Sr.Moog’s Customs * Updated 06/05/2020: Californication 9-Pack *

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    AJFOne23
    Participant

So glad to be apart of this great project :rock:

Sr.Moog
      Participant

So glad to be apart of this great project :rock:

The great thing about this project is being able to count on your work! I am very happy that you are part of this project and luckily we have many releases ahead of us my friend!

Sr.Moog
        Participant

Hello to all! After so much silence, we released these songs together with Yaniv, CapnKris and EdTanguy in our first pack of this mythical British band.

I hope you enjoy them and Merry Christmas to you all!

“This Night Has Changed My Eyes”

Sometimes less is more. This phrase explains how such a subtle instrumentation can generate as many sensations as it can invoke a beauty and melancholy that makes silence an unbearable noise. The sadness that this song transmits has its origin in the play “A Taste Of Honey” by Shelagh Delaney in which Morrisey is inspired to compose a heartbreaking lyric of a girl who has a pregnancy when she is underage and the man abandons her. Although the arguments are somewhat different, this was the origin of one of the band’s most beautiful songs.

“Well I Wonder”

The eighth track of their second album “Meat Is Murder” tells the story of an animal that is panting but still alive, asking to be taken into account. This theme is not surprising because Morrisey established himself as one of the leading exponents of vegetarianism and, as a starting point, the album expresses that meat is a crime. A heartbreaking song that has a gloomy and melancholy atmosphere, an instrumentation that takes you straight to the subject and makes you feel part of the sadness that animals experience and which Morrisey tries to explain.

“Handsome Devil”

Perhaps one of the most controversial and at the same time most punk songs of the band. An unrestrained rhythm, with extraordinary instrumentation, leads Morrisey in a controversial song, as it was believed to promote pedophilia, with a chorus in which he mentions that he “lets you touch the mammary glands”. Someone as irreverent as Morrisey was encouraged to put this phrase in a song by one of the leading bands of the British 80s.

“William It Was Really Nothing”

This song was released as a single along with two of the band’s best known songs such as “Please, Please, Please…” and “How Soon Is Now? and appears on two of the many compilation albums the band has released during their career. When asked about the meaning of the song, Morrisey said that “in popular music, marriage is always debated from a woman’s point of view … so I thought the voice of one man talking to another saying that marriage was a waste of time. A song with a fabulous guitar line by Johnny Mar, a solid rhythmic song in which Morrisey explains how “absolutely nothing” marriage is.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button