funkydunkleman’s Customs (3/15) – AC/DC – Crabsody in Blue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    funkydunkleman
    Participant

New song!

Not gonna lie. A lot of this is copy and pasted from the live version. This song was less than a year old when they performed it at Donington. They played it almost identically to the studio version. The bassline is about 95% similar. Same goes for drums. The guitar solo is a little different. I also copied over the camera and lighting cues from the live track. The rhythm part is actually charted a little differently, since you can hear Mal in the live stems pretty well.

Even though Brian’s vocals are similar as well, I still unpitched them for this release. I still stick by my belief that Brian’s singing style shouldn’t be pitched for Rock Band. When you sing his songs clean, they stop sounding like AC/DC. Bon is a different story, but I will never release and Brian songs with vocals pitched.

This song did provide a little bit of trouble as far as harmonies go. It’s the first time I’ve encountered the backing harmonies saying two different things at once. Something like this;

H3
      mon
      ey----talks
      H2--Come-on---come-on----lis
      ten----to---the----mon----ey
      Come-on
      H1--Come-on---come-on----lis
      ten----to---the----mon----ey
      Come-on

I chose to just chart H2, since there would be some overlap with H3. It’s really not a big deal, but it was the first time I had to deal with it.

Anywho, that’s all for now.

Spindoctor
      Participant

Nice Funky

This is one of my all time faves, itching to give this a shot tonight

funkydunkleman
        Participant

Sorry… but I made a little mistake. Bass, Guitar, and Keys don’t have play markers. If you don’t mind your some of your band standing around like zombies, you’re fine. Otherwise, the file above has been updated. Thanks.

Edit: Also fixed a missing harmony part.

EdTanguy
          Participant

to hide one set of packing lyrics, just add $ to each note, like i guess you are doing with the #? and of course only do that for the words doubled from the lead vocals, because they’re the same words..

funkydunkleman
            Participant

Thanks to Colonel 32dll, we have our first rough cut upgraded to a full band track!

Even if you don’t care about having vocals, harmonies, or keys added, compared to the last track, this is worth another shot due to the rest of fixes. Proper practice sections have been added, reductions are more polished, the bass track is much more accurate, and there have been plenty of other fixes and tweaks to go around.

Don’t thank me, thank Colonel for putting the time into making the vocals and helping to get this track the full band treatment it deserved.

CrazyCanuck
              Participant

Excellent!

Awesome! Thank you both for the Seger.

Don’t thank me, thank Colonel for putting the time into making the vocals and helping to get this track the full band treatment it deserved.

Aw shucks, Funky, you did all the hard work!

Besides, there’s nothin’ like a song about no-strings-attached sex romps!

I used her she used me but neither one cared

We were gettin’ our share

:haw:

Spindoctor
                Participant
                  Thanks to Colonel 32dll, we have our first rough cut upgraded to a full band track!

Even if you don’t care about having vocals, harmonies, or keys added, compared to the last track, this is worth another shot due to the rest of fixes. Proper practice sections have been added, reductions are more polished, the bass track is much more accurate, and there have been plenty of other fixes and tweaks to go around.

Great job again guys, Thanks for all the entertainment you provide us with. :excited: :excited:

funkydunkleman
                  Participant

That’s one thing I’ve noticed when authoring vocals, pitched or not. You spend so much time on them, you pick up on all the things you never noticed before.

Night Moves FULL BAND!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Beautiful, I’m having some friends over in about an hour for an evening of RB (& spirits). This one will be yet another outstanding last minute addition. So much great stuff being released around these parts lately, thanks again guys!

funkydunkleman
                    Participant

It’s time for a new track!

Today we have even more balls-out rock from AC/DC– wait what!?

Over 50 customs in and this is my first track with a female lead! I assure you that was not intentional. We already have a couple tracks from this album in the game, but this is more instrument based. It features a fun, simple guitar track, simple bass, a great drum track, and pro keys!

Like usual with my non-AC/DC vocals, I found a pretty well made midi to provide pitches. They are not perfect by any means. They get the job done, but there are definitely tubes that could use more detail. However none of them seem to be off-key. There was a chance to do harmonies, but I didn’t think they were accurate enough to warrant the time. If I had to grade the vox quality, I’d say it’s about a B-.

After finishing the Seger track, I felt like doing something different, so I went with this. I’ve always had a soft spot for her earlier tracks, when they were just clean and simple pop, that weren’t overly-produced. I may even try another one again someday, cause I had fun making this one.

Enjoy!

TheOreo
                      Participant

NEAT. Always can use more GaGa in RB, thanks Funky!

funkydunkleman
                        Participant
                          If they do go ahead and make another album, I think we can guarantee it would be the quickest custom release of all time. Once the album was released, I would work non-stop to have it Rock Band ready as soon as possible.

Okay, maybe not non-stop, but I did put in the extra effort and time for this:

Hot off the presses! The single was released Monday, and here it is now.

This was tough to make, considering there wasn’t much for guitar tabs to go off of, as well as no official lyrics to go by, so things aren’t as clean as they usually are. I’ve heard the song dozens of times now, and I still can’t figure out what exactly Brian is saying in the chorus. I did the best I could.

The guitar has a couple cool licks, and a short but rockin’ solo. The drums are typical Phil Rudd. The bassline is pretty boring, even by AC/DC standards, but it is more prominent in the mix compared to to last few albums.

This is also the first track the band has ever recorded without Malcolm Young on rhythm. His nephew Stevie is filling in for him, which he also did when thy toured in the late ’80s. Malcolm’s fight with dementia is nothing but terrible, and the band will never be the same without him. Stevie does a more than serviceable job taking his place, and his track is included on keys.

This is a surprisingly short song for the band, perhaps made with radio play in mind, but it still rocks. If you haven’t heard it yet, why not introduce yourself to it through the game!?

Enjoy! :rock:

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 859 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Back to top button