My songs download links in C3DB all lead to an error message

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fou du Village
    Participant

Every time I upload a song in the D3 database, the download link shows this error (instead of starting the download) :

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error>
      NoSuchKey
      <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
      <BucketName>c3ufileserver</BucketName>
      </Error>

The only way I can share my songs is by creating an alternate link. Is there a way to solve this error?

For reference, my name in the database is L’Arçonneur.

Thanks you in advance :)!

FujiSkunk
      Keymaster

Hello! Sorry to see you’re having trouble hosting your files on C3U. I suspect the “ç” in your name is causing an issue, but I can’t yet say how, specifically. I see you have updated your songs to make them available from other sites. With your permission, I’ll play with one or two entries, pointing them back to the C3U files either temporarily or until we solve the problem. Is that all right?

Fou du Village
        Participant

Hello FujiSkunk!

So nice of you to help me with this! Sure, you have my permission to change anything you want! You can even change my username to something like “FouDuVillage” or simply “fouduvillage” to get rid of this pesky “ç”. I can also send you the files or I can reupload them manually if necessary.

Thank you so much!

FujiSkunk
          Keymaster

Please pardon the delay. I was partially right about the “ç” causing issues. It turns out the apostrophe was causing issues too. However, I believe the fault was on our side. Simply put, your name was mangled both when creating the C3DB entry for your account and when creating the directory for your account in the C3U cloud. I’ve fixed both places, and now you can log into C3U with your proper name, “L’Arçonneur”, and you can set your customs to download from C3U instead of from an external source. I put back everything I changed, so currently your customs still have external links. You can use your C3U control panel to remove the external links for the customs you have uploaded to C3U, and at that point the C3U download links should work fine. Note you will still need to upload any customs you’re hosting externally that aren’t yet hosted by C3U also.

Hopefully that’s all clear, but if you have any questions or you see any lingering issues, just reply back here or in a private message to me. In the meantime, I’ll add a task to the to-do list to stop this name mangling for any future accounts with non-English characters!

Fou du Village
            Participant

Hey! Thank you FujiSkunk :)! Now, it’s all working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button