Custom clothes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I remember seeing a chart preview where the band had custom clothes to look like the Steven universe cast

I was aondering if anyone knew how I could make, create or download outfits

VreyIsGrey
    Participant

What do you mean? Like, using the in-game clothes to make it look like a character, or making custom textures? Because I don’t think there’s a way to do that in RB.

Fat Halpert
      Participant

You can use ConTools to replace user made in-game art (like tattoos and logos) with photos. I did this to insert the “Riot!” album art on a t-shirt for my Haley Williams character, seen here:

This effectively allows you to make custom designs on your clothes, moreso than the character customization provides in-game.

You can reach me on Discord: Fat Halpert#3165

TH3_M01ST_0NE
        Participant

That is super cool!

But how did you go about getting a custom image onto rb3? I am able to upload pngs through ConTools, but it always ends up bumping the file size up, which just gives corrupted data. What did you have to do to get the Riot design to not affect the save’s file size?

VreyIsGrey
          Participant

Wow! I didn’t know you could do that. And what utility is that in C3 Con Tools?

Fat Halpert
            Participant

It’s the “Save File Image Extractor”

Linos Melendi
              Participant

The Steven Universe character outfits in my customs were just made with the in-game art maker

wZYsI04.png

TxPFF4U.png

BornGamerRob
                Participant

How the heck do you apply the custom art to clothing?

Anonymous

yeah guys, how? this was so curious o.0

Linos Melendi
                    Participant

Look for clothing with the “Customizable” tag and in the Current Outfit section it gives you an option to add art

miPsQdA.png

BornGamerRob
                      Participant

Thanks! Got a new toy to play with now. 😊 Already wrecked my save file a few times. Lol.

Fat Halpert
                        Participant

To anyone who is about to try this, keep an eye on the size of your save file and make a backup before editing it. If the file size gets too large, you’ll corrupt it. I’m not sure how big it can get without corrupting, but my save file is 8.61 MB, so I’m assuming you’ll be fine as long as you stay under that. The “help” section of the Save File Image Extractor mentions that it should stay at exactly 8.22 MB, so maybe take that into consideration as well. I added 10 pictures to my save file that add up to 440 KB total, and my highest resolution picture is 256×256.

It’s looking beautiful. Really amazing.

TH3_M01ST_0NE
                          Participant

Trying this again for the first time in a while and it seems like whatever I try to replace just bumps up my save’s file size, corrupting it. Does anyone have any insight on how to get this to work consistently? I’ve tried compressing my images, png vs jpg, resizing, and it still isn’t working.

StackOverflow0x
                            Participant

Oh wow, I was looking for this the past couple of videos I recorded. I knew there was a way, but didn’t remember how it was done.

So if anyone is doing this on charts recorded on Dolphin, you can use the Custom Texture option in the emulator, then have it replace your own custom art with something else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Back to top button