XML File Error When Downloading

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rosdower
    Participant

When I try to download any Harmonix chart song for Rock Band 3 360, I get an error that reads:
      <Error>
      NoSuchKey
      <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
      <BucketName>c3ufileserver</BucketName>
      </Error>

Is there a work around for this? A ton of the Harmonix charts are from the same uploader and it seems pretty consistent so far. I’ve tried this in Chrome, Edge, and Mozilla with the same results. I know the DB is under maintenance, but am I missing something here? I can download random customs, but I was hoping to stick to the official charts.

Thank you

MorPaul
      Participant

I’ve been getting very similar issues. I’m surprised to hear that the DB was under maintenance all the way back in August since that message is still up to this day. I wonder what’s going on with these errors. It doesn’t seem to be connected to the uploader, as I can download some songs but not others by the same user. Did you ever figure anything out?

Rosdower
        Participant

So unfortunately, yes. The XML error means that there is no file to download. Usually due to the author taking it down. However, I also found out that some of the mods of the database have developed this weird “holier than thou” idea where they take down any song that has ever been in the Rock Band series, will be in the Rock Band series, or was part of Rock Band Network. They claim that you shouldn’t play these songs on your terms, but demand that you support the indie developers at Harmonix. Even though all RBN songs are gone and getting a full band set will be several hundred dollars more than market price and if you want the converter, it’s also several hundred dollars.

(Mod edit: Please do not discuss how to acquire or share official content through any unofficial means. This includes PM’s.)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by FujiSkunk.
          FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

I can assure you “some” of the database and forum mods have not developed this weird notion that official content should be paid for. We all have that notion.

It has been C3’s policy from the beginning that this would not be a place for sharing official content, only customs. I’m sure I don’t have to convince anyone that paying for content is the right thing to do, but even beyond that, it’s a matter of simple survival. Harmonix is well aware of the customs community, and is also well aware that C3 makes an extra effort not to indulge in sharing their content, encouraging people to buy it instead. That’s why C3 has been allowed to survive without provoking the ire of Harmonix or their lawyers.

As for RBN and other songs no longer available, I share in the frustration of these songs being off the table for players who didn’t get the chance to buy them. However, we still cannot allow sharing of those songs, because there is always the chance Harmonix will relicense those songs and make them available again. Harmonix has done this several times already, in fact, and continues to do so, both with RBN songs and with older on-disc songs that can no longer be exported. Therefore we have to avoid even the possibility that we could be robbing Harmonix of sales, now or in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button