“There are detailed instructions on this very forum on how to use the great C3 CON TOOLS…” where?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    xoxidine
    Participant

It’s been a while since I did this and it looks like things have changed. The main sticky’d thread is years long, and my I remember the aback and forth on trying to find how to do this. I recall there even being a comment that it caused a re-write of some documented instructions.

Now that I see that thread has an update:

JUNE 11, 2019

THINGS HAVE CHANGED AND ARE BETTER! CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS:

http://customscreato…3/?p=1000049570

When it comes to converting files for PS3, it simply says:

There are detailed instructions on this very forum on how to use the great C3 CON TOOLS to convert xbox customs to PS3, so I won’t go into the details here, but it’s super-easy!

The only things I recommend is to choose encryption Type 3 and to check that you have selected the correct NTSC/PAL format.

I haven’t found any obvious thread on this forum on how to do this. I downloaded a bunch of songs from the customs database and I’d like to migrate them to my already modded PS3. If I have to convert the files with the C3 CON TOOLS software that I have, is there a simple set of instructions anywhere?

beard216
      Participant

You simply drag the CON file into the PS3 Converter in C3 CON TOOLS.

It’s literally Drag, Drop, Click.

xoxidine
        Participant

1. It had me create an author ID which it said to use my C3 profile ID. That didn’t work, I assume too many characters. I made up a 4 digit number and it let me proceed.

2. Prompted with another ID. It said only change it if I need to, so I left it at 0.

3. On the convert screen, I dragged a single file which allowed the application to pick-up the directory. I hit convert and it went through every file.

4. Each file ends up as its own folder in the “C3CONToolsv00ps3All Songs” folder. For 522 songs it took 21 minutes.

Does that all sound inline with what I’m supposed to do?

EchoOfMystery
          Participant

Sounds about right. If that ID issue pops up again, know it has been covered many times before: check here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button