HELP! I have forgotten how to use 3CON tools

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spike1958
    Participant

My brain has fried from too much turkey. I usually wait a month or so to see what new songs(thanks authors, all of you) have become available, I d/l them and then add them to my PS3.
      I have not had trouble in the past but today I just cannot get it to work.
      I have all the con files in the CON directory. I open 3CON Tools(4.01) and hit the PS3 Converter button. It extracts all the files, no errors, and puts all the new folders into the All Songs folder.
      What it does not do is merge each of the newly created songs.dta file into my master songs.dta file.
      It does not seem to matter where I put the con files, or where I put the master songs.dta file, it won’t merge them.
      I know it works, it has worked in the past. On the PS3 Converter window, the ‘Merge new songs with exi’ box is checked, but it is greyed out.
      Under Tools, both ‘Merge songs’ and ‘Manage Pack DTA file’ are both greyed out and unchecked and cannot be selected. I think this is the issue.
      Reinstalling 3CON did not fix the issue.

thanks

Spike1958
      Participant

Never Mind. Found it.

Shroud
        Participant

Hi Spike, I was just wondering where you’be been, and here you are!

On the PS3 Converter window, the ‘Merge new songs with exi’ box is checked, but it is greyed out.

You figured it out already, but to others’ benefit, I believe that when it is greyed out it is because the “songs.dta” file is not found by C3CONTools under the folder where it is supposed to be, which is the “Merged Songs” folder.

Spike1958
          Participant

Another brain freeze from an old guy.
            d/l a bunch of songs(thanks to all the authors, you do great work, hope someone is working on Tubular Bells) and 3Con Tools did it’s thing and I remembered to put the old DTA file in the Merged Songs folder. No errors when doing all of that.

However, all of the older songs now have duplicate entries in the DTA file. I’m not sure if that makes a difference, but I think this will also give you duplicates in the song list in RockBand.
            I manually edited them out, but 1) why is this happening(I know it is my fault) and b)is there someway to have 3Con remove the duplicates automatically.

Also iii) when I started 3Con up, it said there as a version 4.10 available, but the link (to keepitfishy) did not work. I found another link on the board here, but when I unzipped it, Norton did not like it at all. Is there a valid link to the proper file?

thanks again to everyone from an old rocker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button