Error in MAGMA that i am getting

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bruno
    Participant

I tried to chart only the vocals of a certains song. So, i exported the midi and used magma on it.
      But i am getting this error:

Starting Nemo’s MIDI Validator…
      Everything looks good, continuing…

Loading MagmaCompilerC3.exe…
      Reading the archive
      Project Compiler: Reading project ‘C:\Users\bruno\Downloads\teste.rbproj’…
      Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5…
      Metadata Compiler: Starting…
      Metadata Compiler: Done.
      Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5…
      MIDI Compiler: Starting…
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Track EVENTS required but not found
      ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Halting validation due to missing and/or extraneous MIDI tracks
      MIDI Compiler: Done.
      ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.

What should i do?

Shroud
      Participant

It seems clear you don’t have an EVENT track in the midi. Have you tried using the C3 template? It includes all possible tracks, so you only need to mute the instruments you are not charting.

Bruno
        Participant

I was able to understand what the problem was, haha.
          But now, i am getting this:

Metadata Compiler: Starting…
          Metadata Compiler: Done.
          Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5…
          MIDI Compiler: Starting…
          ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): None of the required PART tracks were found
          MIDI Compiler: Done.
          ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler faile

Do you know what is this?

Shroud
          Participant

Can you list which tracks do you currently have in your exported midi?

I vaguely remember some problem with vocals only customs which might require some trick… you can download and check for example how the midi for Suzanne Vega – Tom’s Diner looks like.

Bruno
            Participant

I only have the Events, Part Vocals, Dry Vox and Beats track. And also, the song audio too.

Shroud
              Participant

Ok I am not sure what is wrong, here is what I would try to see if maybe they are issues:

– check that the PART VOCALS track actually has the correct name in midi also as text event
                – add also a VENUE track just in case
                – add another PART <instrument> track and see if it makes any difference

DRYVOX is not a midi track by the way, it’s an audio track, but I assume you didn’t mean it’s in the midi because it’s just not possible.

Then again, if you’re not already using C3 template to create the tracks, you should do so: start a new project with C3 template and copy your vocals chart into the pre-generated PART VOCALS track. The C3 template gives you correctly formatted “blank” midi tracks, so it should have all the basic required events to make the exported midi compiled by Magma.

Bruno
                Participant

My friend, you are a HERO ! I did it! It was my first custom and i’m super happy!
                  If it wasn’t for you, i’d never do it. So, thank you very much ! =D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Back to top button