The Twelve Days of Customs – Contribute one famous song as a

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Farottone
    Keymaster
      We’re missing some 80s and 90s, in case anybody is interested in those.

I agree re: the ’80s, but the ’90s are very solidly represented with Flagpole Sitta, Closing Time, Always, and Paranoid Android.

Yep, sorry, I meant just the 80s.

Put me down for Heart’s Crazy on you

I’d like to fill up the last slot with what is arguably the biggest song in the US this year: Lorde – “Royals”

I’m not huge into Top 40 Pop music, but I totally dig this song for being completely left-field of what “should” be on a Top 40 pop chart (let alone #1 for the past month and a half now). I figured it’d work well as a Christmas gift.

I’m almost done with it too, as it’s kind of a simple, downtempo song to begin with. No guitar track and the bass and keys are either Warmup or Apprentice. This is a good song for drummers and a great song for vocalists. I’m working on Vocals/Harmony now and difficulty tracks for the rest of the instruments.

I’ll do Wishmaster by Nightwish. I will need help with vocals when the time comes but i’m in for going all the way with this one.

Gigakoops
      Participant

I know I’ve said this a lot in Skype, but I feel it bears saying on here. I’m going to be doing “Eulogy” by Tool instead of the Led Zeppelin song I had previously signed up for, because I am running low on time to finish my songs for December, and the Led Zeppelin song is nowhere near complete enough to get done on time, where as this Tool song shouldn’t take nearly as long, since it’s more repetitive, but should still be fun to play.

Farottone
        Keymaster

Guys, discussing the status of the project with the other admins we realized that more than a few are not ready yet, PT aside. Since we want to have this release out on Phase Shift and Wii on the same day and since you might guess that you can’t expect any of us to scramble to check if your song is ready on Xmas Eve, please have the song finished by December 22nd. It’s the usual Sunday night deadline for any release, so it’s shouldn’t be surprising, and in this case we can’t really move the goal posts because there’s no time left. I’m sorry we need to press you but please make sure your songs are uploaded and ready for release on the 22nd.

Thank you for contributing to this project, the community is responding very well, you really doing an amazing job!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button