Big issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

So, I’m trying to load in a LOT of songs, I have them on a 32 gig flash drive. I turn on my xbox, let it get to the home, put in the drive, start rb3, decline the update, and it starts loading in songs from my drive. Now, when it finishes, it shows like 650 songs in my library. Just with disc exports and purchased dlc alone, I should have around 1700, with this, it should be around 2600, but I’m just seeing some of my disc songs, sone of my dlc, and some customs in my library. What am I doing wrong here? I want to have all my disc songs from all games, all my dlc, and all customs I’m loading in.

Sideshow
    Participant

Are you using the Electronic Arts disc version of RB3? Its the only version of the game that works with customs. I’m thinking you are using the right version because your declining an update. Also, how the hell are you only seeing some of your disc songs? Those should all be there no matter what unless your purposely hiding them in the filters. When in doubt try deleting your song cache file and reboot the game.

Yeah, its an EA version, I got it the day it came out. I have no idea, its showing “all of 668 songs”, which is a mixture of dlc, disc songs and customs. Im pretty sure it has all of the rb3 disc on there, but huge amounts of dlc and the customs are missing, about 2000 of them. I wiped my flash drive and Im going to try reloading everything.

What I did to put the files on the thumbstick: Configured it for my xbox, copied my rb3 song cache onto it, then hooked to my computer, used party buffalo to put title update 4 onto the drive, then used horizon to put all around 950 singular files onto the drive. Any problems there?

Sideshow
      Participant

I also use Horizon and recommend to only inject say 20 songs at a time on your PC. Its so much easier to manage your library when your only adding 20 at a time because RB3 only shows the 20 of the most recent songs you added to the library. This way its really easy to quickly filter to date added and see if everything you added showed up properly. I used to inject like 50 songs at a time and I noticed a few songs would not be added to the library that way unless I deleted my song cache file.

I would also have a USB stick solely for just injecting songs onto it with your PC and then transferring songs with it using the xbox dashboard to a 32GB stick(of which is your main drive for storing songs.) Dont inject songs onto a USB stick that has say 250 songs already on it because the PC programs like Party Buffalo and Horizon may not inject any more songs onto them even though they say the transfer of songs was successful.

What if I use the c3 tools to bundle them into around 10 packs, would that register 10 pieces of content and be okay, or would it register the full 950ish amount and still skip a lot out?

Sideshow
        Participant
          What if I use the c3 tools to bundle them into around 10 packs, would that register 10 pieces of content and be okay, or would it register the full 950ish amount and still skip a lot out?

The advantage to making bundles of songs is that the game will load your content much faster at the initial bootup. I don’t have any packs of songs solely because if a song gets updated, its much easier to upgrade it when its a single file. Not sure how the game reacts to adding a gang load of packs at a single time. Doesnt hurt to give it a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button