Customs in Rock Band 4?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Maxton
    Participant

Why would you say such a pessimistic thing? I can already load custom songs onto my PS4’s music library. I put the chances at 99.9%.

unknown.png

Wolfpack Awoooo
      Participant

I’m not against it, I would love to play customs in RB4. That’s why I put it as 98% because it seems very unlikely but apparently, you can get it to work. Bravo!

spiralshadow123
        Participant

Right on, Maxton! Excited to see progress on this.

Fat Halpert
          Participant

Do you think that whatever exploits you find for customs on PS4 will carry over at all to RB on Xbox One? Or will each system have to find their own unique ways of getting it to work?

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

Maxton
            Participant

All you need for customs is some way to install unofficial DLC packages. On the PS4 this is possible because there are public exploits that enable it. On the Xbox however we’ll have to wait and see if any exploit ever surfaces. I’d say chances of customs on Xbox One are pretty low because Windows has rather good security these days, especially compared to the PS4’s OS.

pumpkinpie
              Participant

oh my this would be awesome to have customs in RB4 on the PS4 – I don’t really play keys so that is a moot point for me.

Do you need to be on an older firmware ?

I haven’t actually booted up my PS4 in a long time but I know I am on > 4.05

Maxton
                Participant

You can be on any firmware up to and including 4.55 at this time. But, I am still partway through writing the midi converter, and haven’t written any converters for .rbsong yet. So it will still be some time before customs are fully working.

pumpkinpie
                  Participant

thats okay – will wait with eager anticipation !

i will have to check tonight to see what firmware i am on though – is there a jailbreak that you need to do first ?

sorry haven’t kept up to date on the ps4 scene

Maxton
                    Participant

Yes there is a jailbreak. It’s a “temporary” jailbreak in that you have to re-apply it each time you start the console. But, it’s as simple as visiting a web page in the internet browser. I’ll be writing a complete tutorial once all the tooling I’m working on is ready. Unfortunately, the only way to make custom PKGs (until someone makes an open source tool) is by using leaked SDK tools so I won’t be able to provide those. I’m looking into a way to do this without needing to make PKGs, but I have no guarantees on that front.

pumpkinpie
                      Participant

thanks maxton – unfortunately i am on 5.01 firmware so i guess i might have to look for an older console if i have any hope of customs on ps4.

unless of course they come up with a jailbreak for current firmware.

appreciate all that you are doing here nonetheless.

Maxton
                        Participant

There is a private exploit for 5.01 which might get released in the near future, so I would stay on 5.01 if possible.

pumpkinpie
                          Participant

oh great news – thanks again maxton.

I will leave it unplugged for now in hopes for it !

Dangus
                            Participant

Nice job Maxton!

S/N: forgot how ugly rb4 used to look 😂

VreyIsGrey
                              Participant

Why would you say such a pessimistic thing? I can already load custom songs onto my PS4’s music library. I put the chances at 99.9%.

unknown.png

WHAT WHAT WHAT ALL OF MY YES :aaa:

pumpkinpie
                                Participant

There is a private exploit for 5.01 which might get released in the near future, so I would stay on 5.01 if possible.

Hey Maxton – I been following the scene and it looks like an expolit for 5.01/5.05 may get released soon !

Any news on getting customs into RB4 ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Back to top button