Removing Vocal Parts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Spike1958
    Participant

I am doing some custom work for my own use. I do not think that the echo of a main vocal should be charted.
      It is easy enough to go into Reaper and remove those parts of the midi, and that worked fine. Not having created any of my own charts, I’m not sure of all that goes into making them. The sections I removed are gone, and the game does not expect us to sing it, but at the end of the phrase(which I’m guessing is the vertical line moving across the screen), it shows that you sang some of that section incorrectly, although the part that was displayed was sung perfectly.

What did I do wrong?

thanks

T3HM3T4L
      Participant

I don’t really have the technical knowledge to answer this, but my guess is the game still “counts” whatever you deleted as part of the phrase. Since it’s impossible for you to sing any more of the phrase, it breaks the combo.

I think you need to flag the phrase as finished sooner, right after what you deleted so the game knows the phrase is over.
        I don’t know how to do that but I hope this was of help and/or somebody more qualified can help you.

Shroud
        Participant

It sounds strange. Make sure you deleted both notes and lyrics, just in case. Normally Magma would not allow you to have one without the other but my guess is that you simply encrypted the new midi, not rebuilt everything in Magma, which is not necessary in your case, but would catch errors. In fact, if you can’t figure out what’s wrong, doing a rebuild in Magma might help, but it requires some boring work to extract and recreate audio files.

If the song has harmonies, be careful that shortening phrases lenght in the main vocal track might break the rules.

Spike1958
          Participant

Hey Shroud.

Yes you are correct, I did not do a rebuild in Magma.
            I did however only remove the notes, not the lyrics, so maybe that is the issue. I will go back and remove it all, and try again.
            If that doesn’t work then I guess it will be Magma time!

Spike1958
            Participant

Well I screwed something up because when I removed all the lyrics as well as the notes, playing the song hung the game!
              Back to try again.

Shroud
              Participant

Did it hung at the beginning or the end? And were you able to exit the song with the controller or did it freeze the ps3 completely?

Spike1958
                Participant

Hung about 1/2 way through the intro screen(where the band is setting up etc).
                  It was a hard hang, had to power off to restart it. But it was just that song. Without doing anything else after the restart, I was able to play any other song, so it was definitely something I did to the song file. When I removed it and added the song again using the file I had modded previously(to make a keyboard part playable) it worked fine.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button