Moving everything to brand new Xbox 360

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello fellow C3,

So long story short my Xbox 360 slim literally caught on fire (probably from non-stop Rock Band action) from trusting an adapter in another country. Life’s lessons on input/outage can be harsh.

What I salvaged from the disaster:

-Original Launch RB3 disc

-HDD with all my DLC and customs

I plan to purchase a new Xbox 360 slim and use my salvaged HDD in the new system

The question(s): Will I run into any issues re-downloading the licenses for previously purchased DLC (especially older songs that were taken off the store due to expired licenses)?

…and…

Will my save data and TU4 transfer over?

ws54
    Participant

I’m not sure about everything you ask, but you will need to transfer your licenses to the new XBox. Search Google for “xbox 360 transfer game licenses” and the first response will probably tell you what to do. I’ve done it and it is simple enough with no issues. If you have a license for a song, or an import license from another Rock Band game, you can still download those even if they have been removed for sale. I think this is also true for RBN songs, but I am not certain of that. I don’t remember if I needed to re-download the songs when I transferred my licenses. Hopefully you don’t need to but if so, it is just a matter of going through the store and download everything that you purchased.

TU4 is not an issue, except if you need to download again you will need to allow the game to upgrade itself temporarily. And then restore TU4.

If you are using the same hard drive then I don’t know why the songcache and save data would not also transfer.

I’m not sure about everything you ask, but you will need to transfer your licenses to the new XBox. Search Google for “xbox 360 transfer game licenses” and the first response will probably tell you what to do. I’ve done it and it is simple enough with no issues. If you have a license for a song, or an import license from another Rock Band game, you can still download those even if they have been removed for sale. I think this is also true for RBN songs, but I am not certain of that. I don’t remember if I needed to re-download the songs when I transferred my licenses. Hopefully you don’t need to but if so, it is just a matter of going through the store and download everything that you purchased.

TU4 is not an issue, except if you need to download again you will need to allow the game to upgrade itself temporarily. And then restore TU4.

If you are using the same hard drive then I don’t know why the songcache and save data would not also transfer.

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy response.

If you have the account where you buyed the songs you dont need to transfer any license you just need to re-download them, the license transfer is for one account to another

If you have the account where you buyed the songs you dont need to transfer any license you just need to re-download them, the license transfer is for one account to another

The license transfer used to be to move them from one console to another. Did that change at some point?

ws54
      Participant

The license transfer used to be to move them from one console to another. Did that change at some point?

No, the Licenses are tied to the console and the account. If you want your licenses associated with a different console the transfer is necessary and then the new console becomes the primary console.

No, the Licenses are tied to the console and the account. If you want your licenses associated with a different console the transfer is necessary and then the new console becomes the primary console.

Erick3003lel’s comment is incorrect, then. It doesn’t transfer the licenses to another account.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Back to top button