[How-To] Playing Customs on PS3

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,262 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys.. i’ve spent last 2 days trying to get this to work. I’ve got my ps3 all set, and RB3 has the Free Pack 01 installed. I downloaded the Songs.dta file and put it in the merged songs folder. I’ve downloaded a few songs start out with and they come in Zip format. When unzipped I get a folder with the files and a new songs.dta file. What I’m confused about is the folder structure in the merge songs folder. I’m trying to follow the guide as best i can but the wording leaves me confused:

Keep a copy in the All Songs folder, and copy/paste all the songs you want to merge into the “Songs to Merge” folder. The program will then merge all of the songs.dta files with the one provided in the “Merged Songs” folder.

If anyone can clarify what exactly i need to copy over to the Songs to Merge folder and what the folder structure is supposed to look like, that would be amazing.

In songs to merge, you copy the song’s folder (The folder is usually the artist- song, in that folder there is your song’s folder and its songs.dta) in the songs to merge, you use the tools to merge the songs (or you can do it manually, it’s as simple as copying dtas to a single one), then you take all those folders and the songs.dta and you ftp them to /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30463/USRDIR/HMX0756/songs/

I wanted to say thank you for your help. It got me sorted. I’ve successfully uploaded my files and show in game. I was watching the video made on using the C3 Tools. I was curious if the pack creator works for PS3 also?

TrojanNemo
    Participant

Pack creator does for Xbox 360 customs what the merging tool does for PS3 customs. Same thing = puts more than one song into one DTA and one CON, or in the PS3 case, one folder.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Cripes, Remember the Name hangs the game after the first vocal phrase. Should I reconvert using the XBox version, or is this a MOGG issue that I can’t do anything about since it’s encrypted?

i download the last C3 CON Tools but dont see “ps3.rap” file to the 2nd install.

TrojanNemo
      Participant

That’s outdated, but if you were looking in the /bin folder, the /raps folder should have been easy to find with the ntsc and pal rap files…and it should be obvious which one you need.

Hey guys, you can use the tool to convert “C3CONTool” of Xbox to PS3? Thank you for the suggestion. Regards.

Edit:

Sorry guys, here is mi answers http://pksage.com/ccc/IPS/index.php?/topic/13580-pksage-custom-songs-for-ps3/?p=125418

Edit2:

Any tutorial for conversion! don’t undersstand the video tutorial. :S

regards,

Hi, thanks for these instructions. I’m unable to find the ps3.rap rile within the /bin folder. I’ve download C3 Con Tools and am looking at the /bin folder within WinRAR, but I don’t see the file. Any help would be much appreciated – new to this process. Thanks!

EDIT: just saw above thread, thanks @TrojanNemo

Gep

This question may be better suited to a PS3 JB forum, but I’ll ask here.

Is there a way to maintain a persistent FTP connection to the PS3 while RB3 is running?

The goal would be to quickly upload a new version of custom when playtesting by avoiding the long loading sequence when starting the game.

Hi, all. Long time lurker here.

Recently took the plunge and purchased a jailbroken PS3. However, seeing as I am quite possibly the most technically-challenged individual you are going to come across on these boards (at least in terms of consoles), I am having a tremendously difficult time getting things figured out. And that is why I am here asking for your help.

I am curious if someone out there with expertise in setting up PS3 Customs would be willing to configure my console for me.

I cannot go into too many details on the matter as I don’t want to run the risk of violating community rules (I already spoke to an admin and was given the okay to post this initial outreach), but know that you would be generously compensated for your time and work.

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested, and we can engage in further dialogue on the matter.

Thanks, guys. Can’t wait to hear from you as I am chomping at the bit to get Customs up and running.

You can report the song here for quick resolution:

http://www.pksage.com/ccc/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3227&start=20&sid=25fc07fb1d9e28cbef2bfbb977daffb0

If you are in a hurry and want to fix it locally, and assuming you’re getting the ‘unable to load…skipping’ message, I try 2 things.

1. Check the folder names for the song in the Merged Files folder. If it has capital letters in any of the folder names, change them to lower case.

2. Try reconverting the CON file using Type 2, 10 Second Delay (instead of type 1)

I am having the same problem (skipping for the Fray song – over my head) tried to do 1 and 2 and they do not work. Just wondering if anyone has a fix for this song?

Thanks

Hi, all. Long time lurker here.

Recently took the plunge and purchased a jailbroken PS3. However, seeing as I am quite possibly the most technically-challenged individual you are going to come across on these boards (at least in terms of consoles), I am having a tremendously difficult time getting things figured out. And that is why I am here asking for your help.

I am curious if someone out there with expertise in setting up PS3 Customs would be willing to configure my console for me.

I cannot go into too many details on the matter as I don’t want to run the risk of violating community rules (I already spoke to an admin and was given the okay to post this initial outreach), but know that you would be generously compensated for your time and work.

Please shoot me a PM if you are interested, and we can engage in further dialogue on the matter.

Thanks, guys. Can’t wait to hear from you as I am chomping at the bit to get Customs up and running.

I can walk you through it as I did it recently. The old write up misses some items like getting the 1.05 update on Rock Band 3 otherwise it won’t work. I will post here once I have the document redone.

I am having the same problem (skipping for the Fray song – over my head) tried to do 1 and 2 and they do not work. Just wondering if anyone has a fix for this song?

Thanks

FYI, I just fixed. You must use the 10 sec delay option when converting the con file. The PS3 file in the database does not work.

Viewing 15 posts - 931 through 945 (of 1,262 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Back to top button