My First custom (drums) that is Nightmare or Impossible – would appreciate helping determine which – video preview linked

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cleverest
    Participant

So I need to fine tune a couple sections to finalize this song, but this is probably 95% done. It was the toughest one for me to do.

(Video preview is directly from Reaper)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t4yE-9goDvl0Osjas5rjwLMZd3hTT_G9/view?usp=sharing

I would love to know how some of you would assign this difficulty-wise… the drum work on this song is beastly and the drummer near-continually has something going on with some well-timed pauses and cymbal chokes (that sadly don’t translate to game, but that’s just a side-comment), it’s fast and technical enough, but not a mindless blast-beat. Some solid 3way limb-independence is certainly needed…and it’s at 160+ BPM – but I don’t know how to best class it’s difficulty. I know it’s at least 5 bubbles….but I’ll take your opinions into account.

Thanks.

gospeedgo11
      Participant

In my opinion it looks like a 5-bubble rating. It looks pretty tough but not as tough as something like Beast and the Harlot (drum rating is devil) because that song is around the same tempo and it has off-beat kicks.

cleverest
        Participant

I’m also leaning toward that.Thanks for taking the time to look. Any other opinions? (if anyone else wants to look).

Also any constructive feedback on my charting for this?…it wasn’t easy for me…no live material exists for this song that isn’t old VHS-under-water looking; basically useless.

mrcoupdetat
          Participant

I don’t think it’s devil tier. I’d probably give it 4 dots — 5 at the most.

As for your charting, it looks pretty good to me. I’m not familiar with the song, but I didn’t see anything that stood out as being awkward or wrong.

cleverest
            Participant

I don’t think it’s devil tier. I’d probably give it 4 dots — 5 at the most.

As for your charting, it looks pretty good to me. I’m not familiar with the song, but I didn’t see anything that stood out as being awkward or wrong.

Thanks, I’m pretty certain about the actual snare, kicks and toms actually, but there is an area that I’m not positive concerning the cymbals specifically – it can be hard given the overwhelming crashes going on if he’s riding it a bit faster or not (also given the mix of the album) – I try to be as accurate to the real deal as possible.

I’d give it 4 dots as well. It’s tough, but not super tough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Back to top button