MiloMod – A tool for Milo Venues

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Oddbrother
    Participant

Currently, the RBN Docs on Sing-Alongs say that notes 87, 86, and 85 make the guitarist, drummer, and bassist sing along, respectively. However, that isn’t entirely accurate. Notes 87, 86, and 85 set part 2, part 4, and part 3 to sing along, respectively. Those parts are normally assigned as shown, by default. This tool lets you override those defaults with your own order! When the notes are set in the midi, the assigned singer will sing the harmony lip sync assigned to that part.

What about assigning more than one band member to the same sing-along part, can that be implemented? I know the workaround would be to override or use more than one of the same lipsync data in MAGMA, but just a thought.

alucardla
      Participant

Sorry for the late reply. I didn’t notice the reply sooner.

So it turns out there can be more than 255 lightpreset events. It’s been corrected now, so this custom should pass MiloMod now. Redownload for the newest version. It’s the same link.

Thank you, don’t worry about “late”.

Just trying to help. This custom is a spare example because it’s an users’ content.. But what I discovered is that some C3 custom releases return this error too. Example: Anything I tried from Daft Punk, some things from Robbie Williams, some Linkin Park. All of them are c3 custom releases. That’s the reason I worried. I know users’ content may follow various types or rules , but generally C3 customs are made the same way and are top quality.

EDIT:

I came back from work and redownloaded and tested, “MGMT – Time to pretend” now is working, but other ones(including some C3 releases) are not working the same way they didn’t worked before. Below I’m pasting the error this time with custom “Daft Punk – One more time(feat, Romanthony)”. Thank you for all your support and responses to our feedback. the error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
        just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
        ************** Exception Text **************
        System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.
        at System.Convert.ToByte(Int32 value)
        at MiloMod.Form1.convertMidiVenue(String path2Midi)
        at MiloMod.Form1.VerifyLoadMidi()
        at MiloMod.Form1.button_LoadMidi_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
        ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
        mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

MiloMod
        Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///E:/Meus%20Documentos/Downloads/Wii%20DLC%20tools/MiloMod_Beta2%20(1)/MiloMod.exe

System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

NAudio
        Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
        Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
        CodeBase: file:///E:/Meus%20Documentos/Downloads/Wii%20DLC%20tools/MiloMod_Beta2%20(1)/NAudio.DLL

System.Core
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
        To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
        application or computer (machine.config) must have the
        jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
        The application must also be compiled with debugging
        enabled.
        For example:
        When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
        will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
        rather than be handled by this dialog box.
        StackOverflow0x
        Participant

Okay, late again. I didn’t notice this soon enough. Another case of more than 255 of a certain kinds of events. This update should clear up all issues regarding that and the Daft Punk custom now converts successfully.

We are now on Beta 3. So a small change log.

– Fixed an issue with storing the number of spotlight events found for instruments.
          – New: Automatically grab the Milo and Midi files from Wii-converted customs by dragging and dropping the _meta or _song folder into the program. This will still fail if the Midi is already converted to an RBN1 Midi by the Wii Converter.

Get MiloMod Beta 3.

Now all that’s missing is auto-extracting from CON files directly. Then I can consider this feature-complete.

alucardla
          Participant

Okay, late again. I didn’t notice this soon enough. Another case of more than 255 of a certain kinds of events. This update should clear up all issues regarding that and the Daft Punk custom now converts successfully.

We are now on Beta 3. So a small change log.

Get MiloMod Beta 3.

Now all that’s missing is auto-extracting from CON files directly. Then I can consider this feature-complete.

Sorry to bother you and very much thanks for your help.

Awesome,

I’ll try this.

I’m still a little confused as to how to make working venues with keys on Wii with this tool.

alucardla
            Participant

Hi, Mr. Stacks, sorry to interrupt you in any ways, but I run again in the “unhandled exception” error again with a custom this time is “money from nothing – Dire Straits”. I don’t know what hppended even the problematic daft punk custom have worked well in the third version of milomod beta.

Below I put the error message :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
              just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
              ************** Exception Text **************
              System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.
              at System.Convert.ToByte(Int32 value)
              at MiloMod.Form1.convertMidiVenue(String path2Midi)
              at MiloMod.Form1.VerifyLoadMidi()
              at MiloMod.Form1.button_LoadMidi_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
              at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
              at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
              at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
              ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
              mscorlib
              Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

MiloMod
              Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
              Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
              CodeBase: file:///E:/Meus%20Documentos/Downloads/Wii%20DLC%20tools/MiloMod_Beta3/MiloMod.exe

System.Windows.Forms
              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System
              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

NAudio
              Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
              Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
              CodeBase: file:///E:/Meus%20Documentos/Downloads/Wii%20DLC%20tools/MiloMod_Beta3/NAudio.DLL

System.Core
              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
              To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
              application or computer (machine.config) must have the
              jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
              The application must also be compiled with debugging
              enabled.
              For example:
              When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
              will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
              rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thank you again, I’m always trying to help when I find problems.

StackOverflow0x
              Participant

Hi, Mr. Stacks, sorry to interrupt you in any ways, but I run again in the “unhandled exception” error again with a custom this time is “money from nothing – Dire Straits”. I don’t know what hppended even the problematic daft punk custom have worked well in the third version of milomod beta.

Below I put the eror message :

Thank you again, I’m always trying to help when I find problems.

I thought I took care of all the unsigned byte issues. Could you send that one to me so I can fix it?

I’m still a little confused as to how to make working venues with keys on Wii with this tool.

You can convert a song to Wii, but choose not to convert the venue in the Wii Converter. Then, you can drag and drop the folders into the program window to load up the files and convert the venue. This will retain the RBN2 features, including Keys.

alucardla
                Participant

I thought I took care of all the unsigned byte issues. Could you send that one to me so I can fix it?

Off course. I’ll give you the link. when I downloaded, I don’t find the wii version and converted a xbox con. Here’s the link the one i used:

https://mega.nz/#!KAtWhYBJ!SWPryJWvxkh9xMA78_YCwyDpEXvbB6PEc0dXWdCcE4U

Thank you for your support! Everytime I run in an issue I’ll report to you. if this I’ll help.

alucardla
                  Participant

Hi, Mr. Stacks.

Not trying to rush you or anything off-course, but do you have some release date for the version beta 3?

Thank you very much.

EuroMIX
                    Participant

Thanks for this. It seems to be working so far, though the process is slow. I have 43 tracks that support keys currently, so I believe I’ll have to go through all of them for camera animations to work properly.

I also have a Song 2 by Blur “import” that doesn’t animate properly either, so I might have to look into that. Maybe your program will help there too, even though I don’t think that song supports keys,so I’ll have to see.

I just realised that the couple of songs I have tried I left as “rocker” without really thinking, but the only one that I think needs changing (based on your gifs) is Love Bites (So Do I). Can I just reopen the milo and midi files and resave with that change? I’m assuming so.

Thanks again for all your hard work. It’s nice having properly animated venues for all my files.

BTW are there any plans to update the database with the Wii versions, and if so would there be any desire for people to help put together midi and milo files for proper RB3 venue support for the Wii files?

Edit: All of my edits appear to have worked so far except for Don’t Know Why by Norah Jones. I did the conversion twice just to check, and while the keyboardist will appear in the venue, the camera remains at the static distant shot. I have no idea why this particular file is a problem.

Edit 2: I have a CON that seems to work fine when played with cPlayer (that visualises the audio and note placements), but once I convert it to Wii format I get a “something went wrong” error when trying to process the DTA in Milo, and the converted BIN’s cause my system to freeze when loading the song.

Any idea why this is happening?

StackOverflow0x
                      Participant

Hi. Sorry for getting to this late again.

Send me the problem files, EuroMIX, and I’ll look into it.

This tool will not work with milo files that are not RBN2 style. So basically it won’t work with anything pre-RB3.

It turns out I had a Beta 4 ready for some time, but I didn’t upload it. So here’s beta 4, with the DTA genre feature I wanted to add quickly added in.

http://d.c3universe.com/59aa2378374895.83748171

One new feature of the tool is now when you load a Wii folder (whether it’s a meta or song folder), the DTA file is loaded and its genre is used to find a matching animation genre. You can always change it later, but at least now it won’t default to rocker all the time.

Since it’s been so long, now I don’t remember what’s different besides the new feature. I think a handful of postprocs were missing from the lists, so everything should be in there and convert properly.

Edit: The regular Posterize filter was missing and was not getting converted into the Milo, so that’s now fixed.

EuroMIX
                        Participant
                          One new feature of the tool is now when you load a Wii folder (whether it’s a meta or song folder), the DTA file is loaded and its genre is used to find a matching animation genre. You can always change it later, but at least now it won’t default to rocker all the time.

This is great, and was probably my most immediate request to improve the program. At first I kept inadvertently leaving it as Rocker for everything, but I caught on and started changing it to match whatever your list said the genre reflected in the DTA file (still mostly Rocker though).

Thanks, I’ll give the new version a try and see if there’s any issues. I certainly appreciate all your hard work.

Edit: Beta 4 still refers to itself as “Beta 3” in the title bar on my system. Unsure if that’s a glitch my end or the title of the program wasn’t updated. It seems to be purely a cosmetic issue though, as I tried a milo file that had a non-Rocker animation genre and it switched by itself, so that part appears to be working.

StackOverflow0x
                          Participant

This is great, and was probably my most immediate request to improve the program. At first I kept inadvertently leaving it as Rocker for everything, but I caught on and started changing it to match whatever your list said the genre reflected in the DTA file (still mostly Rocker though).

Thanks, I’ll give the new version a try and see if there’s any issues. I certainly appreciate all your hard work.

Edit: Beta 4 still refers to itself as “Beta 3” in the title bar on my system. Unsure if that’s a glitch my end or the title of the program wasn’t updated. It seems to be purely a cosmetic issue though, as I tried a milo file that had a non-Rocker animation genre and it switched by itself, so that part appears to be working.

Yes, I thought I saw 4 somewhere, but apparently not. I’ve fixed it now at least.

EuroMIX
                            Participant

So I’m having trouble converting the Money for Nothing custom (that includes keys). I converted the CON file so I could get a copy without the converted venue, and then converted it in MiloMod, like I’ve done with many files, but MiloMod won’t accept the mid file and instead gives my pointer the “busy” symbol when I hover over the Convert Milo button.

I think I tried converting anyway but I believe it just made the game crash when loading the song.

Any advice?

I’m wondering if this is similar to the issue I was having with the Don’t Know Why custom, where I think I converted the Milo but the keyboardist still didn’t show up properly.

Edit: I just thought: maybe I should try cleaning the Mid file. I didn’t think of doing that until just now. I’ll update if that doesn’t work.

Edit 2: Nope, still no good. I can’t seem to convert this file, which I suspect must be because of something to do with the mid file.

StackOverflow0x
                              Participant

So I’m having trouble converting the Money for Nothing custom (that includes keys). I converted the CON file so I could get a copy without the converted venue, and then converted it in MiloMod, like I’ve done with many files, but MiloMod won’t accept the mid file and instead gives my pointer the “busy” symbol when I hover over the Convert Milo button.

I think I tried converting anyway but I believe it just made the game crash when loading the song.

Any advice?

I’m wondering if this is similar to the issue I was having with the Don’t Know Why custom, where I think I converted the Milo but the keyboardist still didn’t show up properly.

Edit: I just thought: maybe I should try cleaning the Mid file. I didn’t think of doing that until just now. I’ll update if that doesn’t work.

Edit 2: Nope, still no good. I can’t seem to convert this file, which I suspect must be because of something to do with the mid file.

Let me check these two and see what’s going on.

Edit: Found out the problem.

For “Don’t Know Why”, the author forgot to add play markers to the PART KEYS track, so my code was not able to find a Keys track and threw out the camera cuts it found for the Keys category, hence why the camera doesn’t move in-game. I’ve fixed this and will post an update soon.

For “Money For Nothing”, the midi seems to use many channels per track which (which is not standard for customs) and seems to be overflowing a value. I may have this fixed.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Back to top button