Error in Magma with Gem – duration of 130 ticks; max is 120

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    themiddlehalf
    Participant

I’m trying to compile my custom in Magma and I keep getting the following errors:

ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Gem at [41:4:470] in easy difficulty has a duration of 130 ticks; max is 120
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Gem at [41:4:470] in medium difficulty has a duration of 130 ticks; max is 120
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Gem at [41:4:470] in hard difficulty has a duration of 130 ticks; max is 120
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Gem at [41:4:470] in expert difficulty has a duration of 130 ticks; max is 120

Using the event list for drums in Reaper I can see I don’t have any gems at 41:4:470. The closest gems are at 42:1:000 and they are 0.0.25 in length. The strange thing is, if I delete these gems at 42:1:000, the song compiles without any errors. If I manually draw the gems back in on ANY difficulty and try to compile again, I get the same error above. It is like that time index on the drum track is broken and can’t accept any gems on any skill level. I have also tried copying the empty drum track over from the RB3 template and then copying/pasting in my notes to the new track, but as soon as I add gems back at 42:1:000 I get the compile error in Magma again. Any ever see this before? My rpp file is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1edDE3k9ci_r5Hz1OJo0KlRM9Wiw3C2N_/view?usp=sharing

B Z
      Participant

Had this happen to me at least once. My recollection is it took some digging to finally find a solution. Try this:

Open the midi track that contains the problem note(s)
        Right click on the track and select “Select all notes”
        Move the mouse over any note on the track (doesn’t have to be the note causing the problem)
        Right click on the note and select “Note properties”
        A box should pop up. In the “Length” box type 1/16
        Left click on “Apply”, Left click on “OK”

Not sure what causes the problem but hopefully that fixes it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by B Z.
        themiddlehalf
        Participant

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it still didn’t make a difference. What I ended up doing is setting the gems at 42:1:000 to be 0.0.20 instead of 0.0.25. Even though the gems at this time index are shorter they still render in the game and magma doesn’t kick off any errors.

VreyIsGrey
          Participant

Yeah for some reason Magma is very persnickety about note length on PART DRUMS specifically. It won’t let you have drum notes longer than 1/16th. Why? No clue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Back to top button