Help me understand packing in C3 Con Tools

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hi guys,
    Thank you for the awesome c3 tools and awesome c3 website!
    Sorry in advance for asking a question that may have been asked a million times (I tried searching for an
    answer but didn’t find any)
    Just trying to understand how pack creator works:
    -Is it possible to pack existing packs (that already have multiple songs) into one big pack without having to
    unpack the existing packs first and THEN repacking all as one big pack or will it do this automatically?
    -I created a pack with about 179 songs in it but only 178 songs were successfully packed. How do I figure
    out which song was missed and why the one song failed?
    Thanks in advance for your help
    TrojanNemo
    Participant

-Is it possible to pack existing packs (that already have multiple songs) into one big pack without having to

unpack the existing packs first and THEN repacking all as one big pack or will it do this automatically?

Sure. You put the pack along with the loose songs in the same folder. The tool will unpack them for you and then combine everything together. So you don’t have to unpack them, but they do have to be unpacked. Meaning it takes a little longer, but it’s still automated.

– I created a pack with about 179 songs in it but only 178 songs were successfully packed. How do I figure

out which song was missed and why the one song failed?

I don’t think I ever implemented a way to check which was the problem one. But as it’s unpacking, it should be telling you what it’s unpacking, and likewise when it’s packing up. Is there no error message at all? If not, it might be you have two songs that share the same internal name, and so when extracting the second one overwrites the files for the first, and when they are combined now one is missing. So check for songs with similar enough names that internal names might be the same. Other than that, it could be a bad DTA. It’s mostly a manual affair…very annoying to track down as I remember.

Hi TrojanNemo,

Thanks for taking your time to reply. I managed to figure out what the problem was when I looked at the logs. The reason why songs were failing was due to permissions as I’m running C3 CON Tools via VMWare Fusion on my Macbook. Fixed permissions and boom – back in business! RB3 loads in NO TIME now on my modded RGH – SO AWESOME!!! Thank you again for such an amazing tool – keep up the awesome work! :dance:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button