Rock band songs with mislabeled difficulty.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    lifeismusic5
    Participant

Is there any main setlist song or dlc you feel are mislabeled as harder or easier than they should be?

Personally I feel like certain Queen songs are mislabeled as easier than harder

Queen – We Will Rock You/We are the Champions. I personally feel they are harder than they show on the difficulty, in vocals, 1 notch harder for Guitar for We Are the Champions.

Any other songs you can think of?

mrcoupdetat
      Participant

The drums for “No One Knows” by Queens of the Stone Age are much easier than advertised. Harmonix gave them the devil tier, but I’d give them 4 dots at most.

lifeismusic5
        Participant

The drums for “No One Knows” by Queens of the Stone Age are much easier than advertised. Harmonix gave them the devil tier, but I’d give them 4 dots at most.

Oh I agree. As an expert playing drummer, I wholeheartedly agree, you just gotta go with the rhythm & youre good.

Bansheeflyer

RB3-era songs.

FUGGNUTZ
            Participant

Who on planet Earth thought that The Look should be devil tier on bass? Who thought that Pulse of the Maggots and Sulfur were only 5 dot on drums? Why isn’t Beast and the Harlot devil tier on guitar? Why is Free Bird only 3 dot on drums? Why is Something Bigger, Something Brighter devil tier on guitar? Why is Visions 1 dot on vocals?

These questions may never be answered. There are also a bunch of customs with difficulties that make me scratch my head, but we aren’t professionals, so I can forgive them. There’s also every song that lost its original tier due to the thresholds changing in between games.

lifeismusic5
              Participant

Who on planet Earth thought that The Look should be devil tier on bass? Who thought that Pulse of the Maggots and Sulfur were only 5 dot on drums? Why isn’t Beast and the Harlot devil tier on guitar? Why is Free Bird only 3 dot on drums? Why is Something Bigger, Something Brighter devil tier on guitar? Why is Visions 1 dot on vocals?

These questions may never be answered. There are also a bunch of customs with difficulties that make me scratch my head, but we aren’t professionals, so I can forgive them. There’s also every song that lost its original tier due to the thresholds changing in between games.

That is very true. Many songs that should be shown much harder arent, which is misleading most times in my opinion. You go in expecting something difficult & it ends up being easy & vice versa. Jeremy by Pearl Jam is definitely not that hard on Drums as advertised.

akaisenshi
                Participant

No One Knows seems like a better 5 dot song, that song gets pretty intense imo

but not quite devil

BornGamerRob
                  Participant

Big Country – In a Big Country. 1 bubble on drums. Really? I have gold starred and almost fc’d everything in the 1 bubble category, but 97% on In a Big Country with no gold stars, and that was after lots of playing it. There is no way that thing is a 1 bubble song. Maybe it’s some easy pattern that most people can get their head around and I just can’t. :: shrugs ::

akaisenshi
                    Participant

Big Country – In a Big Country. 1 bubble on drums. Really? I have gold starred and almost fc’d everything in the 1 bubble category, but 97% on In a Big Country with no gold stars, and that was after lots of playing it. There is no way that thing is a 1 bubble song. Maybe it’s some easy pattern that most people can get their head around and I just can’t. :: shrugs ::

yeah, that one should’ve been like a tier or two higher difficulty, it is significantly harder than the other 1 tier songs.

akaisenshi
                      Participant

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver… it is rated 2 dots on guitar! It took me forever to gold star that and I had FC’d many devil songs already XD

Antibodies in RB3… I think it was two dots on guitar? I found that song to be a lot tougher to keep a combo on than most.

Also, Constant Motion by Dream Theater is ranked 5/6 on guitar, but I think that song is a no-brainer devil tier. Sure, the chorus is easy, but the guitar solo more than makes up for that.

Atruejedi
                        Participant

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver… it is rated 2 dots on guitar! It took me forever to gold star that and I had FC’d many devil songs already XD

Antibodies in RB3… I think it was two dots on guitar? I found that song to be a lot tougher to keep a combo on than most.

And here you have it, folks: the two reasons I will never be a completionist. I will never, ever 5-star these songs on any instrument.

lifeismusic5
                          Participant

And here you have it, folks: the two reasons I will never be a completionist. I will never, ever 5-star these songs on any instrument.

I can say that 2 songs I had a much too easy time on for guitar was I Believe in a Thing Called Love & Hold on Loosely which I believe I myself hit those solos too easily even though it should have been harder for me to hit, let alone FC both songs.

BornGamerRob
                            Participant

Not even vocals? Antibodies was a ridiculously hard song on vocals, I eventually FC’d the stupid thing (you have to basically sing the note before the note in every single instance and WELL before. So basically, you have to have a continuous breath all the way through) so I never had to worry about singing it again. Ever. Except now that we have online and people tend to pick it to be mean. =-)

akaisenshi
                              Participant

Also, Constant Motion by Dream Theater is ranked 5/6 on guitar, but I think that song is a no-brainer devil tier. Sure, the chorus is easy, but the guitar solo more than makes up for that.

yeah, that song’s riff in general should’ve been like devil PLUS the insane solo. 5 dots, really??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button