[PS3] Customs not working due to multiple drums tracks

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Scott Sandwich
    Participant

This process also won’t work with every songs. I’m pretty sure if the song is encrypted the converter will spit out a stereo file instead of stems for the phase shift version to protect the will of the author to not want to distribute stems. It still works, but you lose multi-tracks.

So it will work for some songs, but not all songs. For the encrypted songs the only real way I think is contacting the author.

There are only very few songs which are unencrypted and therefore allow to extract multitracks.

But when you find such song, I believe they figured out that it is not even necessary to combine the drums stems together. It should be enough to rebuild the song in Magma using quality level 3 (instead of quality level 5). The difference is essentially undetectable in the game, and Harmonix themselves have always used quality level 3.

Okay, so maybe worth going back and rebuilding Burning in the Skies with quality level 3, and drums back to separated, in case someone cares about that.

Maybe in order to prevent future problems with multitrack customs, could anyone update magma version to be automatically at quality level 3? Or at least inform current and new authors that they should use quality 3 – particularly for multitrack customs?

Also, I think PS3 users would be happy to be able to play the songs, regardless if they can extract multitracks or just the stereo track. It’s far better than nothing. Most customs are not multitracks anyway, and that’s always good enough for us in those cases.

So the main issue I see is just the time it would take a single person to manually rebuild each GHtoRB3 song, and other multitrack songs. I’ll probably manually do some as I want them, but that’s not going to make a huge dent in the problem, alone.

Hopefully, we can at least prevent it from happening for future multitrack releases…

Thanks for responding, btw!

As far as I know Fuji has the keys for Magma and is planning to update it to make the default quality 3, but I’m not sure when that’ll happen.

Scott Sandwich
      Participant

Maybe in order to prevent future problems with multitrack customs, could anyone update magma version to be automatically at quality level 3? Or at least inform current and new authors that they should use quality 3 – particularly for multitrack customs?

As far as I know Fuji has the keys for Magma and is planning to update it to make the default quality 3, but I’m not sure when that’ll happen.

I’m glad that Magma has been updated with quality 3 as the default now!

FujiSkunk
        Keymaster

You’re welcome!

Spike1958
          Participant

I have one song to add to this list that I could not get to work at all. And it was weird. Sometimes it would play and then loop at the end. Other times it would hard hang the PS3 mid song. And sometimes when selected as a song in a setlist, it would hard hang if I tried to jump to the ‘M’s on the list. For a while I thought it was in issued with the first song in the ‘M’s, but that was not the case.

Into You by Ariana Grande

I tried to loop fix with Con and by looking at the mid in Reaper.

Scott Sandwich
            Participant

There are only very few songs which are unencrypted and therefore allow to extract multitracks.

But when you find such song, I believe they figured out that it is not even necessary to combine the drums stems together. It should be enough to rebuild the song in Magma using quality level 3 (instead of quality level 5). The difference is essentially undetectable in the game, and Harmonix themselves have always used quality level 3.

Hey, so I see you have Maroon 5’s “Harder to Breathe” on the list. “She Will Be Loved” was also freezing my PS3. Just hovering over it in the songs list in the game made it freeze instead of play audio. I converted the .oggs I had to wav files for multitracks, and re-made dry vox for all 3 harmonies using mostly the vocals track, mixed with some original when the harmonies were singing different things.

I rebuilt that in Magma and it still froze my PS3, even though quality level is now default 3 in Magma. I checked song analyzer, and the midi length was less than a second longer than the audio length, which I know has been correlated with the loop ending issue. Instead of putting the mid into Reaper and moving the [end] back and all that, I just added 1 second of empty audio to the end of each audio wav file, and then rebuilt in Magma. That still froze my PS3.
              So I decided to just use the original audio files without the 1 second added to them, and instead compiled the drums tracks into one file, and selected kit instead of kit, snare, and kick. The rest are still multitracks. This is what I did for Linkin Park’s “Burning in the Skies” and like that time, this worked for me. I could now play the song in RB3 on my PS3 without problems. I’m going to do the same for “Harder to Breathe” and maybe some others.

When I finished, I’d like to post the CON for these versions on @TrojanNemo‘s C3 posts for each song, if possible? That way, PS3 users can just download that version and use PS3 converter etc. like any other Con file they’d download.

Update: I wanted to fix a few wrong notes and whatnot in the harmonies for Harder to Breathe, so I went ahead and moved the [end] note back a bit and re-made the midi, then made dry vox, made the audio a little longer with extra silence at the end so it was longer than the midi, and kept the drum multitracks separate (kit, snare, kick). This worked in my PS3, so I’m going to go ahead and do the same for She Will Be Loved.

Update 2: I touched up both songs’ midis a bit, and also was able to get both working on my PS3. Harder to Breathe works with full multitracks including on the drums, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to do that with She Will be Loved for some reason, so I gave up and went back to the drums being one kit instead of 3 stems for kit, snare, and kick. I’m sure that’ll do for a lot of PS3 players out there.

Scott Sandwich
              Participant

[Deleted]

Scott Sandwich
                Participant

Maybe possible. But I still don’t have the time or motivation to work on this. I know it sounds petty but I put in my time for years and now I have two children, a full time career and other hobbies. I try to hang around the forums but that is not the same as wanting to get back in to start programming again and dedicating the kind of time that requires.

Hey, @TrojanNemo, I touched up 2 of your songs posted back in 2013 so they’d work on the PS3. Wondering if you could post an update? Wouldn’t have to do any other work on them. Maroon 5’s Harder to Breathe and She Will Be Loved. I PMed you awhile ago but you haven’t read it yet, so I’m hoping I can reach you here! Thanks!

greenl1991
                  Participant

Is there anywhere to find versions of this song? Somebody That I Used to Know and the Maroon 5 songs from the DB are crashing my PS3 still.

Scott Sandwich
                    Participant

I don’t know about Somebody That I Used to Know, but I haven’t posted my versions of the Maroon 5 songs yet. They work on my PS3, though. This revamp of the DB slowed me down on that, but I’ll post them up in time for sure. It looks like this new DB lets you post different versions of the songs, so I may do it that way…

PikedPike
                      Participant

4 hours ago, ScottSandwich said:

I don’t know about Somebody That I Used to Know, but I haven’t posted my versions of the Maroon 5 songs yet. They work on my PS3, though. This revamp of the DB slowed me down on that, but I’ll post them up in time for sure. It looks like this new DB lets you post different versions of the songs, so I may do it that way…

Yes but no, if it is a C3 Legacy song then you have to do a huge work around with the staff, I actually have permission to do some of these but you have to go through the staff to touch the Legacy songs.

And Somebody that I used to know, along with Maroon 5 (and others) are under that category sadly.

If you use Pro Keys 2 Hands, you a cheater, just saying

Shroud
                        Participant

A PS3 working version of Somebody that I Used to Know has been circulating for almost 2 years, but for some reason was never uploaded to the database. 

greenl1991
                          Participant

Any chance someone could link me that version of the song or point me to where I can find it if it is not in the db?

Shroud
                            Participant

Has anyone seen the following songs freeze the PS3 or are they clear? They all have multiple drums stems.

Filter – Take a Picture
                              Interpol – Obstacle 1
                              Muse – Uprising
                              Oasis – Some Might Say
                              Placebo – The Bitter End
                              Smashing Pumpkins – Bullet with Butterfly Wings
                              Turtles – Happy Together

jokklas76
                              Participant

Bad Religion – Infected <– can confirm it wont work on my PS3. Most customs work just fine or can be easily fixed but not this one.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button