Does the wii version of rb3 work online??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    broprotatos
    Participant

Apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, i just couldn’t find a forum for rb3 so i figured it would make sense if it was here.

Anyways, i got the news that apparently the wii version of rock band 3 still works online, even though the big N shut online services down around 6 or so years ago. I tried it myself (I bought the wii version long ago and i don’t have the money for an xbox/ps3) and sure enough it doesn’t work, even with my stable internet connection. So i do a lot of research and find out that apparently it actually did work until around early to mid 2020 (the latest confirmation i could get that it works is from February of 2020.)
      A bit more research and it turns out apparently the only reason it still worked was because the only thing the big N did was scramble the “login connections” or something like that, and a few games required cheat codes to bypass them which were patched out in july of 2020 (again, I am not sure if this is true or not, I found it online.)
      I also noticed that the C3X releases on this site as well as a few other releases have numeric wii IDs so people can get on the “leaderboards”, but don’t you have to be connected online for that?

I am confused. If it works online, then why does it not work for me, and if it does not work online, how come those releases have numeric IDs for the leaderboards? Can someone give me confirmation that online works or not, and if not, can someone tell me why they bother giving the customs numeric IDs?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Back to top button