Help, having trouble with customs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

I’ve been trying to do custom songs for RB3 for a while because I like the keyboard but I can’t get it to work, like at all, can someone help me?

What specifically isn’t working? You didn’t tell us what the problem is.

regularjphn
    Participant

What console are you trying to get them running on? What exactly isn’t working?

I’m trying to get it running on my wii, I’ve gotten a song and set it up and Rock band 3 won’t load it any customs, i’ve tried getting it to work off and on for months, and it won’t mount my sd card, saying some error occurred, and it won’t recognize the sd card, even after i’ve reset the cache

regularjphn
      Participant

Did you install the ticket WADS on your Wii that allow your customs in generations sZGE/sZHE to be recognized?

yes I did, I’ve tried using emunand and actual nand

regularjphn
        Participant

-Did you properly name the meta/song folders with the correct hex/dec numbers?

-Did you edit the song.dta file to properly reflect the generation you are packing in and the decimal number of the meta folder?

-Did you put the BINs in the correct folder if you are using the SD Card method?

I tried doing the sd card method, but i have no idea how to get the dlc numbers since the store is shut down, and the nand method has came to no avail as well.

regularjphn
          Participant

For custom DLC, you’d want to pack it in the sZGE generation, which was created specifically for customs. That can be downloaded from here: http://customscreators.com/index.php?/topic/14630-how-to-playing-customs-on-wii/

DLC packed in sZGE can be attributed to any set of hex/dec numbers from 2/3 until 493/494 and does not need to follow anything related to official DLC. For example, you can start with folders named as 002_00000002_mysong_meta and 003_00000003_mysong_song and then go up from there. Once the folders are placed in the sZGE folder alongside the program RB3WiiPackTool, run RB3WiiPackTool, which results in a packdlc.bat file which will produce the necessary BIN files.

Make sure you’re running Rock Band 3 from a USB Loader Homebrew app of some kind, as customs won’t be recognized any other way. Also make sure you’re running the game from IOS 249, which you’d need to install.

How do I get an ng_id if I can’t download dlc

Okay, so i got it to read everything, but now it said addon dlc is corrupt.

regularjphn
            Participant

Okay, so i got it to read everything, but now it said addon dlc is corrupt.

Where did you end up getting ng_id from?

I got ng_id from xyzzy, because I assume thats my console id

Everytime I start it up (I refresh the cache everytime) I load up the game and it shows that it is refreshing and then it says it’s corrupt and deletes it off my sd, I’ve used both usb loader and disc, because I have both

regularjphn
              Participant

That’s right. Make sure there aren’t any spaces or capital letters and also make sure you have the common-key file as well when making the bins.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Back to top button