Replacing low quality/censored audio?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Hey guys, newish to rockband 3 customs.
      I’v found that a lot of songs are high quality in terms of charts and audio, but occasionally there’ll be a song with very low quality audio or they’ll be a censored version of it. Is there anyway to unpack a rb3con and replace the track? Cheers!

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

There are indeed ways to replace audio and other bits inside a custom, but to really know how to do so, you’ll need to be familiar with how customs and CON files are created in the first place. I suggest visiting the Authoring Tools, Support and Advice section of the forums and get to know the tools available, especially C3 CON Tools, which can help you turn any custom you want inside-out and back again.

Note that most customs have encrypted audio, so you will not be able to extract or edit the existing audio, but you will still be able to replace it wholesale. Have fun!

Shroud
        Participant

IIRC the CON Tools might allow you to rreplace the audio file, but the new file needs to be in the correct MOGG format. You can’t just swap it with an mp3 ripped from your CD.

In addition, the new audio file must be perfectly aligned with the previous, otherwise the notes in the game will be out of sync. If the author has simply taken the audio from the CD, and you do the same, they should be aligned. But often the author decides to shift the audio forward in order to make room for the count-in.

If I were to replace a custom’s audio, I would extract everything with C3 Tools (use Phase Shift converter to downmix encrypted audio to stereo), open old audio and midi tracks in Reaper, add new audio there and make sure to align it correctly, encode/export the new audio from Reaper (also muted audio and fake dryvox – check correct formats from Farottone’s authoring tutorial), and rebuild in Magma.

Shroud
          Participant

To add to the previous, you can fake the dryvox using empty tracks and put random metadata in Magma if your purpose is just to generate a replacement audio file, then take the nnew MOGG from the CON created by Magma and ignore the rest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button