New to site

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lancefer
    Participant

I found this site by accident on google.

Posts here are pretty dated and I am wondering if Rock Band still has the support it use to as

I LOVE ROCK BAND!

I use to play on the PS2,, then PS3. Merged all the content from previous versions, then started purchasing download content (about 50 bucks worth every few weeks…for two years). As you could imagine my song list was huge.

Then I came home from working offshore and dutifully went to see what was new in DLC, and I find that I could not start my game. I had been hacked. Not only that, but whoever did it, purchased almost 300 buck in war games (something I do not play, or would want to). I spent hours and weeks on the phone with sony trying to get my money back to no avail. In my eyes, it was theft on Sonys part. My password was unbreakable and I fully understand how to protect my online investments. The hackers got in through a child account (which I had none), and somehow talked sony into allowing them into my account.

Ahywho…I took back my money, they voided my account. I lost all my music and have vowed to NEVER use sony products again. I now have an xbox 360, and an xbox one. Tomorrow, I am buying a rock band drum set used for the 360 as my ps3 drum set will not work.

I have a lot of experience with altering sound, first in Cool Edit Pro, then Audacity. I have my eye on some Audionamix programs, but prices are still too high.

I want to help contribute to creating Rock Band songs, I think I would really enjoy that. But I need to know the basics from a kindergarten level. I also have a gaming PC, but will I need any special hardware to create songs, how can I play songs on a xbox360/one…I have a thousand questions.

Anyways, Hello. My name is Lance. I turn 52 this month. Nice to meet you guys/gals.

astronomyhopes
      Participant

Welcome! The best advice I can give you is just to read up on the numerous tutorials available on this site for every step in the custom song creation process. You should find them in the “pinned threads” under each subforum. “LIST OF ALL AUTHORING STUFF” describes everything you need to get started. There’s also a “Complete Beginner’s Tutorial” to actually authoring charts in REAPER and a bunch of video tutorials on YouTube for loading customs into your RB3 game.

Not all customs have multi-track audio, but some do using some of the techniques you’ve mentioned. Audionamix programs are (sometimes) great for isolating single monophonic instrument leads and solo vocals but not optimal for much else.

Have fun!

EchoOfMystery
        Participant

Welcome, Lance! Happy birthday! :excited:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button