. They are all a lot of fun to play on guitar. The hard work is much appreciated.

SuD
            Participant

GREAT work! thanks for the songs!

Just one thing… I don’t know if this is just with me, but “Why worry” has the audio SO low that I can barely listen… the vocals are almost mute for me. the sounds of the game, crowd and everything are a lot more high than the music…

the other songs are perfect here.

anyway, THANKS one more time! =)

bsbloom
              Participant

Thanks, SuD. Hard to fix audio issues and crowd noise. The vocals in the song are unusually soft, so I made the crowd “mellow” and didn’t have the crowd clap until the six minute mark, well after the vocals ended. Even so, the vocals can be hard to hear. I just upped the gain on the audio track a bit, with Reaper, and tested it. That raises the volume but seems to keep the crowd noise at the previous level.

See if that helps. New version is in the data base.

Hi, thanks for dire straits. the song “Bug” has a @ symbol at the start of each vocal phrase, and I think the first unpitched “Groovy” appeared not to register when singing.

Romeo & Juliet has a lot of punctuation like commas and full stops, and someway through the song a strange square character appeared in the solo lyrics.

Farottone
                Keymaster

The @ symbol is my bad, I’ll send the correct file tomorrow.

bsbloom
                  Participant

Hi, thanks for dire straits. the song “Bug” has a @ symbol at the start of each vocal phrase, and I think the first unpitched “Groovy” appeared not to register when singing.

Romeo & Juliet has a lot of punctuation like commas and full stops, and someway through the song a strange square character appeared in the solo lyrics.

Thanks. We will get to Bug. I fixed Romeo – removed punctuation (with CAT), and found one hyphenated word that was messed up. See the data base for the new version.

I never found that square character. If CAT didn’t remove it, tell me its location, and I’ll fix it.

Farottone
                    Keymaster

Thanks. We will get to Bug. I fixed Romeo – removed punctuation (with CAT), and found one hyphenated word that was messed up. See the data base for the new version.

I never found that square character. If CAT didn’t remove it, tell me its location, and I’ll fix it.

Run the Create phrase markers action on PART VOCALS, so that the @ characters are removed. Sorry about that.

bsbloom
                      Participant

Bug is up and fixed.

Bug is up and fixed.

Sorry to be a pain, but spelling is one thing that is easily spotted.

Measures 46.4 & 48.3 & 85 Groovy, spelt as grovy

Thanks for fixing both these tracks.

Also on the play though either Bug or Romeo & Juliet, there appeared to be an unpitched note with no lyric, i’ll play through again, and let you know. maybe they were just really close together.

Edit: Found it, Romeo & Juliet, verse 4a, the word convenient. The parts con- & ven- don’t have any tubes/notes on screen.

bsbloom
                        Participant

Thanks for the help. Good catches.

Bug: Spelling is fixed. I actually did well in spelling bees when I was young, but have forgotten all of that in my old age.

Romeo: Unfortunately, I am not a singer, and can’t test this stuff. The con- ven- i- ent notes are all there, but were probably too close. I shortened each note. See if that helps.

Again, I really appreciate your feedback. These are great songs, and I would like them to be as close to C3 standards as possible. I certainly can’t do that without lots of input.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 512 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button