Bsbloom Customs – Update: 9/26/20 Soul Sacrifice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 512 total)
  • Author
    rezavakili
    Participant

Thanks for the Dire Straits songs, I am a big fan of their early stuff also. Much appreciated.

samjjones
      Participant

Just played “Tunnel of Love” on hard, think I have carpal tunnel in my left thumb now. A couple of “empty” measures on guitar (even though the guitar track was playing)…but overall, CAT did a serviceable job on this.

Kaktusdude
        Participant

Once Upon a Time in the West…love it…

bsbloom
          Participant
            A couple of “empty” measures on guitar (even though the guitar track was playing)…but overall, CAT did a serviceable job on this.

That was intentional. There are two guitars playing, and, for the most part, I stuck with the lead guitar. I followed the rhythm guitar in the first verse, and for a short time in the third verse. For much of the song, there are empty parts where the lead guitar is silent, while the rhythm still plays.

Kemiroch
            Participant

Great song choices, bsbloom. Nice work, and thanks!

bsbloom
              Participant

This month is mostly housecleaning – finishing up the two conversion projects I started. First up, Nightwish. Mustis666 and Tadracing99 charted a few bonus songs after completing their albums. These are:

All the downloads are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/krj42k1b3axpf/DLC

Next, Qwinthero’s Rhapsody work. He charted two albums, for guitar only, Legendary Tales, which I posted a while back, and Symphony of Enchanted Lands:

As before, he skipped three songs. Two of these were short, and unimportant, but I charted them for completeness (using the harpsichord track on one for guitar). The other omission was strange – Wings of Destiny is one of the best songs on the album, and really has to be included. I suspect he skipped that song because the guitar track is pretty simple, and the song is driven by the piano. The song needed a piano chart, and, once I did that, it made sense to finish the song. Wings is full band, all the others are for guitar only.

If you are only going to try one song from the album, try Wings or Emerald Sword.

All ten downloads are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gphxpadr17bav/Symphony_of_Enchanted_Lands

Only one custom for this month, but it features a phenomenal artist making her Rock Band debut – the Voice, herself, Joan Baez.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mo1fcc4j1c5c3du/Diamonds_rb3con

The guitar track is easy, but quite a lot of fun to play, and the vocals are amazing. I wish I had more skills charting vocals – I don’t do her justice. If any singer wants to fix up the chart, let me know.

That finishes my big conversion projects. I’ll stick to customs for a while, including some more instrumentals for next month. I have some metal covers of Beethoven in the works – feel free to guess the songs and the artists.

Sideshow
                Participant

Excellent update. I plan to work on some Rhapsody in the future.

bsbloom
                  Participant

There are two tracks from Ascending to Infinity that I’ve picked out for future work, and I’ve done some of the guitar on Of Michael. Want to collaborate?

Sideshow
                    Participant
                      There are two tracks from Ascending to Infinity that I’ve picked out for future work, and I’ve done some of the guitar on Of Michael. Want to collaborate?

I want to do “Emerald Sword” but waiting for ghostbyob to give me the G/B/D and I’ll add vocals.

FB Emerald Sword would be outstanding.

Sideshow
                      Participant
                        FB Emerald Sword would be outstanding.

I hope its a reality soon!

Oh my god Nightwish. Thanks a lot for this. I have been wanting to chart Poet and the Pendulum for a while now, but been putting it off because of the huge amount of work it would take, so finding it here now is a huge surprise. Kudos!

Rockin Rindy
                        Participant
                          Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback – I’ll try to redo Mood for a Day, and look again at the Satriani songs.

I try to get these to the point where I have fun playing them, but I don’t have any other playtesters, and it is impossible, for me, to make quality charts without people testing them and commenting. Thanks. Please keep up the criticism.

Maybe think of doing joe satriani flying in a blue dream thats a cool tune too and sounds like it would be alot of fun to play……

bsbloom
                          Participant
                            Maybe think of doing joe satriani flying in a blue dream thats a cool tune too and sounds like it would be alot of fun to play……

Sure, why not? Look for it in my next update.

rezavakili
                            Participant

The Joan Baez track was great fun to play on guitar, it was a nice surprise. Looking forward to more artists like her in your upcoming releases. Thanks a lot.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 512 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button